legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
It wouldn’t surprise me if this is the last time Quinn takes the practice field till next season.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
For sure. But he’s paid to put the QB on his ass. That’s just the reality of the situation.
Mack is paid to rush and put pressure on the QB and that’s what he does. It’s not Mack’s fault when the QBs get the ball out quick or gets held. If OLB are paid to put QBs on their asses then they should be the lowest paid players in the league.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Mack is paid to rush and put pressure on the QB and that’s what he does. It’s not Mack’s fault when the QBs get the ball out quick or gets held. If OLB are paid to put QBs on their asses then they should be the lowest paid players in the league.
I agree to an extent. He’s putting good pressure on QBs but he’s supposed to be game changer. Game changer means getting that sack to get the offense off the field or causing a fumble to put the offense in a good scoring position. It’s one thing to be an efficient pass rusher that gets pressure but Mack is paid like a game changer and needs to produce like one.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
I agree to an extent. He’s putting good pressure on QBs but he’s supposed to be game changer. Game changer means getting that sack to get the offense off the field or causing a fumble to put the offense in a good scoring position. It’s one thing to be an efficient pass rusher that gets pressure but Mack is paid like a game changer and needs to produce like one.

he is a game changer, if he's caused the opponents qb to throw quick passes instead of 5,7 step drops then he did change the game...You want to see him forcing fumbles, get sacks etc...then blame the offense...if the offense scores early then the opponent has no choice but to do more 5,7 step drops giving mack more opportunities to make more plays...

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
It wouldn’t surprise me if this is the last time Quinn takes the practice field till next season.
I'd even argue this could be the last time he enters Halas Hall. Sad day indeed.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I disagree and think he is a game changer. Don’t get me wrong, he has regressed since his 2018 season but offenses have to game plan around him. Mack should have had 2 sacks last week but was held and he couldn’t get to the QB. To me, stats don’t mean everything. Obviously I want him to have a high sack total, but getting pressure on the QB is more important.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I disagree and think he is a game changer. Don’t get me wrong, he has regressed since his 2018 season but offenses have to game plan around him. Mack should have had 2 sacks last week but was held and he couldn’t get to the QB. To me, stats don’t mean everything. Obviously I want him to have a high sack total, but getting pressure on the QB is more important.
Are you going to tell me the other top pass rushers in the league get held and schemes out of making plays every single week?

Teams focus on stopping guys like Donald every single week. Yet he still wrecks havoc most every single week. We’ve seen Mack literally run over a triple team before. Now he can get held and neutralized by one OT, or even a TE, just by (now apparently legal) holding? We can find a guy off the street to do that.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
he is a game changer, if he's caused the opponents qb to throw quick passes instead of 5,7 step drops then he did change the game...You want to see him forcing fumbles, get sacks etc...then blame the offense...if the offense scores early then the opponent has no choice but to do more 5,7 step drops giving mack more opportunities to make more plays...
That’s just not enough. Forcing teams to change play calling is not going to ruin an OC’s day. Khalil Mack was advertised as the 2nd best defensive player in football behind Aaron Donald and needs to actually ruin games the same way Aaron Donald does. You honestly think Ryan Pace gave up 2 1st round picks and committed that much money to him so that OC’s would be forced to change the type of pass plays they called? I don’t. Khalil Mack is here to bring in sacks

msadows

Liked Posts:
Are you going to tell me the other top pass rushers in the league get held and schemes out of making plays every single week?

Teams focus on stopping guys like Donald every single week. Yet he still wrecks havoc most every single week. We’ve seen Mack literally run over a triple team before. Now he can get held and neutralized by one OT, or even a TE, just by (now apparently legal) holding? We can find a guy off the street to do that.

He's not always getting neutralized. I mean obviously he needs to play better, but the fact he had hot trash line up on the other side didn't help his pass rush.

A lot easier for a QB like stafford to avoid the rush when all he has to do is move away from macks side and let the ot push him away

Visionman

Liked Posts:
That’s just not enough. Forcing teams to change play calling is not going to ruin an OC’s day. Khalil Mack was advertised as the 2nd best defensive player in football behind Aaron Donald and needs to actually ruin games the same way Aaron Donald does. You honestly think Ryan Pace gave up 2 1st round picks and committed that much money to him so that OC’s would be forced to change the type of pass plays they called? I don’t. Khalil Mack is here to bring in sacks
Or at least to disrupt what the opposing QB and offense game plan to do. Make him scramble, throw it away or early, etc. Stafford was far too comfortable this past game. Blame Mack or Pagano, it doesn’t matter. Mack costs too much for him to not affect the game in a much greater way.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
He's not always getting neutralized. I mean obviously he needs to play better, but the fact he had hot trash line up on the other side didn't help his pass rush.

A lot easier for a QB like stafford to avoid the rush when all he has to do is move away from macks side and let the ot push him away
Stafford’s nickname is “baby rhino”. He didn’t get that because he’s a good mover in the pocket.

And if Mack can’t do anything without someone good opposite him...he simply isn’t worth half of what we gave for him.