Rate the last movie you watched

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Cassavetes fans? Favorites? Best place to start?

I am a fan of Gena Rowlands in Cassavetes films more than I am a fan of his films in general, so I would say Opening Night, and A Woman Under The Influence.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cheers sir! I'm not very familiar with him, but people are always dropping his name and praising his films so I figured I should at least see what the fuss is about. A friend of mine recommended The Killing of a Chinese Bookie.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Second try of Don't Torture a Duckling. Made it further this time, but still got like 30 minutes. I just keep falling asleep.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rewatched My Life as a Dog. A very sweet film. Rewatching Au Revoir les Enfants now, but the girlfriend fell asleep on the couch. So here I am posting, while drinking a beer.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
7/10

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Oppenheimer

8/10

Is it perfect? No. Is it long, and could it have been shorter? Yes.

But it is very well made, and the performances are terrific. Several actors/actresses give performances as good or better than any they’ve given previously and that includes very good ones in their past.

Cillian Murphy and Robert Downey Jr. will undoubtedly be grabbing Academy Award nominations and Emily Blunt, Matt Damon and even Jason Clarke could also.

Saw it at an Imax theater and was glad there was a theater-worthy movie to see.

Not to pick on marvel, but it was nice to see something outside of that universe still being made.

Best picture and best director noms are almost certain as well.

There are plenty of people who felt it could have been shorter, and it is probably not for everybody, but it was a three hour movie that did not feel too long to me at all. I thought the subject was interesting and well done. I cannot speak to how much poetic license they took. I don’t think it got too preachy overall just well-made.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Saw it again.

Make that score a 9. Or better.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Saw it again.

Make that score a 9. Or better.

6.5/10

I’m pretty sure it’s one of those movies that you have to watch two or three times to appreciate. So I’ll probably give it another shot. Another viewing would probably give it an extra half or whole point.

Too long and the score never stops. Felt like a 3 hour long trailer or montage. I know that has sort of become Nolan’s thing. Feels too much like a smoke and mirrors ploy he uses to cover up deficiencies. (Average dialogue) It was too much for me. I needed a break that never came.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
6.5/10

I’m pretty sure it’s one of those movies that you have to watch two or three times to appreciate. So I’ll probably give it another shot. Another viewing would probably give it an extra half or whole point.

Too long and the score never stops. Felt like a 3 hour long trailer or montage. I know that has sort of become Nolan’s thing. Feels too much like a smoke and mirrors ploy he uses to cover up deficiencies. (Average dialogue) It was too much for me. I needed a break that never came.
“I need a break that never came” seems to align with “it was interesting throughout “.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oppen-5/10. Read up on it beforehand to appreciate the nuance better. Boring for the most part. I don't think I like Nolans style. Sue me.

Barbie-5/10-had a couple funny moments like when Ken sees the real world. His chest puffing was quite funny as well as the hand job jokes in the beginning. Wife and I were the only ones laughing at that in a theater full of Moms and teenage daughters. Was it overtly political? Only if you're a tiny dicked loser looking for a fight.

Knock at the cabin-2/10. Ugh. So boring.

Mario-8/10-fantastic and nostalgic. Can't wait for part two.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Oppen-5/10. Read up on it beforehand to appreciate the nuance better. Boring for the most part. I don't think I like Nolans style. Sue me.

Barbie-5/10-had a couple funny moments like when Ken sees the real world. His chest puffing was quite funny as well as the hand job jokes in the beginning. Wife and I were the only ones laughing at that in a theater full of Moms and teenage daughters. Was it overtly political? Only if you're a tiny dicked loser looking for a fight.

Knock at the cabin-2/10. Ugh. So boring.

Mario-8/10-fantastic and nostalgic. Can't wait for part two.
I'm not enamored with Nolan either. His preoccupation with time is interesting, but it mostly stops there for me.

Knock at the Cabin was terrible. I agree.

Reactions: DC

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trying Tokyo Story again. Never mind girlfriend wouldn't shut up

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Just saw "Talk to Me".

Great movie. Horror movie that's a bit scary but is actually just a great movie and very well done.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rewatched Stalker and I'm now convinced it needs an American remake with Woody Harrelson playing the stalker directed by Tommy Wiseau. I think we need to start a petition for this to happen.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Just saw The Equalizer 3. My review.......2 words...... SEE IT (y)

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
12 Mighty Orphans.. its a movie..