Rate the last movie you watched

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
If you go into Rambo just for a good time and don’t want to knit pick stuff, I think it’s enjoyable. Pretty much same thing as the Fast and Furious movies. Not good movies, but if you turn your brain off and just go in for a good time I think you’ll be satisfied.

I thought Rambo was a good action flick. Gory as hell. But it doesn't feel like a Rambo film. He didn't look, talk, or act like Rambo. 7.5/10 for me.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Firstly what I’ll say about Joker is, don’t go into it comparing it to Heath Ledger’s Joker. Right as we walked out the theater I heard a guy raging saying Heath was way better, Heath this, Heath that. Two totally different incarnations of Joker.

I really enjoyed the movie. Joaquin was great, like he always is. This movie won’t be for everyone and I know that it’s going to be divisive. It’s a slow burn, so if you’re looking for something faster paced, this isn’t it. It’s a great character study.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Firstly what I’ll say about Joker is, don’t go into it comparing it to Heath Ledger’s Joker. Right as we walked out the theater I heard a guy raging saying Heath was way better, Heath this, Heath that. Two totally different incarnations of Joker.

I really enjoyed the movie. Joaquin was great, like he always is. This movie won’t be for everyone and I know that it’s going to be divisive. It’s a slow burn, so if you’re looking for something faster paced, this isn’t it. It’s a great character study.
Going to see it tomorrow, I'm excited

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Hope you like it. It's not like any comic book movie. I'm glad Warner Bros had the balls to make a movie like this.

I'd say right now, at least for me, Joaquin Phoenix should be the front runner for lead actor at the oscars.
Joaquin Phoenix actually walked into the theater after the movie, got a picture with him. Very lucky, nice guy. SPOILERS AHEAD, SCROLL BY IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT

As for the movie itself, I'm not sure what to think of it. The Joker's logic in this is different than the Joker's logic in the Dark Knight, and I feel like he contradicted himself on the show part with Murray.

BUT

The movie was really well done, and Joaquin Phoenix was incredible. He was amazing in it, and I think in SOME WAYS, it captures the experience of a mentally ill person really well.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This Joker is based on a different origin story in the comics than Heath Ledger's.

The movie was well done and Phoenix truly owned the role but on this current environment I get why it is criticized as potentially inspiring some lonely incel type to murder. This version of the Joker is pretty much the poster child for white Male alienation triggering violence.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
This Joker is based on a different origin story in the comics than Heath Ledger's.

The movie was well done and Phoenix truly owned the role but on this current environment I get why it is criticized as potentially inspiring some lonely incel type to murder. This version of the Joker is pretty much the poster child for white Male alienation triggering violence.
You're right on the first line.

Agree on all fronts, it did feel to me like that type of violence was glorified in the movie, made me a bit uncomfortable if I'm honest.

But also, the Joker was used as a symbol by the city, people thought he did the subway murders to lash out at the rich, but he really killed people because they were "awful." He wasn't doing it for a political cause, he said as much.

Ultimately I think the movie tries to PORTRAY something and not support it. I think its real message is "be careful what and or who you turn into a symbol."

But the fact is that it's easy to see someone being attracted to and seeing themselves in the Joker character.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
All u guys make good points about Joker. They're gonna nominate Phoenix best actor. My score 8.7 / 10. More later on the social ramifications.

I can see where someone might use the movie as template for negative physical actions towards others. Is it right...absolutely not.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You're right on the first line.

Agree on all fronts, it did feel to me like that type of violence was glorified in the movie, made me a bit uncomfortable if I'm honest.

But also, the Joker was used as a symbol by the city, people thought he did the subway murders to lash out at the rich, but he really killed people because they were "awful." He wasn't doing it for a political cause, he said as much.

Ultimately I think the movie tries to PORTRAY something and not support it. I think its real message is "be careful what and or who you turn into a symbol."

But the fact is that it's easy to see someone being attracted to and seeing themselves in the Joker character.

".....Didn't joker make believe he was having a relation with that woman?"

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
One of my brothers loved the movie

The other brother thought it was one of the worst movies he has seen

I have yet to see it not sure if I’m going to bother. If I make it to a movie I want to see Rambo

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Saw Joker last night...thought it was pretty darn good. I liked their take on it

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
'Joker' makes $93.5M, breaks record

Updated 5 hours ago

It made headlines before it opened, and now “Joker,” the Todd Phillips film based on Batman’s villain, is making headlines for having the most lucrative October release ever — raking in $93.5 million in its first weekend showing across the U.S. The film, starring Joaquin Phoenix, also had the biggest first day opening in October nationwide, bringing home $39 million worth of ticket sales. Internationally, the film grossed $140.5 million during its first weekend, meaning it made $234 million in total by Sunday, said Warner Bros. The previous record holder was “Venom,” which brought in $80.2 million in its first October weekend.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ridiculous sums of money for ephemeral entertainment.

Priorities.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Did not like Ad Astra at all. It was boring as fuck. Hearing the voice inside Brad Pitts head all movie didn’t work IMO. Then somewhere around the half way point, when answering a distress call, you find out this ship crew was killed by mutated monkeys. I was done after that.