Rapaport: Bears holding trade talks surrounding Teven Jenkins

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I highly doubt Poles would take Jenkins over Carter at this point. He drafted one of them and has no ties to the other.
Solid point but Carter is much more likely to make it past waivers to stash on the PS. It’s still early in camp though. There’s still a small chance Jenkins comes in and balls out. So let’s just see how it plays out.

Who knows how much truth there is to these rumors. I don’t necessarily doubt the immaturity rumor but I’m not gonna get all worked up over something Kap put out there.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
All this "he doesn't have ties because he didn't draft him" is the dumbest shit i've ever heard. He's the GM for the Chicago Bears who have a 2nd round OL that was just drafted last year and was highly talked about as a 1st round starter in the NFL throughout the draft process by many "draft experts" but because this new GM didn't draft him then the guy should just be tossed aside and move on to the next.

Dumbest shit i've ever heard. Did he draft him? Obviously not but this is your team right now and if there's talent on this team that you need right now, and this team is screaming for talent, then you do your part in making this shit work and keep that talent here. If he trades Jenkins for some minimal return then it better come out that Jenkins took a shit on his desk and slapped his momma or Poles just blew it again and he's blown multiple moves already in his short GM career here.
As dumb as you think it is, it actually does play a role. Especially when that said player is a no show at camp. Pace viewed him as a second round pick, that doesn’t mean Poles does. If Poles thought highly of Jenkins I don’t think he would have drafted 4 OL this offseason. Just because one GM thinks highly of a player, doesn’t mean they all do. Maybe Poles doesn’t think Jenkins is as talented as Pace did or you do. Ever think about that? Quit being a dumbass.

joec231

Liked Posts:
All this "he doesn't have ties because he didn't draft him" is the dumbest shit i've ever heard. He's the GM for the Chicago Bears who have a 2nd round OL that was just drafted last year and was highly talked about as a 1st round starter in the NFL throughout the draft process by many "draft experts" but because this new GM didn't draft him then the guy should just be tossed aside and move on to the next.

Dumbest shit i've ever heard. Did he draft him? Obviously not but this is your team right now and if there's talent on this team that you need right now, and this team is screaming for talent, then you do your part in making this shit work and keep that talent here. If he trades Jenkins for some minimal return then it better come out that Jenkins took a shit on his desk and slapped his momma or Poles just blew it again and he's blown multiple moves already in his short GM career here.
Do you think that it might be possible, honest question, that the guy who got fired for not being good at his job (Pace) might have hired/drafted a guy who would also be bad at their job (Jenkins)?

You speak about "draft experts" and "highly talked about" but all of that means nothing. If Jenkins goes on to be a great OL somewhere else, then absolutely we can talk about Poles missing. The facts, as they are today, Jenkins fell in the draft for a reason, has done nothing to show ANYONE (including fans) that those reasons for his draft tumble were untrue, and now the Bears staff (which include actual NFL talent evaluators and qualified members) are so put off by Jenkins that they won't even let him participate in training camp.

But you think he has talent, so Poles just "blew it again" before any football has been played under his tenure.

Obvious troll is obvious.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
As dumb as you think it is, it actually does play a role. Especially when that said player is a no show at camp. Pace viewed him as a second round pick, that doesn’t mean Poles does. If Poles thought highly of Jenkins I don’t think he would have drafted 4 OL this offseason. Just because one GM thinks highly of a player, doesn’t mean they all do. Maybe Poles doesn’t think Jenkins is as talented as Pace did or you do. Ever think about that? Quit being a dumbass.
Your whole post is you speculating so lets not call people names limp dick.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you think that it might be possible, honest question, that the guy who got fired for not being good at his job (Pace) might have hired/drafted a guy who would also be bad at their job (Jenkins)?

You speak about "draft experts" and "highly talked about" but all of that means nothing. If Jenkins goes on to be a great OL somewhere else, then absolutely we can talk about Poles missing. The facts, as they are today, Jenkins fell in the draft for a reason, has done nothing to show ANYONE (including fans) that those reasons for his draft tumble were untrue, and now the Bears staff (which include actual NFL talent evaluators and qualified members) are so put off by Jenkins that they won't even let him participate in training camp.

But you think he has talent, so Poles just "blew it again" before any football has been played under his tenure.

Probably the best take in here. If the rumors are even true of course,

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Spot on. Please post more, Joe.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

giphy.gif
Eddie.jpg

joec231

Liked Posts:
Wouldn't "alt" season be during the year when the Bears are losing, as opposed to the first days of training camp? It's cool though, that you can call me that, and completely disregard what I said, the true signature of intelligence.

I listen to the Score while working, and I was always curious if the Bobs/meatballs calling into the shows were just a Score thing. After not really checking CCS for a year or so, I wanted to see more training camp news (I really appreciate the posters who centralize all the Bears tweets), The Score callers have nothing on your takes that I've read today.

Canth

Liked Posts:
And this was the problem that existed with Pace and always trading up. When the player doesn't work out for whatever reason, you lose the opportunity cost of multiple picks. The man had no patience in his roster building.

I know it's hindsight, but to put it in perspective: If Pace had not traded up for Jenkins and knew how to evaluate OL, he could have stayed put and drafted Creed Humphrey and Spencer Brown instead of Jenkins. Probably keep Leno and dump Graham in that scenario. The offensive line would have been in immensely better shape overall.

The other possibility, again in hindsight, instead of two lineman would have been using the 3rd on a guy like Amon-ra St. Brown. So, Creed and Amon-ra. You think that might have been pretty helpful for building around your rookie qb?

My point is that his trade-ups meant that Pace always had to hit on the players he did draft because he gave himself less chances to miss. So, when he did miss, it hurt the team even more as they didn't have the depth to absorb the miss.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think a lot of these petty conflicts that arise on here can partially be attributed to the fact that it's so @*d@!ing frustrating being a Bears fan for any length of time and enduring bad news after bad news year after year aggravates people to the point that they are looking for someone to take their shit out on. I'm not saying that some of it is not personality derived, but a lot of it is just we're all just pissed off that we've sucked so long.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
You had to know something was up when he was almost immediately getting 2nd team reps while the 5th round pick got first team reps in the FIRST organized activities of the offseason.

Excuses were made by many here and in the media about how it didn’t mean anything, but guys, it was just weird. The red flags were there.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You had to know something was up when he was almost immediately getting 2nd team reps while the 5th round pick got first team reps in the FIRST organized activities of the offseason.

Excuses were made by many here and in the media about how it didn’t mean anything, but guys, it was just weird. The red flags were there.
Yeah that was odd. And it's not like Borom played lights out last year to secure the starting right tackle role.