Raiders 5th round pick became a 7th

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Hahaha you know people are reaching for reasons to hate on Pace when they add what backup QB he signed to their arguments. It's already bad enough to use Glennon who he was able to cut after one year but now the backup to. ?
Glennon was brought in to be a starter. And yes, backup qbs do count as well. His evaluation of quarterbacks is suspect at best. Look ar what teams are getting out of Tannehill, Bridgewater, Minshew, etc.

coolio

Liked Posts:
Glennon was brought in to be a starter. And yes, backup qbs do count as well. His evaluation of quarterbacks is suspect at best. Look ar what teams are getting out of Tannehill, Bridgewater, Minshew, etc.

He values personality and character too much, that's why. I think he looks for guys that remind him of Drew Bree's in the personality department, not in the skills department. A 3rd round talent could probably convince Pace to take him 2 rounds early over a dinner where he tells corny jokes and acts like a nice guy

To a point it does matter what type of characters we have on our team, but I would take a guy who's a dickhead and good at football than someone who is a nice guy and isn't.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Fucking Chalk Talk lied to me!!! Said it was a 5th.

giphy.gif

I'ma take his beggars pizza and split it with my CCS #A.M.GANG

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Bridgewater was a 1st round pick who always played well when he was a starter even in Minn until his serious injury and Minshew really wasn't all that great and the jury is still out on what he'll be as a pro. Daniel was one of the better backups in the NFL when we got him from KC cause if he wasn't then one of the best QB minds in the NFL in A.Reid wouldn't of had him as his backup in KC. Tannehill needed something new but without D.Henry and a great defense do you really think Tannehill would of done what he did throwing 10 passes a game? LOL. I still love what Tannehill did though. You're reaching. End of story.

Go Bears

2Deep

Liked Posts:
Bridgewater was a 1st round pick who always played well when he was a starter even in Minn until his serious injury and Minshew really wasn't all that great and the jury is still out on what he'll be as a pro. Daniel was one of the better backups in the NFL when we got him from KC cause if he wasn't then one of the best QB minds in the NFL in A.Reid wouldn't of had him as his backup in KC. Tannehill needed something new but without D.Henry and a great defense do you really think Tannehill would of done what he did throwing 10 passes a game? LOL. I still love what Tannehill did though. You're reaching. End of story.

Go Bears

The Bridgewater love is out of control.
The dude was an average QB before injury.
He played 5 games with one of the best offenses in football and one of the best O lines. He game managed. Now he is better then sliced bread. Not buying it!!!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The Bridgewater love is out of control.
The dude was an average QB before injury.
He played 5 games with one of the best offenses in football and one of the best O lines. He game managed. Now he is better then sliced bread. Not buying it!!!

Yeah i do think giving him a crazy multi year contract is still a big chance but he was good in Minn and he was really good whenever he replaced Brees but without being able to see him consistently play there will always be questions about what he could do in a full time starting spot. I think he will be just fine as long as they actually give the guy some talent on offense and good coaching and it's not some rebuilding team like Miami or some others.

SouthSida773

Liked Posts:
Atleast we’ll have the first pick in the draft next year. I say it’s a win.