Rapaport: Bears holding trade talks surrounding Teven Jenkins

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
So the latest rumor is that Jenkins is "wildly immature" and that he also has another injury. (Reported as minor, but we've heard that before.)

Trading him this early, the way he's being treated...you'd think he brought a gun to Hallas Hall or straight up tried to fight a coach or something.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As dumb as you think it is, it actually does play a role. Especially when that said player is a no show at camp. Pace viewed him as a second round pick, that doesn’t mean Poles does. If Poles thought highly of Jenkins I don’t think he would have drafted 4 OL this offseason. Just because one GM thinks highly of a player, doesn’t mean they all do. Maybe Poles doesn’t think Jenkins is as talented as Pace did or you do. Ever think about that? Quit being a dumbass.
I don't think the 2nd round grade or scheme is the issue. He may just not fit with the new regimes work ethic and temperament. That's immature as he's a well paid employee. I suspect the coaches held up the gauntlet in OTAs and he's never reached for it. Maybe they're going about trying to motivate him in the wrong way but really, fuck that. Grow TF up and earn your money.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So the latest rumor is that Jenkins is "wildly immature" and that he also has another injury. (Reported as minor, but we've heard that before.)

Trading him this early, the way he's being treated...you'd think he brought a gun to Hallas Hall or straight up tried to fight a coach or something.
In other words, he went Jeremiah Ratliff up on those sumbeeches.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:

That type of thing would make you team captain the next week in recent regimes...

Canth

Liked Posts:
You had to know something was up when he was almost immediately getting 2nd team reps while the 5th round pick got first team reps in the FIRST organized activities of the offseason.

Excuses were made by many here and in the media about how it didn’t mean anything, but guys, it was just weird. The red flags were there.

As much as I can dislike the media at times, I will defend them on this one. It wasn't the media making excuses. They noticed and asked Eberflus about it. Eberflus downplayed it at the time saying they were just trying out a bunch of different combinations and that it was just a part of that. So, they were simply repeating what he had said to them on that front.

Hell, at the time, it may have even been true for all we know - they really were just trying different combinations in OTAs. If I remember right, Eberflus had even commented on they just wanted the tackles to focus on being tackles, no plans to move anyone inside. Something obviously changed since the end of the minicamp and the start of training camp. Eberflus was now talking about flexibility on the line, having guys move inside and out to find the right combination. And then, Jenkins isn't showing up to practice.

So, obvious speculation: They asked Jenkins to compete at RG and he didn't like it. Maybe he is sick or hurt or whatever in addition to that. No idea. But, it could very well be that they wanted him to be flexible along the line and he didn't want to do that.

One Team

Liked Posts:
You had to know something was up when he was almost immediately getting 2nd team reps while the 5th round pick got first team reps in the FIRST organized activities of the offseason.

Excuses were made by many here and in the media about how it didn’t mean anything, but guys, it was just weird. The red flags were there.
Yep...then the whole swing tackle thing...it wouldn't surprise that his 'minor' injury was aggravated when he/agent caught wind of 'trade' talks. Just another conspiracy theory.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Ahhh yes the "routine" minor back surgery because of tightness which made him miss months of play but he was pointing in the right direction.
jack-off-jerk-off.gif

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I think this news of them talking with teams about trading him takes out the injury rumor.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

My 100% baseless speculation is that Jenkins was butthurt about having to roll with the 2s and made up some minor injury to get out of it. Eventually someone with the team realized what was going on and here we are.

Montucky

Liked Posts:

A few days ago Hub Arkush said Jenkins might not make the fifty-three man. I know Hub has his ups an downs, but for him to say that means he probably heard it from somewhere inside the organisation first.

In all likelihood the Bears have been trying to dump Teven Jenkins all off-season. They just can't hide their displeasure for him anymore, not with the insane media spotlight training camp gets nowadays.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
My 100% baseless speculation is that Jenkins was butthurt about having to roll with the 2s and made up some minor injury to get out of it. Eventually someone with the team realized what was going on and here we are.
I don't doubt the first part at all, but I think Eberflus, Getsy and Poles had their minds mostly made up about Teven Jenkins all the back in the spring. If not before then.

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I could imagine Jenkins bitching about the new culture being too hardcore for him

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
This is such blatant horseshit and complete hyper bowl *Noon30 voice*. Again, how can you say i expect perfection when this team hasn't even come close to being just good since I've come back to CCS? How about in '19 when a ton of fans where shitting on the defense, i kept reminding people that they were 4th in points against without having an offense to take any of the burden off of them. I even defended them when they were 14th in the league. 14th isn't close to perfection now is it? How can i expect perfection while defending Justin Fields, a QB who had an article comparing his rookie year to JOSH ROSEN?

View attachment 21284

Use your brain. This is an org that has been bad from ownership to a roster depth level and everything in between. There has been very few things to be optimistic or excited about outside of a few players and when we're talking about a machine with so many moving parts, a few players is not going to cut it. Not even close. You have no idea how i would post about this team if they were anywhere close to a SB team because we've never even seen them come close. If Poles turns them into a team that regularly makes deep runs and i still am "complaining about everything", feel free to call me out on my bs.

