Quinn seems like favorite for Jets gig

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is who I was kind of hoping for

Dan Quinn - C - Seahawks
The New York Daily News reports the Jets are Seahawks DC Dan Quinn's "top choice," and there is "strong" reason to believe the feeling is mutual.
The Daily News expects the Jets to tab Texans exec Mike Maccagnan as GM. Jets brass and Maccagnan have interviewed twice together and went out to dinner on Friday night "before an official decision was to be made." The Jets have "strong interest" in hiring Quinn, who wants Kyle Shanahan as his offensive coordinator. Quinn reportedly also wants former Bucs GM Mark Dominik -- currently of ESPN -- to join the Jets' front office, most likely in a salary cap/contracts role behind "football guy" Maccagnan.
Related: Jets
Source: New York Daily News

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
Hiring Pace may change the landscape somewhat, if there is any mutual interest between Pace and Quinn, plus we already have Cliff Fucking Stein.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Good thing we have Ted :)

Newblood

Liked Posts:
If the Bears really wanted Quinn, I'm guessing they could steal him away from the Jets.

And I'm not sure the part about bringing Dominik with him to the Jets makes sense. Potential GMs have been turning down the Jets job because they didn't feel they would have enough power. And now the HC will determine who will have the power to make these decisions?

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
Sounds more like an agent leaking a B.S. story to pump up his value. I seriously doubt Quinn has said anything publicly since that wouldn't really be allowed.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Sounds more like an agent leaking a B.S. story to pump up his value. I seriously doubt Quinn has said anything publicly since that wouldn't really be allowed.

Him saying something publically isn't relevant. That's info that could come from people inside the Jets organization leaking what was talked about to the media just as recent things in Chicago were leaked through inside sources through the media. Now it just depends on if the source was credible or if it came from NewYorkMikeFL.

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm pondering as to why he'd prefer that job over taking over the Bears.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
I'm pondering as to why he'd prefer that job over taking over the Bears.

Quinn is a defensive guy and the Jets have more defensive pieces to work with than the Bears.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Isn't it the Jets turn to go offensive HC?

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Who really wants to coach in NJ? It's not an attractive job. I'd bet he gets an interview with Pace. Who knows, but I expect he has a list and has to wait.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
f-this.gif

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@patrickfinley: I've been hearing the #bears liked #Seahawks DC Dan Quinn verrrrry much. Of course that was pre-GM hire