Rate the last movie you watched

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I haven't seen that one, but the original may be my favorite sci-fi film. I know a lot of people prefer Stalker for his work, but I love Solaris.

And speaking of Tarkovsky, Mirror is getting a Criterion release in July. I've only seen it once, but I remember it having really fantastic imagery.

Here's the trailer for it:
Solaris (1973) has been on my To See list forever. I started Solaris more than once, but circumstances didn't work out. Obviously, Solaris has three very big impediments for the average American viewer: 2h45m runtime, subtitles and a slow pace.

I look forward to seeing Stalker and Mirror at some point down the line.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Solaris (1973) has been on my To See list forever. I started Solaris more than once, but circumstances didn't work out. Obviously, Solaris has three very big impediments for the average American viewer: 2h45m runtime, subtitles and a slow pace.

I look forward to seeing Stalker and Mirror at some point down the line.
Oh for sure. I lent my copy to an old co-worker and told him about the pace. Honestly you have to invest in it. It takes a long time to get going, but it's quite rewarding if you stick with it.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Finally got around to Bronson, it was okay. I thought Hardy was good. Im not some hifi audio nut, so I dont have the proper set up to adjust. The high treble/gains and thick accents made some words undistinguishable. Maybe Ill watch Legend next

Granada

Liked Posts:
My Octopus Teacher on Netflix. One of the best documentaries I've ever seen. Fascinating and mesmerizing.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
My Octopus Teacher on Netflix. One of the best documentaries I've ever seen. Fascinating and mesmerizing.
My son told me his friend raved about it, and then we saw it won an Oscar. We plan to watch it soon.

Granada

Liked Posts:
My son told me his friend raved about it, and then we saw it won an Oscar. We plan to watch it soon.
Bonus: it's only 86 minutes long. If you like anything like Planet Earth, etc., you should love this.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Avengement on Netflix is a fun movie good one time watch

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Shot Caller was an entertaining ride. Sure, I could probably pick at some story line things but overall it was good .

Last edited:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I should have said same writer. He also did Hell or High Water if you liked that. I was meh on it

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Shot Caller was an entertaining ride. Sure, I could probably pick at some story line things but overall it was good .

Just watching the trailer... why would this guy go to prison for years just because he accidently ran a red light, got T'd by another car and one of his passengers died?

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Just watching the trailer... why would this guy go to prison for years just because he accidently ran a red light, got T'd by another car and one of his passengers died?

Yeah he was intoxicated, got in a crash and someone died. His Initial sentencing was light. I question the first prison he was sent to, but they had to make it fit the narrative i suppose. The movie still kept my attention

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I saw Hitmans Wifes Bodyguard on Thursday. I was a fan of the first one. I thought it was a pleasant surprise. This sequel was trash. I found myself not being able to wait until it was over. The plot is such a mess.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Had a chance to catch I,Tanya last night,I like anything with Margo Robbie but I enjoyed the movie quite a bit. What a bunch of boobs involved in the attack and what an upbringing Tanya had in real life.

This was a lot funnier 17 years ago but so was I....

What's the Nancy Kerrigan special at KFC.......two small breasts and a battered leg.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Tomorrow war was ok one time watch. If I had to pay to see it in the theatre I prob would have been pissed I spent my money on it lol

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I thought it was dumb as fuck, but really enjoyed Kill List after