Rapaport: Bears holding trade talks surrounding Teven Jenkins

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I'm not fawning over the pick, I don't know how good he is. Braxton Jones and Carter could out play him. I don't give a shit. If they do, good on them. I want to find the best young players to protect Justin Fields regardless. But its BS to just move off of some guy because of a "disconnect." We aren't going to get anything for Jenkins. Those that dream we could get a 3rd or 4th aren't living in reality.

I'm upset, because if Jenkins is gone for peanuts, Its a Loss for the Chicago Bears. That is why I'm mad.
You don’t know how good he is, yet it’s a loss for the Chicago Bears if they get a draft pick for him. The new regime clearly doesn’t like him as much as Pace did. Seems more like a loss for Poles/Eber if they keep Jenkins on the bench and release him next offseason.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You don’t know how good he is, yet it’s a loss for the Chicago Bears if they get a draft pick for him. The new regime clearly doesn’t like him as much as Pace did. Seems more like a loss for Poles/Eber if they keep Jenkins on the bench and release him next offseason.
He's so full of shit. Imagine becoming a hater of a regime just because it's taking over for the loser you put all your faith behind. Just like the Trubisky truthers who couldnt wait to write off Fields. Awful awful fans. Biggest losers who dont deserve a good team to root for.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
1. It's called living in reality. Try it sometime. You said I'm negative about everything and i gave you 1/3rd of the entire football team that i complimented and defended. I defended the defense, that does not mean the offense is good or that i should be positive about the unit that was mainly responsible for the Bears failing year after year.

2. If you truly believe that then you're a bigger r3tard than I ever gave you credit for. What do you want me to give them credit for, existing? That they brought in a single player that belongs in the NFL? That the beat up shitty teams? Have some fucking standards, loser.

3. I understand its hard to win a Super Bowl. It is not hard to put out a true SB contender more than once every 15-20 years. It's not hard to put out a fun product that is line with what most of the NFL does during the modern era. and if you're best defense for a GM is "its hard to win", then shove it up your loser ass. Its a what have you done for me lately league and Ryan Pace did jack shit for me for the majority of his tenure. He missed on more than he hit. Stop acting like a loser.

4. This is a flat out lie. I do it all the time and this is only said by posters who strongly disagree with me (msadows during Trubisky, dongbears and now you bc of Pace). Congrats, you let feelings get in the way of objectivity.

5. Id tell you to open your eyes but you've decided to keep them closed as you gargle Pace's testicles and ignore everything that people say.

Crybaby loser. Doesn't pay attention to anything for years and then accuses people of not having opinions lmao.

@Gustavus Adolphus i think you're right, this guy might just have dongbears beat. Holy shit.
1. When's the last time you complimented a move by the staff in real time? It doesn't happen. Because if you do compliment them and said player turns out not so great, you want to be first in line to complain about it and whine.

2. Goes with the first point. Compliment the Bears in real time. Compliment them that they made the best move available to them. Maybe the best move isn't an All-pro player, but you can't be great at everything. Its not possible. This isn't a video game.

3. If its so easy, then start making projections on what the Bears should do, but as I point out, you never do. NEVER. You just complain in hindsight.

4. Its not a lie. You never say what the Bears should do in real time. Even though I've called you out in the past for it. You still don't. Even as you respond to these posts you still don't. You don't make mock drafts. you don't say who the Bears should have hired. Or who they should have acquired in Free Agency. If you did, please share with us. But you don't. And you never have.

5. You continue to bring up Pace. I rarely mention him. But still, you evade my question of what would you do? What players did you want in the draft? What coach did you want? What help should have Poles given to Justin? Just answer the question...

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Yes, its a loss, because we spent a 2nd round and 3rd round pick to draft him. And we don't even know his potential and we are potentially throwing it away.

The new regime isn't perfect. All because they may or may not like a player doesn't mean they are making the correct move.

If we keep him and he doesn't play and some rooks outplay him, its not necessarily a bad thing. It means we had some good late round additions. It means we possibly have found our young OL core. But to toss him aside so quickly isn't doing your due diligence. Its kind of like interviewing only 3 coaching candidates, all of whom or DCs, and hiring one of them, instead of looking at everyone available to make the right decision. Look, I'm hopeful of Poles, but there is a "smartest man in the room" element about him that seems to be showing itself.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Do you think that it might be possible, honest question, that the guy who got fired for not being good at his job (Pace) might have hired/drafted a guy who would also be bad at their job (Jenkins)?

You speak about "draft experts" and "highly talked about" but all of that means nothing. If Jenkins goes on to be a great OL somewhere else, then absolutely we can talk about Poles missing. The facts, as they are today, Jenkins fell in the draft for a reason, has done nothing to show ANYONE (including fans) that those reasons for his draft tumble were untrue, and now the Bears staff (which include actual NFL talent evaluators and qualified members) are so put off by Jenkins that they won't even let him participate in training camp.

