Rate the last movie you watched

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right now I'm trying to watch Le Corbeau, but archive.org is being a huge piece of shit and buffering for like 20 seconds every 3 seconds. So now I'm torrenting it on my phone, because I'm a dumb ass that bought a giant fucking paper weight of a chromebook that can't even do that. Yeah I've spent the last hour trying to watch it so a wee tiny little bit annoyed.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Uncharted was alright for a one time watch. Nothing epic like it should have been. Should have been on par with og Indiana Jones but modern Hollywood a bunch of shit bags

About to watch the new predator where a little 18 year old Native American female is going to go to town on a predator in a way special forces couldn’t

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Uncharted was alright for a one time watch. Nothing epic like it should have been. Should have been on par with og Indiana Jones but modern Hollywood a bunch of shit bags
Never heard of Uncharted. Have to look it up.

About to watch the new predator where a little 18 year old Native American female is going to go to town on a predator in a way special forces couldn’t
Sounds reasonable. lol But then again the best weapon is the mind. She knows the environment, if she's really smart it's doable.

Watched two classics: Fail-Safe (1964) and Sven Days in May (1964).
Two excellent political thrillers. I had no idea what either one was about. So glad I didn't. I like being surprised, which doesn't happen often regarding films. I never watch a trailer or read a description if I can help it.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Just watched Uncharted. Heard bad things but it was fun. If you've played the games the casting is off. Tom Holland as Nathan Drake is absurd. Marky Mark did a passable Sully. So it was like Sully and some kid search for treasure. Antonio Banderas played a good villain. The end action set piece was fun.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Just watched the Netflix show Sandman. Very fucking good adaptation of the graphic novels. Very high production quality for a fantasy type show that you sometimes don't see.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rewatched Natural Born Killers. Whoa... Was this fucking garbage. Granny Snuff would kick Oliver Stones ass. At least he made Platoon.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Long time Stephen King fan.
Always loved the novella The Mist.
Never saw the movie until last night.
Fuckin' loved it!
Rawr!

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Long time Stephen King fan.
Always loved the novella The Mist.
Never saw the movie until last night.
Fuckin' loved it!
Rawr!

Been a very long time since I've seen it (15 years), but I remember liking it, and seem to remember the moment-by-moment events weren't obvious. What took you so long to see it? Don't watch movies a lot? Or you avoid the Stephen King films?

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watching Scarface for the very first time...

Granada

Liked Posts:
Last Night in Soho:
Lead actor was good, movie wasn't anything special at all. It was one of those movies that had music (bought songs, not an original piece for the film) in every other scene, which usually drives me fucking nuts, which it did here. As with the music, the movie just tried way too hard to be artsy and ended up being annoying and way too long. Would not watch again.

Licorice Pizza:
Upon completing the movie, I had no clue why the fuck this was the title until someone told me it was based off of a record store that the director frequented in childhood. Okay, but the movie itself has absolutely nothing to do with a record store, or music. so there's that. Phillip Seymour Hoffman's son is the 2nd lead and I believe it's his first movie. He's fine. My first impression of it is meh, but this might be a movie I could appreciate more if I watched it again -- that's the best description of it. But based on my first impression: a very poor-man's Rushmore that's waaayyy too long for a fairly generic love-story. Seems a bit more re-watchable especially compared to Last Night in Soho.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Last Night in Soho:
Lead actor was good, movie wasn't anything special at all. It was one of those movies that had music (bought songs, not an original piece for the film) in every other scene, which usually drives me fucking nuts, which it did here. As with the music, the movie just tried way too hard to be artsy and ended up being annoying and way too long. Would not watch again.

Licorice Pizza:
Upon completing the movie, I had no clue why the fuck this was the title until someone told me it was based off of a record store that the director frequented in childhood. Okay, but the movie itself has absolutely nothing to do with a record store, or music. so there's that. Phillip Seymour Hoffman's son is the 2nd lead and I believe it's his first movie. He's fine. My first impression of it is meh, but this might be a movie I could appreciate more if I watched it again -- that's the best description of it. But based on my first impression: a very poor-man's Rushmore that's waaayyy too long for a fairly generic love-story. Seems a bit more re-watchable especially compared to Last Night in Soho.
can't disagree although I though Last Night in Soho had potential and just shat the bed

Granada

Liked Posts:
can't disagree although I though Last Night in Soho had potential and just shat the bed
Yeah that's fair. It was more memorable than Licorice Pizza, I'll give it that. I feel like both were extremely overrated, especially Licorice Pizza.

I suppose I just dislike movies where the story isn't the focal point. Licorice Pizza is more about the minutiae of a story and capturing the time (70's); the grand story and theme take a back seat. It reminded me of Once Upon a Time in Hollywood in that respect, but it fails because the characters themselves (Hoffman's son and what's her name) can't pull it off like Pitt and Dicaprio (or Tarantino compared to Anderson) could.