Rate Ryan Poles Draft

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
C could have been an A but that third round pick was angelo level cringe. I really don’t care what happens from rounds 5-7 if anything materializes from that even a backup it’s just gravy.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Want to know why we went 2ndary when they were the top rated in 2?

My bro just sent me this:
BEARS went into last season with just one dependable corner in Jaylon Johnson and the results were predictable: They allowed the NFL’s highest passer rating, third-most completions of 20-plus yards and fourth-most touchdown passes.

Think about that in combination with our DL being decent.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Want to know why we went 2ndary when they were the top rated in 2?

My bro just sent me this:
BEARS went into last season with just one dependable corner in Jaylon Johnson and the results were predictable: They allowed the NFL’s highest passer rating, third-most completions of 20-plus yards and fourth-most touchdown passes.

Think about that in combination with our DL being decent.
And our oline allowed 60 sacks and qb averaged 160 yards a game ?‍♂️ Pretty much this team is jacked and they could have gone any which way but the talent that fell was defense so it made sense getting the best defenders

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
B. Higher or lower based on roi. At least the punter was picked last and not in the 5th. Pace probably would have traded up into the 4th and given up next years 2nd. What a fucktard

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It’s a solid D maybe D+. The mission was improve the offense. The only improvement was to the secondary? The KR was a luxury pick, no way is he a starting WR. The OL picks are all depth if they make the roster. This was a horrible draft and another wasted year of Fields’ rookie contract.

We are going to go into Fields 3rd year after this season with not knowing anything because he doesn’t have any “weapons/protection”.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
B. Didn't do much to help WRs. The first two picks were not where I'd go but those are two VERY good players. Hated the round three pick. Did well in the 5th-7th.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
62% on Twitter said "B" as well.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
B-

I wanted to go C+ but felt bad about getting into the C's.

Biggest issue is not giving J.Fields enough help but there's still things that will happen this offseason so i'm hoping for a couple good things to happen for this team.
Well he sure as hell aint no Ryry Pace. #amirite

Username

Liked Posts:
C-. At least Poles didn't trade up to get a punter, but other than that.... about what I expected from a 30-something rookie GM.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It’s a solid D maybe D+. The mission was improve the offense. The only improvement was to the secondary? The KR was a luxury pick, no way is he a starting WR. The OL picks are all depth if they make the roster. This was a horrible draft and another wasted year of Fields’ rookie contract.

We are going to go into Fields 3rd year after this season with not knowing anything because he doesn’t have any “weapons/protection”.

@Visionman why do you keep disliking my posts? I don’t think I am saying anything that’s not true. Why don’t you reply with what you disagree with?

LIBlue

Liked Posts:

The mission was to improve the team. Your mission was to focus only on one side of the ball, and ignore a horrible situation in the defensive back field. Per ESPN, the Bears added three defensive backs from the draft to a secondary that was overhauled this offseason after Chicago ranked 27th in opponents’ yards per attempt and 32nd in passer rating. You want Vildor as the #2 CB? Who is our strong safety? I do think Velus Jones is a boom or bust, but he is fast (second fastest 40 at the combine) and great with YAC. Fields needs threats for the short passing game. This team has more holes than a spaghetti strainer, and this is the first step.

LIBlue

Liked Posts:

The mission was to improve the team. Your mission was to focus only on one side of the ball, and ignore a horrible situation in the defensive back field. Per ESPN, the Bears added three defensive backs from the draft to a secondary that was overhauled this offseason after Chicago ranked 27th in opponents’ yards per attempt and 32nd in passer rating. You want Vildor as the #2 CB? Who is our strong safety? I do think Velus Jones is a boom or bust, but he is fast (second fastest 40 at the combine) and great with YAC. Fields needs threats for the short passing game. This team has more holes than a spaghetti strainer, and this is the first step.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
@Visionman why do you keep disliking my posts? I don’t think I am saying anything that’s not true. Why don’t you reply with what you disagree with?
He's a homer, which is odd because he's a couple years removed from being a Lions fan. He hates facts and is one of the dumbest posters on this board. Put him on ignore and you'd be better for it.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I'm usually a homer on draft stuff but I chose C because I didn't like taking a soon to be 25 year old rookie in the 3rd round. Felt like they could've gone for someone with more long-term upside in that spot. I also didn't love not taking a WR in the 2nd but I understand the rationale behind taking two players at positions of need that dropped further than you expected. I liked that they traded down and grabbed a bunch of offensive linemen prospects, hopefully at least 1 of them sticks.

Hopefully the Bears can get lucky and snag an UDFA or two that can unexpectedly contribute right away, that'd be nice. I still expect the Bears to suck in 2022 and 2023. Hopefully Quinn has a good start to the season and the Bears can flip him for a draft pick at the trade deadline.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
You gotta remember that Poles gets a mulligan from every R.Pace hater only because they hated Pace and would go into hiding if Poles ends up being a bust. Lets hope that doesn't happen but not a great start for him.
I mean, the odds are high for every new GM that's hired to be a bust. Every year, 4-8 head coaches get canned and often times, the GM goes with them. So if you're banking on the new GM of whatever team to be a bust, it's probably a good bet.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

This dude is 25 years old, and has been playing college ball 6 effing years, and is still a "project"?
One year of over 300 yds.
He will be 29 years old, coming off his rookie contract.
He was projected to go in the 5th round.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Ask in 2 years. If one of these late round OL picks clicks, I’ll be happy.

Signing Ogunjobi in FA to okay 3 tech makes it better