But you think he has talent, so Poles just "blew it again" before any football has been played under his tenure.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Believe me when I tell you, this man is not trolling. At least not intentionally. He absolutely loathes "trolls." The moment this all makes sense he ceases to troll you, and you'll see he actually routinely trolls his own self. It's gotten a lot worse over the years, this thing where he posts cartoon clowns trying to force a meme to go after @Anytime23 or this other thing where he spends literal days disliking dozens of posters in some sort of revenge tour.

He might just be really dumb. Or just a little crazy. Personally I think he is probably a great dude to have a few brews with and if a girl asks wtf r u doing just tell her it's for charity, you barely even know rhe guy.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
As much as I can dislike the media at times, I will defend them on this one. It wasn't the media making excuses. They noticed and asked Eberflus about it. Eberflus downplayed it at the time saying they were just trying out a bunch of different combinations and that it was just a part of that. So, they were simply repeating what he had said to them on that front.

Hell, at the time, it may have even been true for all we know - they really were just trying different combinations in OTAs. If I remember right, Eberflus had even commented on they just wanted the tackles to focus on being tackles, no plans to move anyone inside. Something obviously changed since the end of the minicamp and the start of training camp. Eberflus was now talking about flexibility on the line, having guys move inside and out to find the right combination. And then, Jenkins isn't showing up to practice.

So, obvious speculation: They asked Jenkins to compete at RG and he didn't like it. Maybe he is sick or hurt or whatever in addition to that. No idea. But, it could very well be that they wanted him to be flexible along the line and he didn't want to do that.
Seems to be the most rational explanation based on what is known. Also the specificity of the tweet in the OP suggests this is past the rumor stage and Jenkins is going away.

New regime has already dumped players and personnel who don't fit the culture they want to establish. I can do without the rah rah stuff. But trying to pattern themselves after successful franchises in a mainstream NFL kind of way is the right way to go. They can't make an exception for a bum with a "high ceiling" - that's what Pace and Nagy would have done.

It's an almost total rebuild. In December no one is going to be like "fuck Poles, when Dieter Eiselen went down we never would have skipped a beat if we had Jenkins on the bench. We could have been 7-9 instead of 6-10!"

I'm shocked teams have been calling about a trade, actually, instead of just waiting for him to be cut. But I guess offering a sixth or an underperforming player is low risk enough to kick the tires and see if there's any real potential there. I'd take a bag of footballs for him at this point.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
He's so full of shit. Imagine becoming a hater of a regime just because it's taking over for the loser you put all your faith behind. Just like the Trubisky truthers who couldnt wait to write off Fields. Awful awful fans. Biggest losers who dont deserve a good team to root for.
I'm not even currently a Poles hater, but more of a supporter. I critique a GM based off the available decisions in front of him and how they respond. Poles redeemed himself through the draft for me. Very good scout and BPA is the right philosophy. But he has also demonstrated some inexperience. It's just that you and others can't just move on from Pace or the past. Let it go dude..so what I supported him. You are always going to criticize no matter what so its always the same result with you..

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, its a loss, because we spent a 2nd round and 3rd round pick to draft him. And we don't even know his potential and we are potentially throwing it away.

The new regime isn't perfect. All because they may or may not like a player doesn't mean they are making the correct move.

If we keep him and he doesn't play and some rooks outplay him, its not necessarily a bad thing. It means we had some good late round additions. It means we possibly have found our young OL core. But to toss him aside so quickly isn't doing your due diligence. Its kind of like interviewing only 3 coaching candidates, all of whom or DCs, and hiring one of them, instead of looking at everyone available to make the right decision. Look, I'm hopeful of Poles, but there is a "smartest man in the room" element about him that seems to be showing itself.
As I read this I picture you hunched over your cracked Iphone 6 from the cardboard box under a bridge where you now live, because after you lost 70% of your life savings speculating on crypto you avoided "throwing away potential" and "did your due diligence" by buying back in with the remaining 30%.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
As I read this I picture you hunched over your cracked Iphone 6 from the cardboard box under a bridge where you now live, because after you lost 70% of your life savings speculating on crypto you avoided "throwing away potential" and "did your due diligence" by buying back in with the remaining 30%.
No, I'm a fairly educated investor. I keep a well balanced portfolio and always have an exit plan for all my positions. I don't invest more than I'm willing to lose.

But as with every position, one must evaluate the risk vs reward scenario. Moving off of a 1/2nd round talent before the seasons for a 5th round draft pick, is moderate risk with low reward outcome. I'd rather keep the talented player on a cheap rookie deal and hope he can blossom into his potential. He is already on our roster and our OLine already is underwhelming, so it is a low risk with high potential reward. These are the types of trading positions you want to take on.

