Rate the last movie you watched

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
I watched Sonic 2 and had literally no idea that it was going to be almost 3 hours long but it needed to be to really tell ther story without rushing through it with its pacing and honestly for it to be Jim Carey's final film I am glad they took their time. I don't normally rate movies but it is definitely in my top 50 favorites as of yesterday when I re- did my top 100 list.

BobEvans

GOD, GUNS, & GAS
Liked Posts:
We went to see Mighty Joe Young again in the Theatre`s. Great Movie. We were literally Ripping fart`s thru-out the entire movie. People were screamin`g, runnin`g for the exit`s, the Stench was unbearable. But that`s how u play the Game. My son Gilligan rip`d one so lowd, the Entire theatre was shakin`g. Great movie, we will see it again.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Damn I was planning on committing 3 hours to it tonight
I enjoyed it.
I hated emo bruce wayne, but thankfully that was kept to a minimum.

No spoilers, nothing about the plot itself in this comment...

They did something unique that I really enjoyed in this version- they came up with a logical way for batman to move around the city without attracting attention.
Several times he had to get from here to there and instead of a big gaudy batmobile, He jumped on a bike in plain clothes.
He was in the batsuit, had to get to the batsignal or whatnot, and he threw on a regular coat and helmet and ripped through the streets on the bike only to get there and change back.

I always had an issue overlooking the batmobile flying all over the city in traffic.
there are some blocakages or congestion that you absolutely could not get past, even on the sidewalk.
Since he didnt have a flying option, I appreciated a realistic means of transportation.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
There were a lot of things i really liked in that movie.
What really bugged you about it?

I was primed to dislike it due to Pattinson, but was surprised that I could over look him.
A few things, no particular order:
1. Pattinson wasn't bad. I was expecting the worst, but it wasn't George Clooney or Ben Affleck bad.
2. I have zero idea why the Penguin was even in the movie. Just a pointless character.
3. The lack of Alfred, and I know, based on what happened there wasn't going to be much, but Andy Serkis is a phenomenal actor. Seems like a missed opportunity to write what happened in the script.
4. While I love Serkis, and was upset by him not being in there more, it doesn't change the fact that Bruce Wayne was supposed to be around 25 (??) in this film, and Alfred looks no older than 55. So Alfred had that amazing military career and came with the Waynes at 30? C'mon.
5. Batman can has a gun that can help him get up the side of a building, but doesn't have the cell phone plan to get his butler or maid on the phone?
6. Selena Kyle being the daughter of Falcone didn't work for me. That was a backstory that just didn't need to be there.
7. The Riddler's guy saying "I'm Vengeance" and Batman's realization that they are one in the same was heavy handed drek to me.
8. Selena's speech about Bruce Wayne being the bad guy because he was a villain was stolen from DKR's Occupy Wall-Street theme.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I enjoyed it.
I hated emo bruce wayne, but thankfully that was kept to a minimum.

No spoilers, nothing about the plot itself in this comment...

They did something unique that I really enjoyed in this version- they came up with a logical way for batman to move around the city without attracting attention.
Several times he had to get from here to there and instead of a big gaudy batmobile, He jumped on a bike in plain clothes.
He was in the batsuit, had to get to the batsignal or whatnot, and he threw on a regular coat and helmet and ripped through the streets on the bike only to get there and change back.

I always had an issue overlooking the batmobile flying all over the city in traffic.
there are some blocakages or congestion that you absolutely could not get past, even on the sidewalk.
Since he didnt have a flying option, I appreciated a realistic means of transportation.
I mean there isn’t much to spoil I’ve been around since the Michael Keaton Batman how many different ways can you retell the story lol. Just hope it isn’t 3 hours long cause they commit hour to how and why he became Batman like they do every time they change things up lol.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I mean there isn’t much to spoil I’ve been around since the Michael Keaton Batman how many different ways can you retell the story lol. Just hope it isn’t 3 hours long cause they commit hour to how and why he became Batman like they do every time they change things up lol.
That was one of the reasons why I liked Batman Begins.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
A few things, no particular order:
1. Pattinson wasn't bad. I was expecting the worst, but it wasn't George Clooney or Ben Affleck bad.
2. I have zero idea why the Penguin was even in the movie. Just a pointless character.
3. The lack of Alfred, and I know, based on what happened there wasn't going to be much, but Andy Serkis is a phenomenal actor. Seems like a missed opportunity to write what happened in the script.
4. While I love Serkis, and was upset by him not being in there more, it doesn't change the fact that Bruce Wayne was supposed to be around 25 (??) in this film, and Alfred looks no older than 55. So Alfred had that amazing military career and came with the Waynes at 30? C'mon.
5. Batman can has a gun that can help him get up the side of a building, but doesn't have the cell phone plan to get his butler or maid on the phone?
6. Selena Kyle being the daughter of Falcone didn't work for me. That was a backstory that just didn't need to be there.
7. The Riddler's guy saying "I'm Vengeance" and Batman's realization that they are one in the same was heavy handed drek to me.
8. Selena's speech about Bruce Wayne being the bad guy because he was a villain was stolen from DKR's Occupy Wall-Street theme.

