Race to the bottom

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
that's why this team hasn't done shit in many years. instead of making sensible choices for the future they keep lying to themselves thinking they're in a win-now situation and are just merely mediocre year in and out.

when's the 18 game seasons going to become a thing?
We are in a win in 23 situation....Instead of miring in mediocrity for a couple years just go draft some players and have the cap space to get some guys to put us over the top in 23 and 24

Bust

Liked Posts:
that's why this team hasn't done shit in many years. instead of making sensible choices for the future they keep lying to themselves thinking they're in a win-now situation and are just merely mediocre year in and out.

when's the 18 game seasons going to become a thing?

Yes and no.

You go through 40 quarterbacks in 20 seasons

Is Justin the guy??? Can he end the Ohio State curse??

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
We should have kept the high priced contracts and fought for a 8-9 record.
I'm not down on moving Mack's contract, but I do think we might have been a bit hasty with him coming off surgery.

I said after the season, if both Quin and Mack were healthy in 2022 we might be better than a lot of ppl were suspecting. I think it might have been smarter to keep him for one more year, and if he balled out, you'd still get a 2nd round pick next year.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd add that we created a HUGE hole at DE....so now two big holes at DE and CB...and one WR under contract, right?

Race to the bottom confirmed.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Way too early to tell. I wouldn’t be upset if the Bears ended up with a top 5 pick as long as the offense looked great.

The Bears can rebuild a defense quick with all the cap space.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not down on moving Mack's contract, but I do think we might have been a bit hasty with him coming off surgery.

I said after the season, if both Quin and Mack were healthy in 2022 we might be better than a lot of ppl were suspecting. I think it might have been smarter to keep him for one more year, and if he balled out, you'd still get a 2nd round pick next year.
I think the Bears are gambling on Mack not being the same and as valuable as his contract. The front office probably doesn't believe the Bears can compete in 22 realistically.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Bears are gambling on Mack not being the same and as valuable as his contract. The front office probably doesn't believe the Bears can compete in 22 realistically.
Yeah, the benefit of the doubt is that they have inside info on his injury/surgery and don't think he'll be 100% next year.

mecha

Liked Posts:
We are in a win in 23 situation....Instead of miring in mediocrity for a couple years just go draft some players and have the cap space to get some guys to put us over the top in 23 and 24
I'm just saying all the shit people whined about for years under Pace, Poles is actually doing, and now Poles is the shithead.

I don't think there's any backlash in the Cohen/Trevathan thread to my knowledge like this one. whatever.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Well, we can put to rest the question of is this clown just a troll now.
CropperCapture[7].jpg

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
There is no need to freak out right now. We aren't winning the division this year, but will be far from the bottom. The schedule next year is much easier than last season's and the offense can only improve.

I also expect us to be big spenders in free agency. A big OL splash. Some nice mid tier signings. Throw in a young receiver from the draft. We won't be super bowl contenders, but should be a wild card team

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:

And if he sucked ass and got injured again, you'd be stuck with him and cap killing contract.

Just admit it, you're not very good a being an armchair GM.