Congrats on flipping your obvious anti-Poles, crybaby bullshit into an Anytime is always negative debate. lets get back to you turning a blind eye to 7 years of incompetence while already being out for the black GM.

Again, you proved my point. You are always negative. Read the bold. Even in your one example of trying to compliment the defense, you only did so with the caveat that the offense sucks and couldn't capitalize.

My point isn't that the Bears get it right all the time and should be continuously applauded. Its that you don't understand how hard it is to put out a winning product in the NFL. Its difficult. Its not easy finding someone who is going to get everything right.

Yet, you NEVER go on a limb and say what the Bears should do in real time. You only wait until hindsight to be negative and criticize. Yet, you don't understand the context the decision was made in or even if a "right" decision was an option. Maybe it was the best of the worst options. You just wait until after the fact and criticize.

For example, If you are mad about Poles not surrounding Justin with talent....then at least tell me who he should have got. Not, just broadly complain. Go out on a limb and tell us what you or a winning GM would do.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
He is not a football lifer. Prior to being drafted he had only 18 months of solid "trying" according to his college coach. Same coach said he had to tell Jenkums numerous times that he was full of potential.

Flash forward to NFL. He shows up hurt. Has back surgery. Barely plays, got flagged for stupid shit when he did play. Offseason comes and new regime arrives that asks him to lose weight. Jenkums publicly disagrees with that approach. New camp opens and he is nowhere to be found? My guess is he is mouthy, has no work ethic and his heart isn't even in football.

Poles would be right to move on. And as far as his value? Probably never higher than it'll ever be.

One last thing. Remember all the teams that passed on him? They probably knew he was a nut. Pace and his "high risks for high rewards" Good job Pace!

Where did you hear that Jenkins publicly disagreed with losing weight? From what I've read, he lost 20 lbs and over 10% body fat from where he ended last season. He has put in the work this offseason.

He showed up for camp on Day 1. Not sure what happened after that. Thats where the speculation comes in. All you are doing is guessing, as you admit. We don't know.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm not fawning over the pick, I don't know how good he is. Braxton Jones and Carter could out play him. I don't give a shit. If they do, good on them. I want to find the best young players to protect Justin Fields regardless. But its BS to just move off of some guy because of a "disconnect." We aren't going to get anything for Jenkins. Those that dream we could get a 3rd or 4th aren't living in reality.

I'm upset, because if Jenkins is gone for peanuts, Its a Loss for the Chicago Bears. That is why I'm mad.
It’s just a football game dude, it shouldn’t make you upset lmao

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bummer, I had pretty decent expectations for him.

Ah well, not anymore. Onwards we go, not much of a story here. We'll see what the final OL looks like.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Again, you proved my point. 1) You are always negative. Read the bold. Even in your one example of trying to compliment the defense, you only did so with the caveat that the offense sucks and couldn't capitalize.

2) My point isn't that the Bears get it right all the time and should be continuously applauded
. 3) Its that you don't understand how hard it is to put out a winning product in the NFL. Its difficult. Its not easy finding someone who is going to get everything right.

4) Yet, you NEVER go on a limb and say what the Bears should do in real time. You only wait until hindsight to be negative and criticize.
Yet, you don't understand the context the decision was made in or even if a "right" decision was an option. Maybe it was the best of the worst options. You just wait until after the fact and criticize.

For example, 5) If you are mad about Poles not surrounding Justin with talent....then at least tell me who he should have got. Not, just broadly complain. Go out on a limb and tell us what you or a winning GM would do.
1. It's called living in reality. Try it sometime. You said I'm negative about everything and i gave you 1/3rd of the entire football team that i complimented and defended. I defended the defense, that does not mean the offense is good or that i should be positive about the unit that was mainly responsible for the Bears failing year after year.

2. If you truly believe that then you're a bigger r3tard than I ever gave you credit for. What do you want me to give them credit for, existing? That they brought in a single player that belongs in the NFL? That the beat up shitty teams? Have some fucking standards, loser.

3. I understand its hard to win a Super Bowl. It is not hard to put out a true SB contender more than once every 15-20 years. It's not hard to put out a fun product that is line with what most of the NFL does during the modern era. and if you're best defense for a GM is "its hard to win", then shove it up your loser ass. Its a what have you done for me lately league and Ryan Pace did jack shit for me for the majority of his tenure. He missed on more than he hit. Stop acting like a loser.

4. This is a flat out lie. I do it all the time and this is only said by posters who strongly disagree with me (msadows during Trubisky, dongbears and now you bc of Pace). Congrats, you let feelings get in the way of objectivity.

5. Id tell you to open your eyes but you've decided to keep them closed as you gargle Pace's testicles and ignore everything that people say.

Crybaby loser. Doesn't pay attention to anything for years and then accuses people of not having opinions lmao.

@Gustavus Adolphus i think you're right, this guy might just have dongbears beat. Holy shit.