Ranking the 2022 NFL Draft class

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
(Obligatory…) Welp… there goes the Super Bowl.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
The take sucks because they - writers for NFL.com - whine about the lack of picks to help Fields, and mention who we drafted as an afterthought.

Justin Fields is not the Chicago Bears. Get over it. I'm thinking ppl who keep whining about Fields' weapons are going to look dumb af in the fall.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The take sucks because they - writers for NFL.com - whine about the lack of picks to help Fields, and mention who we drafted as an afterthought.

Justin Fields is not the Chicago Bears. Get over it. I'm thinking ppl who keep whining about Fields' weapons are going to look dumb af in the fall.
WAAHHHHHHHHHH PEOPLE WHO AREN'T FANS OF THE BEARS DON'T AGREE WITH MY HOMER OPINION!

and by my homer opinion i mean the one you stole from homer bears accounts on twitter.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
We've literally had 9 different threads on this. Why did the OP feel that he needed to make another one?
What's the over/under for "poles wants Fieldsz to succeed" thread

greg23

Liked Posts:

Much like mitch AND the BHVWGHC BOTH could suck (not one or the other)

Poles could have helped the "team" this off-season while also not providing Fields enough weapons.....both can be true.

If you currently rank offensive weapons........the Bears have to be in the bottom 10; and more likely bottom 5; in the nfl.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
WAAHHHHHHHHHH PEOPLE WHO AREN'T FANS OF THE BEARS DON'T AGREE WITH MY HOMER OPINION!

and by my homer opinion i mean the one you stole from homer bears accounts on twitter.
Wrong.

This is just like the time you accused me of getting my "Justin Fields slides with his head up" take from the announcers on a game day...then I posted proof of me mentioning it here weeks earlier.?

It's spectator sports, not rocket science. Ppl are bound to have similar opinions / notice the same things.

Clint Eastwood

Liked Posts:
It’s a terrible write-up. It is an indictment of the bears current overall offseason plan, not the players they acquired in the draft. And others were given good review despite minimal draft capital and there is no mention of the value the bears drafted with crappy starting draft capital. I give the write-up and F, and the draft a B+

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Wrong.

This is just like the time you accused me of getting my "Justin Fields slides with his head up" take from the announcers on a game day...then I posted proof of me mentioning it here weeks earlier.?

It's spectator sports, not rocket science. Ppl are bound to have similar opinions / notice the same things.
You said it exactly zero times until the announcers did.

And idk why but the post I originally replied to I thought was MJY. I would never call you a homer.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
You said it exactly zero times until the announcers did.

And idk why but the post I originally replied to I thought was MJY. I would never call you a homer.
Fair enough about the MJY thing.

Proof of the slide comment below. The game was in December, I mentioned his weird slide in September.

SmartSelect_20220508-070149_Chrome.jpg
SmartSelect_20220508-070206_Chrome.jpg

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It’s a terrible write-up. It is an indictment of the bears current overall offseason plan, not the players they acquired in the draft.
I disagree on it being a terrible write-up. I think it pretty much nails it. They praise the secondary picks and question the Vuvuzela selection and rightly questions their plan on helping Fields succeed.

That seems to be the disconnect between how the optimistic fan feels and how many people who cover the league are evaluating their draft. Good players, bad plan. If Fields doesnt have enough support and the offense struggles again, these good picks dont matter.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Kind of hard to rank high in a draft with no early picks.
Conversely, those teams who acquired extra fist round picks should be expected to rank higher.

Seriously what else could you possibly expect?

..now..If the bears ever have multiple picks before #20 and they rank that low, maybe I would care.

Clint Eastwood

Liked Posts:
I disagree on it being a terrible write-up. I think it pretty much nails it. They praise the secondary picks and question the Vuvuzela selection and rightly questions their plan on helping Fields succeed.

That seems to be the disconnect between how the optimistic fan feels and how many people who cover the league are evaluating their draft. Good players, bad plan. If Fields doesnt have enough support and the offense struggles again, these good picks dont matter.
I disagree. They make no mention of the value in the 2 second rounders who had high grades by most. The entire critique was the narrative that everyone is copying that Poles hasnt done enough to surround fields with talent. It’s a growing narrative that is exaggerated. Yes, he hasnt made big splashes for overpaying WR or OL pre-draft. I accept that, and actually agree with the decision (though I would do everything to sign wil Fuller now). But he is clearing cap space to make better moves next year, while giving the younger players time to declare who may be long term solutions. This will benefit fields in the best long term way.

As far as draft capital and position, not sure poles could have done much better. I doubt sky moore will help the team more than a middling free agent receiver, and the two 2nd rounders acquired two long term starters. This will allow poles to use his huge Free agent dollars next year more on offense than defense as he at least plugged two holes hopefully in the long term.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

I don’t think the write up itself was terrible, but the idea behind it is meaningless. These negative write ups from the “experts” are based on what they think. Do they ever get the GMs side of the story or dig deeper into why Poles went the route he did?

Yes, Poles needs to get Fields support, but if this drafted went as Poles planned or wanted, than he should deserve praise. Like many including myself have mentioned, getting Fields support is going to take more than one offseason. He made some moves this off season and we should expect many more next off season.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I disagree. They make no mention of the value in the 2 second rounders who had high grades by most. The entire critique was the narrative that everyone is copying that Poles hasnt done enough to surround fields with talent. It’s a growing narrative that is exaggerated. Yes, he hasnt made big splashes for overpaying WR or OL pre-draft. I accept that, and actually agree with the decision (though I would do everything to sign wil Fuller now). But he is clearing cap space to make better moves next year, while giving the younger players time to declare who may be long term solutions. This will benefit fields in the best long term way.

As far as draft capital and position, not sure poles could have done much better. I doubt sky moore will help the team more than a middling free agent receiver, and the two 2nd rounders acquired two long term starters. This will allow poles to use his huge Free agent dollars next year more on offense than defense as he at least plugged two holes hopefully in the long term.
Delusional homerism it is then.

I don’t think the write up itself was terrible, but the idea behind it is meaningless. These negative write ups from the “experts” are based on what they think. Do they ever get the GMs side of the story or dig deeper into why Poles went the route he did?

Yes, Poles needs to get Fields support, but if this drafted went as Poles planned or wanted, than he should deserve praise. Like many including myself have mentioned, getting Fields support is going to take more than one offseason. He made some moves this off season and we should expect many more next off season.
Of course it's based on what they think. That's how this whole thing works. You want them to post an article based on what the GM thinks? That's what Larry Mayer is for. This whole thing sounds like copium to me.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Delusional homerism it is then.

Of course it's based on what they think. That's how this whole thing works. You want them to post an article based on what the GM thinks? That's what Larry Mayer is for. This whole thing sounds like copium to me.
I think it’s meaningless to take those rankings and articles seriously, which so many fans do. I’d rather read an article based on actual facts over pointless opinions, buts that’s me. So yeah, if more “experts” actually got the insight from GMs, I think fans would then understand why they went the route they did. Poles is slowly getting Fields help, but fans don’t understand that because he didn’t draft or sign the players they wanted.