Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Obviously he keeps playing when a lot of guys may of hung it up. Outside of 2010, he's played at least 14 games every year. And outside of last year he played 16 games for 7 years in a row and was named the starter less ONE GAME. He must have started something like 100 starts in a row and that's later in his career.

Obviously, the game has changed, but it makes you wonder if NFL teams give up on or get rid of RBs too easily these days. I guess it's too easy to replace them with fresh legs for less money in the draft.

I always liked every down backs as a kid, and the last wave we saw were Tomlinson, Shawn Alexander, Adrian Peterson, Corey Dillion...etc.

There are still every down backs in the NFL.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
Todd fucking Bell!!!
You're comparing Todd Bell's career to Frank Gore's?
Good God.

The '84 Bears were losing to the Redskins in the playoffs until Todd Bell delivered a brutal hit , knocking the receiver out cold and causing a turnover. In an instant, the momentum turned and the Bears won the game. It gave the team invaluable playoff experience which, no doubt, helped them to a Superbowl the following year.

More than that, he was a leader at great personal cost as far as negotiating to get NFL players salaries closer to fair market value. As a result of that stance, he did not play the year of the Superbowl. He made the pro-bowl as well. Without a doubt, he helped the Bears to a Superbowl in '85 without even stepping on the field and he helped NFL players today get paid what they are worth.

He died at a tragic age of 47 of a heart attack.

So, yes, he had a quiet and fantastic career. While Gore has had a much longer career, he is not quiet and his successes are widely recognized.

Do you really need to swear all the time? Young people do go on this forum. It really isn't necessary.

Last edited:

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
JoeBucsFan @JoeBucsFan 23s

No joke the homie @frankgore is only 3,600 yards away from passing @EmmittSmith22 to be the all time NFL leader in rushing yards... ? And he about to get his shot for more touches this year

I couldn't believe this when I read it. I had to look it up, but he is only 500yrds from passing Sanders and 2000yrds from Walter.

I honestly can't think of a better candidate for the title of this thread. I even did some digging on other RBs that had any kind of longevity. Gore beats them all.

bandhammer

Liked Posts:
Gore averages 4.4 for his career just like Sweetness. Definitely not a compiler. He's played on some absolute terrible teams. 2 ACL tears (both knees) and had to live at home while at Miami so he could take care of his mom and drive her to dialysis every day. As a freshman with 2 good knees, Gore is the best Miami Hurricane running back of all time. He was taken in a draft that had Benson, Williams, and Brown go 2, 3, 4. Had the 9ers took Rodgers #1 instead of Smith, I think it changes the way Frank Gore is viewed. Probably less yards, but a possible superbowl winner as well.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The '84 Bears were losing to the Redskins in the playoffs until Todd Bell delivered a brutal hit , knocking the receiver out cold and causing a turnover. In an instant, the momentum turned and the Bears won the game. It gave the team invaluable playoff experience which, no doubt, helped them to a Superbowl the following year.

More than that, he was a leader at great personal cost as far as negotiating to get NFL players salaries closer to fair market value. As a result of that stance, he did not play the year of the Superbowl. He made the pro-bowl as well. Without a doubt, he helped the Bears to a Superbowl in '85 without even stepping on the field and he helped NFL players today get paid what they are worth.

So, yes, he had a quiet and fantastic career. While Gore has had a much longer career, he is not quiet and his successes are widely recognized.

Do you really need to swear all the time? Young people do go on this forum. It really isn't necessary.

Todd Bell was a good SS on a stacked defense. He was the Adrian Amos of 1984. Then he sat out the SB season with Al Harris because Bell(1 career PB) wanted to be paid more than anyone( Walter, McMahon, Hampton, Dent, Singletary) on the team and Harris a 0 x PBer wanted a $1 more than Wilbur Marshall, both stupid arguments. Duerson took Bell's spot and became a 4x PBer and Marshal took over and became one of the most feared LB's in the NFL.

And how the hell do you know "young people read this forum?" And if anyone let's their preteen read this forum that is their parenting issue.

darkvirage

Liked Posts:
Frank Gore has always been a class-act, and seeing him get the rushing record would be awesome. Not sure if he'll play another two years to make it happen, but I'd love to see him at the top of the list instead of Smith.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Gore averages 4.4 for his career just like Sweetness. Definitely not a compiler. He's played on some absolute terrible teams. 2 ACL tears (both knees) and had to live at home while at Miami so he could take care of his mom and drive her to dialysis every day. As a freshman with 2 good knees, Gore is the best Miami Hurricane running back of all time. He was taken in a draft that had Benson, Williams, and Brown go 2, 3, 4. Had the 9ers took Rodgers #1 instead of Smith, I think it changes the way Frank Gore is viewed. Probably less yards, but a possible superbowl winner as well.
Almost as impressive asTodd Bell

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
Todd Bell was a good SS on a stacked defense. He was the Adrian Amos of 1984. Then he sat out the SB season with Al Harris because Bell(1 career PB) wanted to be paid more than anyone( Walter, McMahon, Hampton, Dent, Singletary) on the team and Harris a 0 x PBer wanted a $1 more than Wilbur Marshall, both stupid arguments. Duerson took Bell's spot and became a 4x PBer and Marshal took over and became one of the most feared LB's in the NFL.

And how the hell do you know "young people read this forum?" And if anyone let's their preteen read this forum that is their parenting issue.

My teens do read this forum and your language is not appropriate for them, nor for adults. Please stop.

Speed

Liked Posts:
I don't know about "great" career, but I was always surprised that Corey Graham stuck around for as long as he did.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Fucking betas and their language complaints.