Rapaport: Bears holding trade talks surrounding Teven Jenkins

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Then explain to me why ive spent all off-season complaining about how the Bears aren't doing enough to help Justin Fields develop. I'll wait.
Because Rush paid you to complain?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Keep up the cooler than everyone else routine as you march towards forty thousand.
Well now I must admit that I am upset. With your recent return, I really wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt and maybe even build a decent e-friendship on this board. Tough break I guess.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Teven Jenkins sounds a lot like Isaiah Wilson, thankfully minus the off field catastrophes. I don’t think there is much chance he finds success elsewhere, nor should that really weigh on the Bears minds.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Are you fond of this analogy?
Not that I'm fond of it, but it seemed to match what MJY was saying. Look it up yourself and tell me if my analogy matches or if some other one fits better.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:

doubt it was a scheme thing for Teven. Moreso a lifestyle thing. He would rather be a strong blubber gut who mauls people while fuelling up on ribs, mac n cheese and beer. Rather than a skinny fat pissed off guy making weight each week while eating boiled plain chicken breast and broccoli.

Hes just a simple big ass country boy at the end of the day.. likes his bbq, highly refined carbs n miller lite

Poles should let him say f the weight class and see if he can move while being beer fat... chub gods exist.. theres always a few athletes who need exceptions to fat% markers

Last edited:

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I'm curious what sort of "public" reprimand you would like Poles to give you for Byron Pringle doing donuts? Not trying to attack, just curious.

Your second opinion, of course people would (rightly so) complain if Jenkins gets moved and succeeds. That hypothetical could go either way though, what happens when Jenkins gets moved and doesn't play another meaningful down in the NFL? What gives you the impression that Jenkins can go succeed elsewhere?

We don't know a lot, but what we DO know; prior injury, lackluster play when he actually was available last year, falling in the draft, and a new regimes complete reluctance to release any specific information on a situation that is addressed daily by media, point to a draft mistake by Pace.
My point wasn't so much that those players need to be reprimanded, but that if Teven Jenkins was being moved for "bad attitude" or because Eberflus is trying to set a culture, it seems odd to me they would choose essentially a 2nd round rookie to send a message. Especially if they were soft on players who actually got arrested, only to be harsh on a guy who came into camp in improved shape and thrown into trade talks the first week of camp.

I'm looking at it from a risk/reward potential. We have a 1st/2nd round talent that if we move off of will be for a 5th/6th rounder. That's not a good deal. We have Jenkins on a cheap rookie contract. We won't find another guy with more upside available at a cheaper price than what we are paying for him. He could fail elsewhere and the reward would be a 5th round pick. Big whoop! But if he goes elsewhere and succeeds, it will be letting a good player go for table scraps..and a position of need at that.

There are plenty of players who fall to the second round. It doesn't mean that the red flags are aplenty. Good players fall all the time for no apparent reason other than simply the teams that picked ahead of him had one other guy they liked more. At the end of the day, he still went #39 at the top end of the 2nd. He has potential. He came into camp in improved shape. Its the job for the coaches to find the best starting 5 OL. They can't do that if they are just trashing guys because of a disconnect.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Teven Jenkins sounds a lot like Isaiah Wilson, thankfully minus the off field catastrophes. I don’t think there is much chance he finds success elsewhere, nor should that really weigh on the Bears minds.
K, thx.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Where did you hear that Jenkins publicly disagreed with losing weight? From what I've read, he lost 20 lbs and over 10% body fat from where he ended last season. He has put in the work this offseason.

He showed up for camp on Day 1. Not sure what happened after that. Thats where the speculation comes in. All you are doing is guessing, as you admit. We don't know.
He worked hard to lose the weight as they asked, then thought that was deserving of a starting gig. When he was told he’d still have to do more to earn it, he started pouting. He’s a Nagy player, not a Flus guy, in any sense of the word…

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
He worked hard to lose the weight as they asked, then thought that was deserving of a starting gig. When he was told he’d still have to do more to earn it, he started pouting. He’s a Nagy player, not a Flus guy, in any sense of the word…
That is 100% speculation. You, nor does anyone else on this board know why Jenkins is not participating in camp. We don't know if he is pouting or if the staff told him to go home for a few days.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
That is 100% speculation. You, nor does anyone else on this board know why Jenkins is not participating in camp. We don't know if he is pouting or if the staff told him to go home for a few days.
Jesus man, how many hours are you going to spend crying about teven jenkins? Get the sand out of your vagina and move on bud

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
View attachment 21298

I stand corrected LOL!!!! Looks like you wanted Pace to trade up to draft TEVEN JENKINS!!!
I did. I also had no clue he had back issues or immaturity concerns. This is a GMs job, not mine. I also said i wanted the Bears to draft Christian Watson and that there were WRs i would take over Brisker. I've been campaigning for Greg Roman for years. This is all there is you're willing to actually do the work.

Now do my posts from 2019 telling everyone that the reigning executive of the year Ryan Pace was a fraud and they should fire him before he set them back another half decade.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I did. I also had no clue he had back issues or immaturity concerns. This is a GMs job, not mine. I also said i wanted the Bears to draft Christian Watson and that there were WRs i would take over Brisker. I've been campaigning for Greg Roman for years. This is all there is you're willing to actually do the work.

Now do my posts from 2019 telling everyone that the reigning executive of the year Ryan Pace was a fraud and they should fire him before he set them back another half decade.
So you vouched for maybe 3 things...and you didn't stick by any of them. Not even the potential only one year later of Jenkins whom you lauded after the draft.

Everyone knows you hate Pace. But they don't take that seriously since you hate everything. It doesn't make you smart. You hate every move, every decision, and essentially everything the Bears do. Not even sure why you follow this team.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
So you vouched for maybe 3 things...and you didn't stick by any of them. Not even the potential only one year later of Jenkins whom you lauded after the draft.

Everyone knows you hate Pace. But they don't take that seriously since you hate everything. It doesn't make you smart. You hate every move, every decision, and essentially everything the Bears do. Not even sure why you follow this team.
I don't understand this part. If new information is presented to you about a player or a situation are you not allowed to change your opinion?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Jesus man, how many hours are you going to spend crying about teven jenkins? Get the sand out of your vagina and move on bud
Just don't get why so many people are quick to speculate and move on from a 2nd round pick from just a year ago. Ohhhh wait, its because Ryan Pace selected him so everyone is eager to trash him to the side...we get it you all don't like Pace. Doesn't mean its good to lose a 2nd round pick to make some stupid point..

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Just don't get why so many people are quick to speculate and move on from a 2nd round pick from just a year ago. Ohhhh wait, its because Ryan Pace selected him so everyone is eager to trash him to the side...we get it you all don't like Pace. Doesn't mean its good to lose a 2nd round pick to make some stupid point..
Quit talking about Ryan Pace. I don't care anymore. If I agree with you will you shut up about all this?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I don't understand this part. If new information is presented to you about a player or a situation are you not allowed to change your opinion?
Of course you are allowed to change your position if a player is good or not or if there is a better route of action to take as more information is processed.

But the point is that in that moment, with the given information available, a decision has to be made. In context, drafting Tevin Jenkins was considered a unanimously good pick at the time. It was probably the best decision for the Chicago Bears that anyone could dream up on that day.

If Teven Jenkins doesn't work out, it stinks, but it is what is is. But to act like Pace was an idiot for drafting him with the benefit of hindsight is ridiculous. Especially, when all of us were right there applauding the pick. It was the best possible decision. One which Anytime himself even supported.