Rate the last movie you watched

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kinda glanced at the trailer way back when. What was your impression? Like what did you think it had to say about anything?

Have you seen any of Lars Von Trier's movies?

Not many of them are especially easy watches and House That Jack Built is really far from an easy watch. Not just violent, but unsettling violence. If you can handle that, it does a nice job of playing around with Dante's Divine Comedy . The movie is framed with a voiceover conversation between the title character and Virgil himself (who Jack calls "Verge"). Shoutout to Matt Dillion who does a great job of making me really afraid of Matt Dillion going forward.

As far as did it have to say anything about anything....there is a scene in which Jack yells out an open apartment window "In this hell of a world, nobody wants to help!" as the camera zooms out to no one paying even an ounce of attention to his cry.

Then he turns around and brutally murders someone.

I think that's the best you are going to get and if you find that and the rest of the post completely dissatisfying...Lars Von Trier probably isn't for you.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Kinda glanced at the trailer way back when. What was your impression? Like what did you think it had to say about anything?
What Vu said..

The movie does make you think, what is the house that I'm building? It holds many metaphors and messages.

I wouldn't consider it a top tier Von Trier movie. I think Dancer in the Dark and Breaking the Waves are much better, but to each his own.

Dillon really does a fantastic job in it. It's extremely violent. If you've seen his stuff and like them you'd definitely like it.

Come to think of it. Pace should watch this to reflect on the shit of a house he's built.

Last edited:

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Watched She's ALl That last night on POP Channel. Still a classic.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Have you seen any of Lars Von Trier's movies?

Not many of them are especially easy watches and House That Jack Built is really far from an easy watch. Not just violent, but unsettling violence. If you can handle that, it does a nice job of playing around with Dante's Divine Comedy . The movie is framed with a voiceover conversation between the title character and Virgil himself (who Jack calls "Verge"). Shoutout to Matt Dillion who does a great job of making me really afraid of Matt Dillion going forward.

As far as did it have to say anything about anything....there is a scene in which Jack yells out an open apartment window "In this hell of a world, nobody wants to help!" as the camera zooms out to no one paying even an ounce of attention to his cry.

Then he turns around and brutally murders someone.

I think that's the best you are going to get and if you find that and the rest of the post completely dissatisfying...Lars Von Trier probably isn't for you.
Well, Im familiar with Lars Von Trier in reading about his films, and seeing some of the imagery, shot direction, scenes... but no, I havent gotten around to seeing his films.

Good write up, especially the "In this hell of a world, nobody wants to help!"... that's what I was wondering about. I've been a mild fan of arthouse, and horror, but not interested in seeing nihilistic films... which I'm sure is not a full characterization of his films, but probably apt in my case.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gone Baby Gone

Casey Affleck
Michelle Monaghan (hot)
Ed Harris
Morgan Freeman

It didn't get many accolades, but I highly recommend it.

About a missing girl in the "southie" neighborhood of Boston.

Affleck and Monaghan are small time PI's who take the case.

Surprise ending, and great performances by everyone.

I give it 3 stars out of 4.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watched Wonder Woman 1984. It was hella long(2.5 hours) but it was alright. Pedro Pascal did a good job but I think Kristen Wiig was my favorite character in the movie. I was hoping we'd get more of a Diana story from her time on her island. They showed about 10 minutes of the island stuff at the beginning and that was it.

Also watched Sylvie's Love on Amazon Prime. It's a pretty straightforward story about a woman who falls in love with a guy whilst engaged to another. Overall it was an ok movie. I was just impressed with Nnamdi's acting skills. I didn't realize that after football, the man had been acting. He's pretty good. His wife is also an actress, so maybe she gave him a couple of tips.

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
My Wonder Woman review

gal gadot 10/10 smoke

the movie 3/10 couldn’t wait for it to finish lol

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My Wonder Woman review

gal gadot 10/10 smoke

the movie 3/10 couldn’t wait for it to finish lol
Honestly, after thinking about it, that whole "I Wish" thing was hella annoying. 2 hours of that shit was whack. I think the first 15 minutes were probably my favorite part of the movie. They should do a whole movie of just the island stuff.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Tenet - Idk what the fuck I just watched. I have no idea wtf was happening. I will have to watch it again. Maybe it was because I ate a big ass meal before watching it
Rented or is it available to stream?

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rented or is it available to stream?
Wife bought it on Prime. I think it was $20. After watching a YouTube explanation of what happens in the movie, and rewatching the movie with a lot of caffeine, it's a pretty good movie. I mean, the science is pretty inconsistent, but if you ignore all that and try not to focus on it, it's an enjoyable movie to watch.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Man if it’s like that I will wait until I have time to watch it multiple times or wait for it to hit a streaming service.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gone Baby Gone

Casey Affleck
Michelle Monaghan (hot)
Ed Harris
Morgan Freeman

It didn't get many accolades, but I highly recommend it.

About a missing girl in the "southie" neighborhood of Boston.

Affleck and Monaghan are small time PI's who take the case.

Surprise ending, and great performances by everyone.

I give it 3 stars out of 4.
Agree. Much better movie than I expected.

Also agree Michelle Monaghan is hot...this is the third solid movie that I've seen her in (Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang and Source Code)

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Into They Labyrinth is a good flick.