Rate the last movie you watched

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love indie flicks!

I enjoyed many including: Ex Machina, Midsommar was kinda a trip but I liked it, Good Time was great with Pattinson, The Witch was creepy as HELL. Hot Summer Nights was darn good.

My favorite is probably Lady Bird lol. I really liked Swiss Army Man too hahahaha.

I've yet to watch Green Room actually. I should check it out?
Awesome. You like some excellent films there. I just mentioned Green Room as it seems to be the OPPOSITE of The Green Knight / A Ghost Story, which are slow burns by the same director. My favorite is Hereditary, with The Witch right behind it. I write dark stories—fantasy, SF, horror—so I'm drawn to those of course. LOL

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
not A24, but was okay for a korean flick..

3 out of 5 kias

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Speaking of Korean movies..

Castaway on the Moon was a good one iirc... been awhile since i saw it, but just remembered it after watching Seoul Searching

4 out of 5 samsungs....

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Saw The Batman today and I have to say this is definitely one of the best Batman movies I've ever seen. Idk yet if I would say it's better than The Dark Knight, but I think it's better than Begins and Rises. I was pleasantly surprised with Robert Pattinson's version of Batman. Seems completely different from some of the other Batmans, a bit more emo than usual, but I think it works. I was skeptical at first, but he was a great Batman

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
R-Rated.jpg

Granada

Liked Posts:
Somebody mentioned "Nobody" a while back (I'm too lazy to find who/when) with Bob Odenkirk. It was okay, not terrible. I'd call it fun but dumb. A one-time-only movie I have zero interest in ever watching again.

Also watched The French Dispatch, which was fantastic. Anderson is an acquired taste though, but to me, this was him at his best and was a redemption after The Grand Budapest (which didn't do it for me). Can't wait to watch this again, especially since the dialogue is very fast at times. It's somewhat of a movie where you have to be hyper-alert at spots to follow along with the dialogue/story. I don't get why Timothe Chalamet has to be in every fucking movie though -- I mean he was fine, but still. I would like to see him in a movie about Syd Barrett (playing Syd), but I don't need to see him in every single thing I watch.

Also finally saw the original version of Nosferatu, the silent version from 1922. I enjoyed it and would watch it again.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Saints of Newark was solid, really not sure why it was hated so much. Maybe people wanted more of Tony's story? I thought the guy who played Dickie was great, as was the whole cast.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watching The Cremator. Also Swiss Army Man is up there with the worst films I've ever watched. What a piece of shit.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love indie flicks!

I enjoyed many including: Ex Machina, Midsommar was kinda a trip but I liked it, Good Time was great with Pattinson, The Witch was creepy as HELL. Hot Summer Nights was darn good.

My favorite is probably Lady Bird lol. I really liked Swiss Army Man too hahahaha.

I've yet to watch Green Room actually. I should check it out?
After this, I'm sorry,I can never trust your opinion again.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Pam and Tommy on Hulu. Never thought I'd like this, but it's actually pretty solid. Episode three is when it gets going. Rogen is good and the actors who play Pam and Tommy absolutely kill it, hard to remember they're actually acting.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I'm not even that big into horror necessarily, but this movie really is a classic to me. Simple but very well-done. That scene where they pick up the hitchhiker in the van in the beginning is just so good, it makes me laugh but in a good way; that actor just nailed that part.