Rate the last movie you watched

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not even 3 minutes into Don't Look Up and I wanna turn it off.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You didn't like irony?
Well I didn't watch it. Jennifer Lawrence's terrible caricature of a misfit scientist was enough for me to dismiss it. That and the people I know who I respect their opinion on film disliked it and those who liked it tend to suffer from I'm the smartest person in the room syndrome. Perhaps I'll give it an actual shot.

Also, isn't it just a rip off of Idiocracy?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Well I didn't watch it. Jennifer Lawrence's terrible caricature of a misfit scientist was enough for me to dismiss it. That and the people I know who I respect their opinion on film disliked it and those who liked it tend to suffer from I'm the smartest person in the room syndrome. Perhaps I'll give it an actual shot.

Also, isn't it just a rip off of Idiocracy?
Yes, it's a more political spin on Idiocracy. Idiocracy had a really great premise, but it kinda just became slapstick comedy.

The movie is not meant to scientific or factual at all, it's more of an exaggerated state if affairs. Lots of hyperbole but it's obviously so. While it is a little outrageous, it does kinda leave you thinking, "how exaggerated is it exactly...?"

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I liked it lol. Rock going on coke binges was great

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
White Elephant

Now streaming on AMC+ while also apparently getting a theatrical release. A truly, truly awful movie that may end up being the last screen role for the great Bruce Willis.

Was kind of heartbreaking to watch in that context too. His movements were very stiff and very limited. Lines that were obviously dubbed in by another voice actor in post production. Not how you want to remember John McClain.

John Malkovich is in it for like six minutes too!

A cliche first act that leads into a dumb second act that leads into a supremely stupid third act. I had some fun ripping on it though.

2/10

Granada

Liked Posts:
Didn't know where else to post this, but I Guess Joker 2 with Joaquin Phoenix is happening. I really enjoyed the first one, but not sure about a sequel. I think it works much better as a standalone movie, but you know, film companies just have to milk everything and it will no doubt haul a massive box-office profit.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Just watched Hustle on Netflix. Best sports movie I've seen in a while. I'd give it an 8/10.

Liked Posts:
"Nobody" = 9

"The Northman" = 9.5

"Fatman" = Not just a 10 but a FUCKING 10