Rapaport: Bears holding trade talks surrounding Teven Jenkins

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
LOL - well Pace...

1659388482487.png

Only thing that could make this better is someone firing off the old Leroy Jenkins meme but dubbing Tevin in there, and then as he's out the door leaving Halas Hall, you sync it up with the dude saying "At least I'm not a chicken."

Pfft.

What a train wreck.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
No, what fan is happy to have to move off a 2nd round pick, who hasn't even had much of an opportunity to really be on the field, before the start of their second season. And not only that, but at a position of weakness where we need to do everything possible to find as many young guys who can be part of rebuilding our OL.

Its not about Pace. You all are the ones who are celebrating...its asanine!
Im not seeing one fan here that is “happy” about this situation. However there are plenty of fans here who understand why the new GM would want to get rid of him. Jenkins has been a bum thus far. It doesn’t matter if he was a 1st or 7th round pick…he’s been a bum

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Nobody is celebrating. You are fawning over a pick that seems very much like its because your man crush made that pick. Everyone else is just fine moving on if he's going to continue to be a fuck up
I'm not fawning over the pick, I don't know how good he is. Braxton Jones and Carter could out play him. I don't give a shit. If they do, good on them. I want to find the best young players to protect Justin Fields regardless. But its BS to just move off of some guy because of a "disconnect." We aren't going to get anything for Jenkins. Those that dream we could get a 3rd or 4th aren't living in reality.

I'm upset, because if Jenkins is gone for peanuts, Its a Loss for the Chicago Bears. That is why I'm mad.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Im not seeing one fan here that is “happy” about this situation. However there are plenty of fans here who understand why the new GM would want to get rid of him. Jenkins has been a bum thus far. It doesn’t matter if he was a 1st or 7th round pick…he’s been a bum

How has he been a bum? He hasn't played. He hasn't had much of an opportunity to showcase himself. You wouldn't know one way or the either.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The things is, its like you guys are happy that we are losing out on a 2nd round draft pick all because Pace made it. Its silly. Tevin Jenkins was considered a first round talent that we were able to get in the 2nd round. Losing out on him because of a "disconnect" between the coaches or some attitude issue on the 2nd day of camp is ridiculous. Whether he is an all star in the making is going to matter, because we aren't getting anything more than a 5th for him. Are you guys even Bears fans? Why doesn't this piss you off?

For me, honestly, its situational. If Pace were still here, damn right I'd be livid.

But this is year one of a rebuild under a new regime. The old guy who made the dumb pick is gone. And the NFL graveyard is littered with bodies of players who had all the potential in the world to be a first round talent but didn't make it in the league because they couldn't get their head screwed on straight.

There is a time and place to get mad that a high pick didn't work out, but if its year 1 of a new regime and that pick was made by the previous one? Yeah, that's not the time to get mad.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We don't know if he hasn't shown shit, because he hasn't played. We simply don't know. The staff doesn't know either. They haven't seen him in an actual game. His draft status matters, beasue this organization invested capital in him. We don't have the luxury to just move off of him a year later...just because our ego is hurt.

You're right. The staff doesn't know how good OR BAD he is. What they do know is apparently he is a colossal headache, and if you haven't already proven yourself on the field, NO NFL coach worth his salt is going to put up with the headache.

So if a player is going to be an ass - he better prove himself first.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
It pisses people off that pace fucked up that pick. Why do you think he was still available in round 2 if he was a 1st round talent? Must have been some red flags huh?
Plenty of great players drop to the 2nd round. It doesn't mean they weren't worthy of being a 1st round pick. I have no idea why Kyler Gordon and Jaquan Brisker weren't selected in the 1st round. It doesn't mean they have any red flags. Simply that the teams that selected had someone else higher on their board, whether based off of need or talent, and that allowed them to drop.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The things is, its like you guys are happy that we are losing out on a 2nd round draft pick all because Pace made it. Its silly. Tevin Jenkins was considered a first round talent that we were able to get in the 2nd round. Losing out on him because of a "disconnect" between the coaches or some attitude issue on the 2nd day of camp is ridiculous. Whether he is an all star in the making is going to matter, because we aren't getting anything more than a 5th for him. Are you guys even Bears fans? Why doesn't this piss you off?
Getting major Tom Smykowski vibes from this post

