Rate the last movie you watched

Granada

Liked Posts:
Watched Ghostbusters today. It still stands up.

As does Blues Brothers. Just watched this after not seeing it in years -- I still don't know how they pulled off some these scenes. Like when Jake and Elwood are sleeping in Elwood's tiny apartment and Carrie Fisher blows up the building, and the room collapses when John Candy and the cops bust in -- one of my favorite scenes. And the mall scene of course, which looks dangerous as hell -- obviously it was an abandoned mall they staged, but there are still stunt people in those scenes with cars pretty much barreling toward them in those stores and through the halls of the mall.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As does Blues Brothers. Just watched this after not seeing it in years -- I still don't know how they pulled off some these scenes. Like when Jake and Elwood are sleeping in Elwood's tiny apartment and Carrie Fisher blows up the building, and the room collapses when John Candy and the cops bust in -- one of my favorite scenes. And the mall scene of course, which looks dangerous as hell -- obviously it was an abandoned mall they staged, but there are still stunt people in those scenes with cars pretty much barreling toward them in those stores and through the halls of the mall.
My favorite Chicago movie...shot all over the area, from Wauconda to Joliet to the Dixie Mall in Harvey and Wrigley Field. Glorious in its absurdity at some points, with jaw dropping musical talent on board. I never get tired of it, and have seen it north of 100X.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2020-11-15_00h01_15.png

My Rotten Tomatoes review: (a few spoilers, but you won't/shouldn't watch anyway)

I had such high yet cautiously optimistic hopes for B&T3 after 29 years of rumored scripts turned down. Yet even after drinking a few beforehand to cushion the possible letdown, this was one of the worst movies I've seen in years. Sorry.

MUSIC: I hoped for a third feel-good rockin' soundtrack. The first 2 films had great scores!! B&T3: NOT ONE song; new, or by any known solid rock band stood out. No opening score with sailing guitars, get-busy-improving montage, or catchy inspiring final credit tune. Nothing. Even the world/timeline existence saving song was very meh. At least it wasn't MTV rap trash. ?‍♂️

PLOT & CHARACTERS: The entire movie repeatedly hammered in the fact that contrary to the entire historical premise of B&T1&2, our heroes are now just underachieving selfish failures, and that's somehow okay & worth our adoration. They were their own antagonists this whole ride. No need for Charlie Harper's Mom to give lame powerless verbal jabs here n there from the future. Everyone just bounced around aimlessly from one fail to the next: B&T; their weird daughters; Rufus' daughter, who was neither funny nor a worthy protagonist; and the killer-then-good robot, which was so awkward. While some seem to think he was cute & funny, the "Comic Relief Robot" reminded me more of a sad, intellectually challenged Comicon transformers costume lovechild of the newer Pennywise the clown & Eeyore the donkey.

IN SUMMARY: I used the $10 Fandango credit I got from donating blood toward this $25 movie. It now feels as if I gave all my pints of O dislike, and for nothing. I hope Reeves & Winter enjoyed making it but I want to phone booth back in time to before this was written. Thanks again 2020.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

My Rotten Tomatoes review: (a few spoilers, but you won't/shouldn't watch anyway)

I had such high yet cautiously optimistic hopes for B&T3 after 29 years of rumored scripts turned down. Yet even after drinking a few beforehand to cushion the possible letdown, this was one of the worst movies I've seen in years. Sorry.

MUSIC: I hoped for a third feel-good rockin' soundtrack. The first 2 films had great scores!! B&T3: NOT ONE song; new, or by any known solid rock band stood out. No opening score with sailing guitars, get-busy-improving montage, or catchy inspiring final credit tune. Nothing. Even the world/timeline existence saving song was very meh. At least it wasn't MTV rap trash. ?‍♂️

PLOT & CHARACTERS: The entire movie repeatedly hammered in the fact that contrary to the entire historical premise of B&T1&2, our heroes are now just underachieving selfish failures, and that's somehow okay & worth our adoration. They were their own antagonists this whole ride. No need for Charlie Harper's Mom to give lame powerless verbal jabs here n there from the future. Everyone just bounced around aimlessly from one fail to the next: B&T; their weird daughters; Rufus' daughter, who was neither funny nor a worthy protagonist; and the killer-then-good robot, which was so awkward. While some seem to think he was cute & funny, the "Comic Relief Robot" reminded me more of a sad, intellectually challenged Comicon transformers costume lovechild of the newer Pennywise the clown & Eeyore the donkey.

IN SUMMARY: I used the $10 Fandango credit I got from donating blood toward this $25 movie. It now feels as if I gave all my pints of O dislike, and for nothing. I hope Reeves & Winter enjoyed making it but I want to phone booth back in time to before this was written. Thanks again 2020.
Bill & Ted 1&2 hold a special place in my heart and i was kind of conflicted on this one. There was so much i didn't like but at the end of the day, it's tough to come back to a franchise after this long with so much change in the world. It felt like they were making the movie we needed in 2020 but not the one fans of the franchise deserved. Hated how at the end of it all, the daughters were the chosen ones. I hated the lack of rock and roll as well. My first memory of listening to music was the B&T2 soundtrack on cassette when i was like 5 or something. But i at least got to see Bill and Ted again, which is something i never thought id see. I appreciate their attempt, even if it fell way short of what i wanted. There were some things that made me laugh and couple things(especially the Carlin cameo) that got me emotional. The biggest criticism i have of any movie is that despite how much i love those guys and that franchise, i have yet to feel the need to rewatch it and im someone who loves rewatching shit, especially movies after the first time seeing them.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
A Face in the Crowd with Andy Griffith is still an interesting watch, maybe a bit more so now.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Underwater

6/10
Basicly an underwater alien's remake
It was a good watch

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Got a free trial for Amazon Video if anyone is interested

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
maxresdefault.jpg

This movie is an amazing amount of fun if you enjoy unabashed violence. It's about some pirate streaming site that pits the most violent criminals against each in death matches recorded via drones for cash. Daniel Radcliff plays some dweeby programmer that get himself involuntarily signed up for the next death match.

Violent mayhem ensues.

10/10
cool i was wondering if this was good.

on a side note I just started watching Wayne on prime. It's a series, violent af, lots of LOL moments for me so far, and has "heart."

Took a break from that to watch "Truth Seekers" from Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. 10/10 FUN show.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Finally saw Peanut Butter Falcon. Not bad, but like many recent movies of the last decade+ at least, it cops out on the ending. I mean I get it, endings are the hardest part, but it's like every modern movie nowadays has a purposefully ambiguous ending, and it's up to the viewers to determine which ending they personally want to believe. It sort of reminded me of Birdman's ending. I guess I'm just sick of seeing that. But anyways, I wouldn't say it's a bad movie. Shia Labouef is a bit of a tool but the dude can act.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Watched The Highwaymen over the weekend. Not terrible. It was 2 hours but some good entertainment.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Watched Mank on Netflix yesterday.

Old time Hollywood, not glamorized at all. Gary Oldman gives a really good performance (water is wet) as the writer of Citizen Kane. Well done. Very well acted.

It's not the type of movie that is for everyone, but it is getting great reviews and I really thought it was well done.

Last edited:

Granada

Liked Posts:
Watched Godfather, Coda recently -- which was basically the same as Godfather 3. I haven't seen Godfather 3 in ages, so I really couldn't even tell a difference -- I guess the beginning and ending were slightly different. Coppola did something similar with Apocalypse Now.

I wish he could have somehow edited Sofia Coppola out of it, because her acting was just as bad as I remembered.