Rapaport: Bears holding trade talks surrounding Teven Jenkins

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
the thing is, if it's indeed attitude, he's no help at all to the team. you can't coach someone up if they refuse to be coached.
We don't know his side of the situation. We don't know what he went through after coming back from back surgery. Everyone on here is just assuming he had a bad attitude. We don't know if thats true or if it is true why that is the matter. But, I have a hard time believing a 2nd year OL is willing to throw away his opportunity to start in the NFL, because of some bad attitude that is uncorrectable. How are they going to give up day two of training camp? Really?!

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
We don't know his side of the situation. We don't know what he went through after coming back from back surgery. Everyone on here is just assuming he had a bad attitude. We don't know if thats true or if it is true why that is the matter. But, I have a hard time believing a 2nd year OL is willing to throw away his opportunity to start in the NFL, because of some bad attitude that is uncorrectable. How are they going to give up day two of training camp? Really?!
This is next level pace caping

@dabears70 you could learn a thing or two

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I would not be surprised it was more of a shouting match or punches that led to this.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Well, it's not the first time players have ruined their careers over having a bad attitude.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
db70warroom.png

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
the thing is, if it's indeed attitude, he's no help at all to the team. you can't coach someone up if they refuse to be coached.
If he is a talented kid, then yes. Plenty of talented players had attitude issues in the league and teams find a way to resolve it. Usually the attitude is connected to a situation or misunderstanding by the player that could be addressed by the staff. Just giving up on the kid on the second day of training camp and going to trade talks is baffling to me..

And who said he is refusing to be coached? We don't know why Jenkins isn't appearing? Its all speculation

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Have you listened to any of the draft profiles about his maturity issues?

Hell even his college coach made comments that lead you to believe that he's not as focused on football as he could or should be

Screenshot_20220801-160008_Chrome.jpg

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
If he is a talented kid, then yes. Plenty of talented players had attitude issues in the league and teams find a way to resolve it. Usually the attitude is connected to a situation or misunderstanding by the player that could be addressed by the staff. Just giving up on the kid on the second day of training camp and going to trade talks is baffling to me..

And who said he is refusing to be coached? We don't know why Jenkins isn't appearing? Its all speculation
It seems to me like you are so hung up on paces "gems" that you can't comprehend how he could have made a mistake. It's not the next FOs job to deal with his incompetence

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
The things is, its like you guys are happy that we are losing out on a 2nd round draft pick all because Pace made it. Its silly. Tevin Jenkins was considered a first round talent that we were able to get in the 2nd round. Losing out on him because of a "disconnect" between the coaches or some attitude issue on the 2nd day of camp is ridiculous. Whether he is an all star in the making is going to matter, because we aren't getting anything more than a 5th for him. Are you guys even Bears fans? Why doesn't this piss you off?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
The things is, its like you guys are happy that we are losing out on a 2nd round draft pick all because Pace made it. Its silly. Tevin Jenkins was considered a first round talent that we were able to get in the 2nd round. Losing out on him because of a "disconnect" between the coaches or some attitude issue on the 2nd day of camp is ridiculous. Whether he is an all star in the making is going to matter, because we aren't getting anything more than a 5th for him. Are you guys even Bears fans? Why doesn't this piss you off?
It pisses people off that pace fucked up that pick. Why do you think he was still available in round 2 if he was a 1st round talent? Must have been some red flags huh?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

Because like it or not that is often how it works. New GM, new coaches means many players who could stick don't. If other teams are willing to give something for those players that's better than just letting them walk for nothing.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Just because he was considered a 1st round talent doesn't mean anything. He hasn't shown shit to waste time on him. If he's not worth investing time in to then get rid of him. Dont push the issue because of his draft status

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
It seems to me like you are so hung up on paces "gems" that you can't comprehend how he could have made a mistake. It's not the next FOs job to deal with his incompetence
No, what fan is happy to have to move off a 2nd round pick, who hasn't even had much of an opportunity to really be on the field, before the start of their second season. And not only that, but at a position of weakness where we need to do everything possible to find as many young guys who can be part of rebuilding our OL.

Its not about Pace. You all are the ones who are celebrating...its asanine!

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
No, what fan is happy to have to move off a 2nd round pick, who hasn't even had much of an opportunity to really be on the field, before the start of their second season. And not only that, but at a position of weakness where we need to do everything possible to find as many young guys who can be part of rebuilding our OL.

Its not about Pace. You all are the ones who are celebrating...its asanine!
Nobody is celebrating. You are fawning over a pick that seems very much like its because your man crush made that pick. Everyone else is just fine moving on if he's going to continue to be a fuck up

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Just because he was considered a 1st round talent doesn't mean anything. He hasn't shown shit to waste time on him. If he's not worth investing time in to then get rid of him. Dont push the issue because of his draft status
We don't know if he hasn't shown shit, because he hasn't played. We simply don't know. The staff doesn't know either. They haven't seen him in an actual game. His draft status matters, beasue this organization invested capital in him. We don't have the luxury to just move off of him a year later...just because our ego is hurt.