Hence, if any other team decided to trade off a 2nd round OT draft pick from a year ago, I supposed a majority of bears fans would be interested in signing them. Even if it cost a 5th. So why not just keep our own guy, then?

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
1. When's the last time you complimented a move by the staff in real time? It doesn't happen. Because if you do compliment them and said player turns out not so great, you want to be first in line to complain about it and whine.

2. Goes with the first point. Compliment the Bears in real time. Compliment them that they made the best move available to them. Maybe the best move isn't an All-pro player, but you can't be great at everything. Its not possible. This isn't a video game.

3. If its so easy, then start making projections on what the Bears should do, but as I point out, you never do. NEVER. You just complain in hindsight.

4. Its not a lie. You never say what the Bears should do in real time. Even though I've called you out in the past for it. You still don't. Even as you respond to these posts you still don't. You don't make mock drafts. you don't say who the Bears should have hired. Or who they should have acquired in Free Agency. If you did, please share with us. But you don't. And you never have.

5. You continue to bring up Pace. I rarely mention him. But still, you evade my question of what would you do? What players did you want in the draft? What coach did you want? What help should have Poles given to Justin? Just answer the question...
I'm done explaining myself to you. You've decided to be willfully ignorant and ignore everything I've ever posted that didn't fall in line with this narrative you've made up about me. I've taken some of the most unpopular before the fact stances on this board in terms of players, coaches and GMs. I've given compliments where they're deserved which is few and far between.

Be a loser and cry about how i wasn't championing a GM 17 games below .500 with 1 winning season.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Seems to be the most rational explanation based on what is known. Also the specificity of the tweet in the OP suggests this is past the rumor stage and Jenkins is going away.

New regime has already dumped players and personnel who don't fit the culture they want to establish. I can do without the rah rah stuff. But trying to pattern themselves after successful franchises in a mainstream NFL kind of way is the right way to go. They can't make an exception for a bum with a "high ceiling" - that's what Pace and Nagy would have done.

It's an almost total rebuild. In December no one is going to be like "fuck Poles, when Dieter Eiselen went down we never would have skipped a beat if we had Jenkins on the bench. We could have been 7-9 instead of 6-10!"

I'm shocked teams have been calling about a trade, actually, instead of just waiting for him to be cut. But I guess offering a sixth or an underperforming player is low risk enough to kick the tires and see if there's any real potential there. I'd take a bag of footballs for him at this point.

First of all, this new regime has signed three players who have already been arrested and didn't do anything to publicly reprimand them. Instead they are handing things internally. Don't see why they can't handle a law abiding citizen who may need to change up their attitude.

Second, everyone will complain if Jenkins goes out, and still on his cheap rookie contract, is able to go out and start for another team.

Lastly, what I highlighted in bold is outright ridiculous.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

You remind me of one of the guys in 90 Day Fiance who complains that the smoking hot Brazilian they paid $100K to join them in Topeka doesn't say "thank you."

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
If he can get a decent pick for him it might be the best thing. Again, I don't know how bad it is. Is he refusing to play?
I would look for a 2nd year player for 2nd year player trade. Which team has a 1st or 2nd round player that has not lived up to expectations, preferably WR or 3 Tech?

You are not going to get value for the player. Might as well, roll the dice on a player coming back. Both players get a 2nd chance.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I'm done explaining myself to you. You've decided to be willfully ignorant and ignore everything I've ever posted that didn't fall in line with this narrative you've made up about me. I've taken some of the most unpopular before the fact stances on this board in terms of players, coaches and GMs. I've given compliments where they're deserved which is few and far between.

Be a loser and cry about how i wasn't championing a GM 17 games below .500 with 1 winning season.

You continue to say you take stances, yet you can't point any out. This isn't the first time I've asked you to and didn't get a response. Nor can anyone else respond for you. With as much as you post on this board you think it would be common knowledge what positions you openly have taken and which players you have gone to bat for. You don't. Point me towards your mock draft. Point me to your free agent wish list. Point me to something. Any of your thank bangers want to help you?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No, I'm a fairly educated investor. I keep a well balanced portfolio and always have an exit plan for all my positions. I don't invest more than I'm willing to lose.

But as with every position, one must evaluate the risk vs reward scenario. Moving off of a 1/2nd round talent before the seasons for a 5th round draft pick, is moderate risk with low reward outcome. I'd rather keep the talented player on a cheap rookie deal and hope he can blossom into his potential. He is already on our roster and our OLine already is underwhelming, so it is a low risk with high potential reward. These are the types of trading positions you want to take on.

Hence, if any other team decided to trade off a 2nd round OT draft pick from a year ago, I supposed a majority of bears fans would be interested in signing them. Even if it cost a 5th. So why not just keep our own guy, then?
Calm down Jim Cramer.