Rate the last movie you watched

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh boy another overdone superhero movie.... Is anyone else getting tired of these?

I am not really into most of these MCU movies, but love their reboot of Spider Man. They finally nailed the casting of Peter Parker and the effects of him web slingling across NYC are virtually flawless and tons of fun on the big screen.

The scripts have been great too.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Oh boy another overdone superhero movie.... Is anyone else getting tired of these?
Yeah. I think all the Marvel movies are boring, and now this "parallel universe" stuff where there's like 4 different Batmans in the upcoming Flash movie, it's just stupid. It's just so damn lazy, from a writing perspective, especially in the Spiderman trailer. "Oh, let's bring back all the old Spiderman villains!" Why?

Although I will say that the new Batman with Robert Pattinson does look interesting, even though they've redone Batman 400 times already.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I wouldn’t go see it for myself but with my nephews he’ll yeah I would. Better than paw patrol crap lol. All the new marvel stuff looks like woke bologna instead of solid entertainment but for them I would go see it. As far as this Spider-Man preview it looks really promising

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Most of them, yes. But Spider-Man holds a special place in my heart.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I’m watching this movie on Shudder called Cheap Thrills. It has Todd Packer from “The Office” in it. I’ve been cracking up so far.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Just watched Without Remorse from amazon. 3 out 5. Pretty good action, very cliche. Michael B. Jordon hams it up a little but still good. Spoiler alert: Clearly setup sequels.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Mid-90's by Jonah Hill. It's blah, if not bad. Uncomfortable to watch at times because the main character is like 12 years old in real life and they put him in some pretty "adult" situations with actors who look like they're in their 20's in real life, but are supposed to be playing high school kids. Doesn't really have an ending, which makes you question why you watched it in the first place.

Also saw I, Tanya for the first time -- great movie, really reminded me of Goodfellas in the way it was edited and the pacing of it.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mid-90's by Jonah Hill. It's blah, if not bad. Uncomfortable to watch at times because the main character is like 12 years old in real life and they put him in some pretty "adult" situations with actors who look like they're in their 20's in real life, but are supposed to be playing high school kids. Doesn't really have an ending, which makes you question why you watched it in the first place.

Also saw I, Tanya for the first time -- great movie, really reminded me of Goodfellas in the way it was edited and the pacing of it.
I thought Margo Robbie did a great job as Tanya.....she's a lot hotter too!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Oh boy…..

Sorpranos fans are going to try really hard to convince themselves that Many Saints was good. What an absolute pointless turd of a movie.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I never intended to see either of these movies, but I had a free preview of HBO the other weekend, so I watched the following: the new Mortal Kombat and the King of Staten Island. Mortal Kombat was what I thought it would be, although I wouldn't call it "shit," I'd call it "dumb" and pointless.

King of Staten Island -- I never liked Pete Davidson, and still don't really, but he isn't as annoying as I thought he'd be before watching this movie. Had a couple funny parts but was surprised it was more of a drama than anything. Great supporting cast with Steve Buscemi, Bill Burr, and Marisa Tomei. Buscemi is a bit squandered in this movie; Burr plays a great d-bag; Tomei is solid. Overall though, not a good movie and quite forgettable. I literally almost forgot I saw it before writing this.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Oh boy…..

Sorpranos fans are going to try really hard to convince themselves that Many Saints was good. What an absolute pointless turd of a movie.
We call that "the Irishman" syndrome.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Have you been in movie theater lately? I went for the first time(in a yr) 2 weeks ago
Black widow was my first one felt good even though the movie sucked

I was going to see many saints of Newark but decided to just steam it

my next movie will be dune. If this is done right it can be an epic franchise. Prob been better as a show. But it’s big budget hope people spend money to see it or it will be one and done.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Black widow was my first one felt good even though the movie sucked

I was going to see many saints of Newark but decided to just steam it

my next movie will be dune. If this is done right it can be an epic franchise. Prob been better as a show. But it’s big budget hope people spend money to see it or it will be one and done.

Hey it's cool u got to see a movie. (y)
Candyman for me. It was 50-50. I didn't like some of the "narratives" being promoted. Yeah... I read up on Black widow and like u said, I thought it might suck. I dunno what to see next.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have you been in movie theater lately? I went for the first time(in a yr) 2 weeks ago
I saw The Sparks Brothers in July. That was the last time I went and the first since the pandemic. There were like four other people in the theater.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Onibaba was the last movie I watched. Trying to get in a few more horror films for the month. It was pretty damn great.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I watched the new Halloween Kills movie. Yeah, it's as dumb as you think. My one and only favorite part about it was the 20-second opening jack-o-lantern credit sequence, lol.

Evidently, it's the cool thing now to bring every "old" character from the original source back. It works in Cobra Kai, but in some things, like here, it's beyond stupid.

Also wondered if the film makers were trying to make a point in one scene where an angry mob descends on the hospital and is shown running up through the halls/stairwells, trying to break the glass of a locked corridor. Imagery seemed very reminiscent of the Jan 6th insurrection, and had a theme of "one man can turn us all into monsters." Maybe the film makers thought they'd add a clever little sub-message in their utterly pointless sequel, but it didn't help. Or I'm just reading too much into it. Either way, shitty movie.

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I really liked dune and hope it gets the trilogy it deserves. It’s not 10/10 I felt it would have made a better show than movie if it would get a proper budget for it. But the movie followed the book better than most book to movie stuff. No nonsense agenda pushing just a solid movie imo