Rate the last movie you watched

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Onibaba was the last movie I watched. Trying to get in a few more horror films for the month. It was pretty damn great.
It's on my list. Subtitled films are always a little tougher to pull the trigger on, mostly because you can't eat and watch a suby at the same time. ?

Squid Game series
8/10
Pretty compelling with an effective quick pace. Not exactly high art, but reasonable social commentary.

13 Ghosts (1960)
6/10
Much worse than I was expecting. Some cool visuals and fun at the beginning, but the lack of characterization, scares, suspense and progress in story made it a tedious finish.

Legend of Hell House
7/10
Excellent and riveting opening, some cool sequences and effective inventive camera shots (noticed Evil Dead 2 and other films borrowed a lot). However, considering the bold premise the ending really lacked punch, inventiveness and courage.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's on my list. Subtitled films are always a little tougher to pull the trigger on, mostly because you can't eat and watch a suby at the same time. ?

Squid Game series
8/10
Pretty compelling with an effective quick pace. Not exactly high art, but reasonable social commentary.

13 Ghosts (1960)
6/10
Much worse than I was expecting. Some cool visuals and fun at the beginning, but the lack of characterization, scares, suspense and progress in story made it a tedious finish.

Legend of Hell House
7/10
Excellent and riveting opening, some cool sequences and effective inventive camera shots (noticed Evil Dead 2 and other films borrowed a lot). However, considering the bold premise the ending really lacked punch, inventiveness and courage.
I guess I'm weird. I actually like watching everything with subtitles. I feel like it's easier for me to absorb things that way.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Red notice on Netflix was a fun watch. Probably one of the better Netflix movies

Shang chi was alright it was basically the Chinese version of black panther. Not much creativity they followed pretty much the black panther script

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I guess I'm weird. I actually like watching everything with subtitles. I feel like it's easier for me to absorb things that way.
I used to watching everything with CC (Closed Captioning), but gave it up, eventually considering it distracting from the visuals, and found myself catching spoken words better than in the past. Maybe watching with both for a few years helped.

Watching an English language film with added English subtitles is different than watching a foreign language film with English subtitles. With the later you cant miss reading a word.

Last edited:

Granada

Liked Posts:
Terminator: Dark Fate. In the first 10 minutes I thought, hmm might have promise. I was wrong. Just another soft-reboot disguised as a direct sequel.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tomorrow war on Amazon prime was a good watch I give it a 7/10 as it was a bit predictable

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Has anyone seen "House of Gucci" ?
If so.... is it worth seeing

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Ma Rainey's Black Bottom

IDk what to rate this. Maybe a Meh. Acting was decent, just wish there was more to it. Definately a play turned movie. If I had known it was a play turned movie, maybe I would have been more satisfied.

Last edited:

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
"Breaker Morant" Third time I've watched it. A 1980 Australian movie based on a historical Court Marshall of 3 Aussie soldiers during The First Boar War. The whole thing is a set-up for political reasons. This is not a "spoiler alert" because one knows early in the movie the Court Marshall is a set-up. I believe it won the Oscar for Best Foreign Film. Starring the original "Equalizer" Edward Woodward. If you like Trial movies, especially with a historical background, then I recommend this movie. Based on the book "Scapegoats of The Empire."

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Sorry I’m giving Spider-Man 6/10. It was cool seeing all the past characters in one movie. But the story was too weak for me

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry I’m giving Spider-Man 6/10. It was cool seeing all the past characters in one movie. But the story was too weak for me
you didn't like that the story pretty much reset Spiderman? They pretty much reset it to be like the original Spidermans without the fancy suits. He was known as Iron Man Jr by some people and now he gets to be regular Spiderman again

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
you didn't like that the story pretty much reset Spiderman? They pretty much reset it to be like the original Spidermans without the fancy suits. He was known as Iron Man Jr by some people and now he gets to be regular Spiderman again
one it shouldn’t take 2.5 hours for a reset. Two I didn’t expect a reset I expected a clear intro to marvel next phase three there should have been a kang the conquer sighting since this was the start of the multiverse. If you saw Loki show it’s pointing to kang being the next main villain. They should at least throw him in the credit scenes. Instead they do a movie preview for dr strange lol