Rank the Top 5 Bears Blunders since 2000

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Time to root FOR the Bears.. and forget about how bad the Lions are or be satisfied with beating the Packers.
I do root for the Bears, every time the play the Packers.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Most of the Lions watched that in real time too. Last time the Lions had a HC that lasted for more than 3 years was over 20 years ago and he, Ross, literally walked out on that shit show in Nov of his 4th year. Your last playoff win was 30 years ago and you're giving shit over a kicker in a recent playoff game? Detroit has lost people like rats from a sinking ship (down 2/3rds) and you're throwing shade on Chicago?
:jonesy:
Lions should change their name to relatively honor your most successful team and become
the Detroit Pissed Ons.
View attachment 12426
Math is not your strong suit, is it? Caldwell lasted 4 years, but I am glad you think holding on to a shit HC is something to be proud off, this explains why the Bears still have Nagy. Your posts might be taken a little more seriously if your opening line isn't wrong, better luck next time.

And I am pretty sure Detroit's most successful team would be the Red Wings, so, another fail.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Math is not your strong suit, is it? Caldwell lasted 4 years, but I am glad you think holding on to a shit HC is something to be proud off, this explains why the Bears still have Nagy. Your posts might be taken a little more seriously if your opening line isn't wrong, better luck next time.
Caldwell should have never been fired

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, since a blunder is a defined as a careless mistake, numbers 1 and 5 don't even make sense, so, yes your list is less valid. Those are just results of poor play execution.

And that you can't reference anything before 2014 shows your Bears football ignorance.
Might be a valid complaint if you didn't do nearly the same.

1. Choosing Trubisky over Mahomes, yes, but if we are looking at it in present time having a likely sex offender in Watson owed $45M more in guaranteed money is a bad situation.

1b) Agreeing to Soldier Field renovation.

2. Hiring Phil Emery, Trestman & Mel Tucker

3) Kevin White- could be least productive top 10 pick in Bears history.

4) Robert Quin horrible signing, and even if he plays well, too much money spent towards a guy playing out of position, and at the cost of upgrading the OL or Wr groups.

5) Not moving on from Lovie Smith sooner. He was the ultimate bum slayer HC, and while they have not hired better, he was never going to win a SB.

5b) Not removing Ted Phillips from everything not accounting.

the problem is the lease the Bears signed, not the Renovation itself, and I am not quite sure how that relates to the product on the field itself, so I would never have included it. Lovie was let go in 2014, so yeah, the majority of your "blunders" is in the same time period. You guys don't see it yet, but in 2 years your all going to be bitching about how far behind Pace left the Bears.

Last edited:

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Meh, I will grant you that Matty P was a complete failure, but Caldwell was much like Lovie.
Caldwell was the best the lions had in 2+ decades and had positive momentum. The lions don't really have the track record to move on from that.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Caldwell was the best the lions had in 2+ decades and had positive momentum. The lions don't really have the track record to move on from that.
Lol, I could say the same about Nagy/Pace. Sneaking into the playoffs with an 8-8 record might prove to be the worst thing that has happened to the Bears in recent years. I still contend that almost any new HC/Gm combination the Bears would have brought in would have made a move for a QB, yet not signed Dalton, retained Fuller, and let Graham and maybe Hicks walk. Bears would be a better team if not for them.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Might be a valid complaint if you didn't do nearly the same.

1. Choosing Trubisky over Mahomes, yes, but if we are looking at it in present time having a likely sex offender in Watson owed $45M more in guaranteed money is a bad situation.

1b) Agreeing to Soldier Field renovation.

2. Hiring Phil Emery, Trestman & Mel Tucker

3) Kevin White- could be least productive top 10 pick in Bears history.

4) Robert Quin horrible signing, and even if he plays well, too much money spent towards a guy playing out of position, and at the cost of upgrading the OL or Wr groups.

5) Not moving on from Lovie Smith sooner. He was the ultimate bum slayer HC, and while they have not hired better, he was never going to win a SB.

5b) Not removing Ted Phillips from everything not accounting.

the problem is the lease the Bears signed, not the Renovation itself, and I am not quite sure how that relates to the product on the field itself, so I would never have included it. Lovie was let go in 2014, so yeah, the majority of your "blunders" is in the same time period. You guys don't see it yet, but in 2 years your all going to be bitching about how far behind Pace left the Bears.