All valid points for sure.

The riddlers guy quote seemed redundant in light of the conversation between riddler and batman.
I hit up the "rataalada" website that flashed on the post credit scene.. figured it had to be something.

Turns out I am late to the party and it just shows that the site is "siezed by the Gotham police department".

But- a couple quick searches and I got the content.

One was a deleted scene from the movie.
Batman visiting the joker like starling visiting lecter.

The conversation they had was about that very point.

I think since I saw the deleted scene which spoon fed you conclusion drawn from that quote, I was relieved they were not THAT heavy handed.

I initially was grouchy about emo Wayne, but was able to let that go the way they framed things.
From his opening voice over he says he has been the bat for about 2 years.
Alfred bitched at him about blowing off business, and he said he doesn't care what happens to him if he can't Yada Yada Yada.
I would imagine he cuts the emo phase if they keep this up.

There was a lot of not so awesome, but they did enough different that I appreciated the effort.

.... the batmobile was badass as well.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Snyder spent minimal time on his version, and this movie only mentions it where needed.

I too am tired of origin stories.

I thought a young bats would include the origin, but thankfully they passed.

For all the warts I liked it for what it was.
It is a young version cutting his teeth.
He doesn't have the vast array of tech that others did, he isn't infallible on his detective work, and he isn't a Jackie chan style martial artist/ parkour master.
He slips and falls at times, he misses a couple things, and he still reacts like a human in many scenarios.

It seems like a follow up to the animated flick "batman year one".

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Love it, man -- one of the best soundtracks of any movie. The first 10 minutes of that movie (the intro and the bike scene) always jacks me up.

I bought a copy of it the other day. I have a soft spot for it, because it was frequently played on tv when I was a kid. Anytime it came on and I caught it, I'd watch it. Last night was the first time I've watched it in a really long time, can't remember the last time actually, it may have been when I was a kid. With that said, it actually held up fairly well.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
All valid points for sure.

The riddlers guy quote seemed redundant in light of the conversation between riddler and batman.
I hit up the "rataalada" website that flashed on the post credit scene.. figured it had to be something.

Turns out I am late to the party and it just shows that the site is "siezed by the Gotham police department".

But- a couple quick searches and I got the content.

One was a deleted scene from the movie.
Batman visiting the joker like starling visiting lecter.

The conversation they had was about that very point.

I think since I saw the deleted scene which spoon fed you conclusion drawn from that quote, I was relieved they were not THAT heavy handed.

I initially was grouchy about emo Wayne, but was able to let that go the way they framed things.
From his opening voice over he says he has been the bat for about 2 years.
Alfred bitched at him about blowing off business, and he said he doesn't care what happens to him if he can't Yada Yada Yada.
I would imagine he cuts the emo phase if they keep this up.

There was a lot of not so awesome, but they did enough different that I appreciated the effort.

.... the batmobile was badass as well.
Do you have a link to that deleted scene between the two of them? Maybe that changes things with that specific part.

The more I do think about it, the more I think Pattinson did a good job. Bale was the best, and I preferred Kilmer to Keaton so I think I'd put Pattinson 3rd. Wasn't necessarily the acting for me as it was the story.

I also neglected to mention this (and I'm a fool for not): Jeffrey Wright is great in anything he does. I'd watch him paint a room with no dialogue if that was a movie.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I watched it thought it was ok nothing earth shattering. I did fall asleep 2 hours in but finished it up when I woke up lol. I was surprised he pulled off playing Batman well. Got to give him credit for that. Cat woman gave me a boner always a plus. Not bad of a movie but they need to stick to 2 hours

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
The new batman with Robert Paterson believe it or not I liked it it was a more gritty version with more reality in the bat equipment like the batmobile wasn't as ridiculous as usual though I can't help but feel like it was a bit angsty could just be my bias from having 4 daughters and living through twilight
I give it a 7/10 worth the watch but I wouldn't buy it

BobEvans

GOD, GUNS, & GAS
Liked Posts:
We Went to see Dunston Check`s In in the Theatre`s today at the Movie theatre. We are lovin`g these Primape film`s lately. They say the Key to a good Movie is the Character`s. Our Favourite part was when Dunston Check`d in 2 the Hotel, it was Banana`s. We Would give Dunston Check`s In a 8.5 out of 10.