Rank the Top 5 Bears Blunders since 2000

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
1) extending Cutler. (aka hiring Phil Emery)

2) not hiring Arians after extending Cutler. (aka hiring Phil Emery)

3) drafting the wrong qb in 2017.

4) the whole Cody Parkey thing.

5) soldier field renovation.

Honorable mention: generally terrible first round draft picks, not retaining Rivera, pairing Cutler in his first season here with an OC - who as a college HC - rescinded his scholarship during his senior year of high school, drafting benson, most likely Robert Quinn, and of course... not choosing nick kwiatkowski.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's further evidence of the LOLions ineptitude. They kept dumbass Schwartz forever despite underachieving with prime era Such, Megatron, and Stafford longer than Caldwell who had them team playing better with similar talent, then replaced Jim with another overhyped idiotic former Belicheck assistant. LMAO
It's not like the Bears ex-hc have a list of success after they left the Bears. At least the lions ex-hc's still remained in the NFL, Where is Fox, Trestman, Lovie now?

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
It's not like the Bears ex-hc have a list of success after they left the Bears. At least the lions ex-hc's still remained in the NFL, Where is Fox, Trestman, Lovie now?
Lovie is the DC for the Texans
Trestman was in the XFL before the covid thing
I think Fox was hired by ESPN. I dont watch ESPN, unless its some youtube clip. So Ive never seen him

I guess they needed more out of life than just sitting at home retired with millions and just scrolling the webs.

Who cares what these people did when they left?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Emery fucking up the Arians interview. I feel like him and Cutler would have been a perfect fit.

They’d definitely make a run on Jamies Winston’s 30 INT season. Cutler would have probably gotten into the top 3 all time at 34+ INT’s with Arians having him sling it at full aggressive mode.

mecha

Liked Posts:
was Lovie Smith's doghouse cited anywhere? how about him being a defensive mastermind and the defense taking multiple steps back with either him calling the defense or having Babich do it? the way the team pulled the plug on Grossman in 2007, should've happened in 2006. dude had an even 50/50 split of good and bad games. also never forget, Cedric Benson jobbed himself out of the Super Bowl, after losing a fumble no less, with a phantom knee injury.

I don't know, fuck it, that's my 5 blunders in the 2000s.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Your list is good. The Mitch draft will be a historic black eye. No one will remember shitty draft grades. Mitch Trubisky will be the answer to a Mahomes trivia question in 15 years.
But what if Fields ends up elite and wins us a super bowl, that never happens without the Mitch pick.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
But what if Fields ends up elite and wins us a super bowl, that never happens without the Mitch pick.

That's a huge stretch. You'd have a better argument that the Bears could have won a Super Bowl without the pick.

If Fields turns into a Superstar that wins it all for the Bears, I will probably be mailing all my thank you cards to the GM in Denver...if he still has a job there.