Nearly the same? Your critical thinking skills are lacking. My condolences.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

And I am pretty sure Detroit's most successful team would be the Red Wings, so, another fail.
LOL. Go Detoilet!

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
A couple blunders I haven't seen mentioned:

- Letting Chuck Pagano retire. I read on CCS he isn't the major issue with the defense.

- Not picking up Trubisky's option. I read on CCS he's better than Russell Wilson.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Most of the Lions watched that in real time too. Last time the Lions had a HC that lasted for more than 3 years was over 20 years ago and he, Ross, literally walked out on that shit show in Nov of his 4th year. Your last playoff win was 30 years ago and you're giving shit over a kicker in a recent playoff game? Detroit has lost people like rats from a sinking ship (down 2/3rds) and you're throwing shade on Chicago?
:jonesy:
Lions should change their name to relatively honor your most successful team and become
the Detroit Pissed Ons.
View attachment 12426
Jim Schwartz lasted 5 years. He was right before Caldwells 4 years.
Bobby Ross didn’t make it 4 years either

@nc0gnet0

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:

This. I have always felt that the greatest blind spot in Bears fandom/homerness is in recognizing the sheer idiocy and ineptitude of the one-system, zero adjustment, no game plan Bum Slayer.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Meh, I will grant you that Matty P was a complete failure, but Caldwell was much like Lovie.
Love won 3 playoff games for the Bears. Caldwell, as with all Lions coaches, didn't win in Detroit in the postseason

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Jim Schwartz lasted 5 years. He was right before Caldwells 4 years.
Bobby Ross didn’t make it 4 years either

@nc0gnet0
That's further evidence of the LOLions ineptitude. They kept dumbass Schwartz forever despite underachieving with prime era Such, Megatron, and Stafford longer than Caldwell who had them team playing better with similar talent, then replaced Jim with another overhyped idiotic former Belicheck assistant. LMAO

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
For those meatheads who do not believe in innocence UNTIL proven guilty:

Watson will be fine. If he had done anything criminal, he would be facing criminal charges. HE IS NOT. This was/is strictly a money grab.

He will sit out a year (same as if he had gotten injured for a year); get traded or come back to the Texans and then light it up for the rest of his career. He is simply too good not to.

I personally hope he gets traded. A change of scenery would be great for him.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
That's further evidence of the LOLions ineptitude. They kept dumbass Schwartz forever despite underachieving with prime era Such, Megatron, and Stafford longer than Caldwell who had them team playing better with similar talent, then replaced Jim with another overhyped idiotic former Belicheck assistant. LMAO

Doesn’t change the fact though…..

I guess my only answer is I don’t really care about who the better coach was for the Lions. I just corrected the person who said Ross was the only coach they had longer than 3 years. I leave the arguing about their ineptitude to you guys……

carry on my wayward sons.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
1. Letting Thomas Jones walk to keep Cedric Benson. Cause the team got flat the following year without Jones.

2. Making Hester a WR. Dude was a gift at returning the ball. The day they made him a WR, he became a bland player on all fronts.

3. Not so much signing Cutler, I think we all liked the move, but giving him almost no help his entire time here...and when they did give him a nice supporting cast, bringing in a moron coach from Canada to screw them all.

4. Picking Jared Allen over trying to keep Peppers. Allen just never worked out and Peppers was decent the following two years up North.

5. Allowing Nagy the job when he clearly didn't like the QB. I really hope since he helped pick Fields he doesn't do him wrong, but you gotta play to the QB strengths. He's the leader of the Offense. I heard no one predicting Mahomes would be what he is now, or was the first few years...he looked pretty average with a shit line last year at times, and had they taken Watson, the Bears would be in QB hell again already, so they picked Mitch...gotta work with him. Nagy seemed like he just wanted his offense, regardless of the players he had. Foles proved this as well. Here's hoping Fields get the game plan around him he deserves.

5b. Hiring Mel Tucker. That was a disaster.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
For those meatheads who do not believe in innocence UNTIL proven guilty:

Watson will be fine. If he had done anything criminal, he would be facing criminal charges. HE IS NOT. This was/is strictly a money grab.

He will sit out a year (same as if he had gotten injured for a year); get traded or come back to the Texans and then light it up for the rest of his career. He is simply too good not to.

I personally hope he gets traded. A change of scenery would be great for him.
Whys this in this thread?