Rate the last movie you watched

Granada

Liked Posts:
Honey Boy is pretty damn good. Say what you want about Shia LeBouf, but the dude can frigging act. The whole cast is pretty amazing actually, including the prick-kid from Moonrise Kingdom.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I saw Clerks 3 last night. Loved it.
If you are in to Kevin Smith and have a good memory of his other work (callback purposes) it is a really good flick.
Without the callback knowledge it would be worthless to see.

I had to explain to my lady why the operating room scene was funny.
Randall under sedation talking star wars (as he is wont to do) to the doctor, explaining The Mandelorian.
...his doctor is played by the woman who played the mechanic on tattoine in the series.

Surprisingly good and it felt like a fitting closing of the Kevin Smith new jersey world.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm three hours into Once Upon a Time in America, one more to go.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Belfast was an excellent film about a young kid in a Protestant family growing up in Northern Ireland during the violence happening in Northern Ireland in the late 70's. It a great story and has some great humor in it as well as some good rock and roll music thrown in as well as some poignant scenes about what the family had to deal with during the riots.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Belfast was an excellent film about a young kid in a Protestant family growing up in Northern Ireland during the violence happening in Northern Ireland in the late 70's. It a great story and has some great humor in it as well as some good explicit homosexual scenes with dick sucking and anal play. Even a chocolate cream pie scene!

Must have been a director's cut?

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Belfast was an excellent film about a young kid in a Protestant family growing up in Northern Ireland during the violence happening in Northern Ireland in the late 70's. It a great story and has some great humor in it as well as some good rock and roll music thrown in as well as some poignant scenes about what the family had to deal with during the riots.
It was a trite, crap film. Way overrated.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone been doing horror films for Halloween? Surprisingly I've never seen Herzog's Nosferatu and I'm watching it on peacock now. Terrible dub. Bruno Ganz's voice actor sounds like Tommy Wiseau.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Herzog’e nosferatu with original dub is amazing.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Anyone been doing horror films for Halloween? Surprisingly I've never seen Herzog's Nosferatu and I'm watching it on peacock now. Terrible dub. Bruno Ganz's voice actor sounds like Tommy Wiseau.
So what'd ya think of it?

Im sure I'll try to catch something new. It took me awhile to see Nosferatu the Vampyre. Really liked it.

Fuck it I'm watching Solaris again.
Loved Solaris. Doesn't have the same impact with a second viewing for me.

Herzog’e nosferatu with original dub is amazing.
I can't remember if I saw a dub or subtitle. Been a while.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I saw the new Halloween movie. I've never been more confused as to whether or not I sorta-liked a movie or not, lol. I'll say it was better than the last one, which was absolute garbage. I applaud the writers for trying to take it in a "newer" direction, but overall, it was pretty dumb.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but I feel like the kid who is the new Michael Meyers, who stabbed himself in the neck at the end and supposedly killed himself -- he's probably not dead and he will indeed be the new Michael Meyers for future installments. After all, when they shredded the original Michael Meyers' body, they conveniently didn't throw the mask in the grinder (if my memory serves).

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So what'd ya think of it?

Im sure I'll try to catch something new. It took me awhile to see Nosferatu the Vampyre. Really liked it.

Loved Solaris. Doesn't have the same impact with a second viewing for me.

I can't remember if I saw a dub or subtitle. Been a while.
Kinda just meh. Really? I feel like it gets better each time I watch it.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I saw the new Halloween movie. I've never been more confused as to whether or not I sorta-liked a movie or not, lol. I'll say it was better than the last one, which was absolute garbage. I applaud the writers for trying to take it in a "newer" direction, but overall, it was pretty dumb.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but I feel like the kid who is the new Michael Meyers, who stabbed himself in the neck at the end and supposedly killed himself -- he's probably not dead and he will indeed be the new Michael Meyers for future installments. After all, when they shredded the original Michael Meyers' body, they conveniently didn't throw the mask in the grinder (if my memory serves).
Well let me preface this by saying the last movie prior to watching the new one was Rob Zombies' remake. So I think the new one deserves an Oscar.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Kinda just meh. Really? I feel like it gets better each time I watch it.
just to be clear, by original dub, I meant subtitled, so, I guess, undubbed. I don't know how anyone can watch anything dubbed.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
just to be clear, by original dub, I meant subtitled, so, I guess, undubbed. I don't know how anyone can watch anything dubbed.
Yeah, totally with you on that. I dunno, best thing is Popol Vuh?