Rapoport - Wilks to be hired by AZ Cardinals

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Arizona Cardinals are poised to hire their next head coach following Bruce Arians' offseason retirement.

The Cards are expected to hire Panthers defensive coordinator Steve Wilks as the franchise's next head coach, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported.

Arizona conducted a second interview with Wilks over the weekend. No other second interviews are scheduled, per Garafolo.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ls-expected-to-hire-steve-wilks-as-head-coach

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Kind of surprised they didn't just promote Bettcher.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Vic Fangio would have been a better HC.... according to Vic Fangio

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Cardinals are a prime candidate for a draft trade up unless they sign a top free agent QB.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The Cardinals are a prime candidate for a draft trade up unless they sign a top free agent QB.

Cardinals, Washington, Bills all seem like they could benefit from a trade up. Free Agency will tell us a lot, we don't know what is going to happens to Kirk/Alex Smith/Keenum.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Wouldn't be surprised to see Kizer traded with the new management in CLE and their choice of QB.

I'd also think that at least one team in front of the Bears might wind up with a free agent. Cousins to Denver makes sense.

I think Minnesota is also an interesting destination for Cousins. They've got tons of cap space and all their QBs are FAs.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Uninspiring hire.

He's not a flashy hire, but from what I have heard he is certainly ready to handle the position. His success will be tied to the next QB and how well the OC can do his job. Defense will be very solid.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Wouldn't be surprised to see Kizer traded with the new management in CLE and their choice of QB.

I'd also think that at least one team in front of the Bears might wind up with a free agent. Cousins to Denver makes sense.

I think Minnesota is also an interesting destination for Cousins. They've got tons of cap space and all their QBs are FAs.

If i were cousins I would go to minn. That team is super bowl ready. I wouldn't pay keenum big bucks, but cousins I would.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Mike Shula the offensive coordinator?