Quinn

Zerovoltz

Liked Posts:
Is Quinn on the market....if so, what would it take to get him?

• Haha
Reactions: DC

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Has there been any update on him? Havent heard a single thing since…

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Rams have been the latest rumor but I doubt the Bears get rid of him unless a team does something crazy like offer a third round pick or better for him.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Because there hasn’t been an update. It’s all been media speculation.

Sure, for the right price they could move him. But I don’t think they are looking to just get rid of a key piece that could make our defense respectable this year. I bet that price is higher than most think, at least for now. It could go down by the trade deadline when we know what we have (or don’t have) this season…

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Because there hasn’t been an update. It’s all been media speculation.

Sure, for the right price they could move him. But I don’t think they are looking to just get rid of a key piece that could make our defense respectable this year. I bet that price is higher than most think, at least for now. It could go down by the trade deadline when we know what we have (or don’t have) this season…
Or on the flip side the price goes up if a team like the Chiefs are desperate at the trade deadline.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
If I am the Bears, I'm trading Quinn to the Patriots for 2 thirds and 459 gallons of unleaded gasoline.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t believe the Rams would ever trade for him. They got rid of him. Why would he want show up for them just so they can eventually dump him a second time?

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do we honestly believe that Quinn's trade value will increase next year 2023 ?

We need to get rid of those players who are on the way down from peak performances while their trade value is still substantial

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

We need to get rid of those players who are on the way down from peak performances while their trade value is still substantial
Agreed. It’s a whole different scheme and while I’m aware Quinn is at his best in the 4-3, he is also a year older and Mack isn’t here either

Visionman

Liked Posts:

Having a halfway decent pass rush will not only help Gordon and Brisker to develop properly, but keeping games close will also help Fields and the offense developing properly as well. Certainly worth keeping him for now. Closer to the trade deadline may be a different story…

Canth

Liked Posts:
Agreed. It’s a whole different scheme and while I’m aware Quinn is at his best in the 4-3, he is also a year older and Mack isn’t here either
Mack wasn't there for half the season last year either.

They don't need to trade players just to be trading players. They do still need to field a defense in 2022. So, you don't just give a guy like that away for peanuts. Hence, all the speculation that Quinn ends up being some sort of trade deadline deal where you can (hopefully) maximize the return. It's a gamble that he stays healthy and productive, but it's a decent one.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I am the Bears I tell him to ply the first 5 or six weeks and ball out to raise your stock price, and prove the last yer was not a fluke. Teams who have injuries or are true contenders will want you and might pay us a higher price. All and all I think Poles is not moving him till closer to the deadline.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
While its possible he could have a nice early part of the season and return a late first rounder, I don't think teams are going to give more than a 2nd rounder for him considering his age. Even though the Bears are semi-tanking I think they value his production over the next 2-3 years versus a non-premium selection.

Canth

Liked Posts:
While its possible he could have a nice early part of the season and return a late first rounder, I don't think teams are going to give more than a 2nd rounder for him considering his age. Even though the Bears are semi-tanking I think they value his production over the next 2-3 years versus a non-premium selection.

I think if the Bears could get a 2nd rounder, they probably would have already traded him. The hope is that you can maybe get a 2nd rounder at the trade deadline. Unless he is completely balling out and the Bears agree to pay some salary, I don't see any way they get a 1st rounder for him.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mack wasn't there for half the season last year either.

They don't need to trade players just to be trading players. They do still need to field a defense in 2022. So, you don't just give a guy like that away for peanuts. Hence, all the speculation that Quinn ends up being some sort of trade deadline deal where you can (hopefully) maximize the return. It's a gamble that he stays healthy and productive, but it's a decent one.

Canth

Liked Posts:

Yeah, the gamble hasn't paid off. Some due to Quinn himself, but I think the other part is that the rest of the line and in particular the interior defensive line is so bad that it has been easier for opposing QB's to step up and away from Quinn. The whole defensive line just is not really working together very well to apply pressure.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that no team is going to trade a first or second rounder for Quinn. It would take a pretty legitimate contender that needs to add the one piece to make their run for a Super Bowl and those teams are few and far between to give up even a 3rd rounder for Quinn. Most likely it would be a 4th rounder they would get in return.

I think that Quinn will stay. I expect the Bears to use their first or 2nd round pick to sign a monster defensive tackle and a 3 down linebacker to pair with Roquan. The Bears will have a championship caliber defense next year and why not keep Quinn to be part of it?

Canth

Liked Posts:
I think that no team is going to trade a first or second rounder for Quinn. It would take a pretty legitimate contender that needs to add the one piece to make their run for a Super Bowl and those teams are few and far between to give up even a 3rd rounder for Quinn. Most likely it would be a 4th rounder they would get in return.

I think that Quinn will stay. I expect the Bears to use their first or 2nd round pick to sign a monster defensive tackle and a 3 down linebacker to pair with Roquan. The Bears will have a championship caliber defense next year and why not keep Quinn to be part of it?

Yeah, I would hope they keep him vs giving him away for a bag of peanuts (ie, 6th or 7th round pick). They have the cap space and as you say, if they improve the interior part of the line, then he can probably still be effective at DE.