Rams 34 Bears 14 2021 Week 1 Recap: FIRE MATT NAGY NOW!

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I don't think you benefit much firing him now. Hire what, Some interim guy? Who would that even be? John DeFilippo probably. Everyone hopes they'll get somebody like Gregg Williams who crushes it but odds are it won't be much better.

Just wait til Black Monday.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
I don't think you benefit much firing him now. Hire what, Some interim guy? Who would that even be? John DeFilippo probably. Everyone hopes they'll get somebody like Gregg Williams who crushes it but odds are it won't be much better.

There’s no difference whatsoever with an interim vs Nagy. And if you’re going to fire him in the off season, there’s no advantage in keeping him. It will calm down the fans, and expose Nagy as the fraud he is.

90sBullsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Kansas City Royals
  1. Minnesota Timberwolves
  1. Kansas City Chiefs
  1. Minnesota Wild
  1. Northern Iowa Panthers
Who becomes interim coach if he's let go in the middle of the season?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
No one saw this one coming!

Montucky

Liked Posts:
There’s no difference whatsoever with an interim vs Nagy. And if you’re going to fire him in the off season, there’s no advantage in keeping him. It will calm down the fans, and expose Nagy as the fraud he is.
Nothing will calm down the fans except for Justin Fields lighting it up. An interim coach isn't going to take anyone off the ledge, and even if does who cares?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Why?

Seriously, everyone expected us to lose by double digits. It's why the heavy majority of money came in on the rams.

Nothing that happened in week 1 surprised anyone. We knew this team would be shit and they are shit.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

Pederson or anyone who will develop Fields for the final 16 games. Don't throw away 2021 on Nagy.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Pederson or anyone who will develop Fields for the final 16 games. Don't throw away 2021 on Nagy.
Doug Pederson is not coming back to be an interim coach. If he wants to head coach again he'll find himself a job in the off-season without needing to audition by bringing a shitty Bears team out of the fire.

I mean I suppose it could happen, but when is the last time a coach hired mid-season stuck on? I can't recall.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Doug Pederson is not coming back to be an interim coach. If he wants to head coach again he'll find himself a job in the off-season without needing to audition by bringing a shitty Bears team out of the fire.

I mean I suppose it could happen, but when is the last time a coach hired mid-season stuck on? I can't recall.
It all depends on if he thinks he can turn the team around.

It is called betting on yourself.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
It all depends on if he thinks he can turn the team around.

It is called betting on yourself.
Right, but if I were him and I wanted to coach the Bears (read: Justin Fields) I would just wait til the off-season. No use taking on the baggage Nagy directly leaves for him this season.

Unless he really, really wants it. But I cant recall that ever happening in NFL history, and aren't him and Nagy boys? I don't think he'd do Nagy like that mid-season.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Right, but if I were him and I wanted to coach the Bears (read: Justin Fields) I would just wait til the off-season. No use taking on the baggage Nagy directly leaves for him this season.

Unless he really, really wants it. But I cant recall that ever happening in NFL history, and aren't him and Nagy boys? I don't think he'd do Nagy like that mid-season.
We will never know because the Bears don't like firing someone before the end of the season.

However; if they really like someone, it is best going early before there are the 7 or so teams all looking on Black Monday for their own new head coach

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I usually see no reason to fire a coach midseason, but Lazor can run a better offense that Matt Nagy. He has proven it. Just do what needs to be done and let Lazor run the show.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
We will never know because the Bears don't like firing someone before the end of the season.

However; if they really like someone, it is best going early before there are the 7 or so teams all looking on Black Monday for their own new head coach
Its an interesting idea. I am a little surprised it hasn't been tried before, but I think mid-season firings unless in cases of extreme neglect are not well received by coaches around the league. Its an indignity, and most guys who suffer it really didn't deserve it. Trestman really stretched the line late in his last season with the Bears, I don't see Nagy doing anything worse than that.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Its an interesting idea. I am a little surprised it hasn't been tried before, but I think mid-season firings unless in cases of extreme neglect are not well received by coaches around the league. Its an indignity, and most guys who suffer it really didn't deserve it. Trestman really stretched the line late in his last season with the Bears, I don't see Nagy doing anything worse than that.
I think it already has happened though it is not that common.

BobInIndy

Liked Posts:
I usually see no reason to fire a coach midseason, but Lazor can run a better offense that Matt Nagy. He has proven it. Just do what needs to be done and let Lazor run the show.
Ownership could simply tell Nagy to have Lazor run the offense, without firing Nagy during the season.