Posters like you are absolutely ridiculous questioning the fandom of others because some of us didn't buy into the delusions you did. Everyone here outside of @Visionman and the Packers trolls wants the Bears to win. It's why i wanted Pace fired after the conclusion of the 2019 season because i knew this team would go nowhere with him and the longer you kept him was the further you set your team back and Jenkins was only more proof of that. Jenkins doesn't fit what they want to do, period. He probably would have found himself a spot on the team if he acted more like an adult. Im sorry but i wont blow off the reports of him having maturity issues when theres a history there.

When did your love for a GM mean more than the success of the franchise he had control over for 7 years? Pacesexuals make me fucking sick.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
LOL - well Pace...

View attachment 21279

Only thing that could make this better is someone firing off the old Leroy Jenkins meme but dubbing Tevin in there, and then as he's out the door leaving Halas Hall, you sync it up with the dude saying "At least I'm not a chicken."

Pfft.

What a train wreck.
Just so everyone knows this retardd wanted to keep pace around

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
You're right. The staff doesn't know how good OR BAD he is. What they do know is apparently he is a colossal headache, and if you haven't already proven yourself on the field, NO NFL coach worth his salt is going to put up with the headache.

So if a player is going to be an ass - he better prove himself first.
You don't know if he was being an ass. You don't know if he was being a colossal headache. Its hard to imagine someone could be such a headache after half of an offseason that the team enters trade discussions...when in the same offseason where three other players were arrested and there was seemingly none to little punishment.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

C’mon man. No one is happy about this. You’re just upset and saying stupid shit because it sucks.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
For me, honestly, its situational. If Pace were still here, damn right I'd be livid.

But this is year one of a rebuild under a new regime. The old guy who made the dumb pick is gone. And the NFL graveyard is littered with bodies of players who had all the potential in the world to be a first round talent but didn't make it in the league because they couldn't get their head screwed on straight.

There is a time and place to get mad that a high pick didn't work out, but if its year 1 of a new regime and that pick was made by the previous one? Yeah, that's not the time to get mad.
Can you redo this post in the form of an analogy?

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You don't know if he was being an ass. You don't know if he was being a colossal headache. Its hard to imagine someone could be such a headache after half of an offseason that the team enters trade discussions...when in the same offseason where three other players were arrested and there was seemingly none to little punishment.

I mean, sure, if you want to not believe all the leaks coming out on him. That's your prerogative.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
How has he been a bum? He hasn't played. He hasn't had much of an opportunity to showcase himself. You wouldn't know one way or the either.
Because he hasn’t been there to showcase himself. Injuries happen, we all get that. What’s his reason for missing time now? Sure sounds like it isn’t injury related and more of a attitude thing. You don’t know one way or another either

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Getting major Tom Smykowski vibes from this post

Posters like you are absolutely ridiculous questioning the fandom of others because some of us didn't buy into the delusions you did. Everyone here outside of @Visionman and the Packers trolls wants the Bears to win. It's why i wanted Pace fired after the conclusion of the 2019 season because i knew this team would go nowhere with him and the longer you kept him was the further you set your team back and Jenkins was only more proof of that. Jenkins doesn't fit what they want to do, period. He probably would have found himself a spot on the team if he acted more like an adult. Im sorry but i wont blow off the reports of him having maturity issues when theres a history there.

When did your love for a GM mean more than the success of the franchise he had control over for 7 years? Pacesexuals make me fucking sick.
You just made my point in the bold. You are motivated for Jenkins not to work out for the Bears to prove your point that Pace needed to go. Yet, you don't know if Jenkins fits their scheme. That was never mentioned in any report. There really has only been one source that said Jenkins and the staff had a disconnect. We still don't know the details. At the end of the day, its a loss for the Bears current team to lose out on a young OLineman.