Questionmarks for the Bears

Brum Bear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
OL and Secondary should be our biggest question marks.

Although I can't say I'm not thrilled at the idea of seeing how Fields gets on too.

Liked Posts:
OL and Secondary should be our biggest question marks.

Although I can't say I'm not thrilled at the idea of seeing how Fields gets on too.
They also have to think about life after Mack since they dont have a first round pick until 2023.

If we dont have that OLB to motor this 3-4 base then theres no point in even running it.

To me it would be the equivalent of trying to run a 4-3 Tampa 2 without a 3 technique. It just wont work.

I believe that Mack will be around 32 or 33 by 2023 thats a little long in the tooth for a guy who basically motors your current defensive scheme.

I know many want an offensive identity moving forward and I can understand the reasoning.

Yet that and all the rule making in the world from Goodell and his merry band of woke execs still wont change that the franchises that still play the best defense, under any given trend or era, will still find themselves in the postseason more often than not.

I do suspect more future draft capitol will find its way to the offensive side of the ball than were historically accustomed to.

But when they do draft defense with the early picks they will at the very least have to focus on the key positions of a 3-4 base like OLB, CB(as you mentioned)early& NT in the later rounds. ...

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Forget the question marks about Trubisky. I have no doubt he's mentally tough and a true leader. He might not end up being an elite QB, but he'll be the greatest Bears QB of all time. Mark my words, he'll have the trajectory to be the greatest Bears QB all time in a couple of years, and a lot of fans will turn on him because we haven't won a Super Bowl yet - you can count on that in this town. How quickly they forget when we had QBs like Orton and Grossman. Trubisky is the real deal.

Be very worried about our WRs. Allen Robinson is never going to sniff 1,400 yards and 14 TDs ever again. A grade three ACL tear is still a serious, career threatening injury. To put it in laymen's terms, his ceiling is now what ProFootball Focus calls "average."

Kevin White has missed too much time to be competitive in the NFL ever again.</end>

Who's left? Taylor Gabriel? Are you kidding me? Earl Bennett Anthony Miller? Who's not only short but slow too. Bellamy might see the field this year.

And last but not least, always remember, Matt Nagy has never been a head football coach at any level, but George McCaskey and Ted Phillips - with their stellar record for hiring coaches - looked past that because Nagy explicitly said he wanted the job.
Never forget

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Never forget
That is simping for Trubisky pretty hard. Why doesn't he give Fields the same benefit of the doubt? What is the difference between these 2 QBs?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That is simping for Trubisky pretty hard. Why doesn't he give Fields the same benefit of the doubt? What is the difference between these 2 QBs?
Tag him and ask

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Forget the question marks about Trubisky. I have no doubt he's mentally tough and a true leader. He might not end up being an elite QB, but he'll be the greatest Bears QB of all time. Mark my words, he'll have the trajectory to be the greatest Bears QB all time in a couple of years, and a lot of fans will turn on him because we haven't won a Super Bowl yet - you can count on that in this town. How quickly they forget when we had QBs like Orton and Grossman. Trubisky is the real deal.

Be very worried about our WRs. Allen Robinson is never going to sniff 1,400 yards and 14 TDs ever again. A grade three ACL tear is still a serious, career threatening injury. To put it in laymen's terms, his ceiling is now what ProFootball Focus calls "average."

Kevin White has missed too much time to be competitive in the NFL ever again.</end>

Who's left? Taylor Gabriel? Are you kidding me? Earl Bennett Anthony Miller? Who's not only short but slow too. Bellamy might see the field this year.

And last but not least, always remember, Matt Nagy has never been a head football coach at any level, but George McCaskey and Ted Phillips - with their stellar record for hiring coaches - looked past that because Nagy explicitly said he wanted the job.
How?

Liked Posts:

wow that’s cringe

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Honestly he hit on 75%. The Trubisky take was wayy off but the rest was spot on.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

@Black Rainbow you forgot to erase this take

Btw you turned on trubisky and was ecstatic they traded for foles hahahahaha