Rate the last movie you watched

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watched The Platform on Netflix and the new Hellraiser on Hulu. I really liked The Platform and Hellraiser was alright.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watched Threads again recently.
Not really a horror movie but it's horrifying, brutal, and fucking bleak.
And then things go downhill from there.
Rawr!

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
On my flights I watched

The gentleman which is on Netflix. Really good movie if you like guy Ritchie movies you will like it

The new Jurassic park- crazy meh. Only thing keeping me watching it was cute red head

Top gun maverick-loved it. I thought it would be a boomer money grab but it actually was a pretty good ass movie.

Other stuff I watched were mainly show episodes I dl no other movies. Was tempted to watch Elvis. Anyone seen it? Is it worth watching?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Nothing will compare to the stanislaw lem book

Granada

Liked Posts:
It's an old movie but I saw Ordinary People for the first time the other night. I enjoyed it. I think it was filmed in Highland Park in the late 70's/early 80's. Mary Tyler Moore is good as the icy mother. It sort of reminds me of Good Will Hunting with the psychologist trying to reach the troubled young kid. Anyways, good movie, well-shot, very nostalgic.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
It's an old movie but I saw Ordinary People for the first time the other night. I enjoyed it. I think it was filmed in Highland Park in the late 70's/early 80's. Mary Tyler Moore is good as the icy mother. It sort of reminds me of Good Will Hunting with the psychologist trying to reach the troubled young kid. Anyways, good movie, well-shot, very nostalgic.
It's rare to capture conversations that are so very real to life, filled with the actual complex emotions. And sure it's a mixed bag in that respect, there some scenes that may come off cliche, but it seems most movies don't even attempt to have that depth and touch of subtle reality.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Nothing will compare to the stanislaw lem book
Cant say I read it. Just looked it up... must say I'm surprised it's only about 204 pages... I mean when the 1972 film is almost 3 hrs... I just had the general impression it was a novel.

JPPT1974

April Showers and Easter 2024!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Seattle Mariners
  1. Los Angeles FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Tennessee Titans
  1. St. Louis Blues
  1. Kentucky Wildcats
Lyle Lyle Crocodile 9/10 as a kid that loved the lovable crocodile as based on the children's novels. I am 48 or may be that, but as a kid at heart always.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
It was a novel!

LOL Technically yes. I read a novella is generally about 200 pages or less. The paperbacks of Solaris I see are 204 to 234 pages.

The last novellas I read were Who Goes There? and Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
welp, try reading it if you would like even more of a mind-fuck than the movie(s)

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
The Triangle of Sadness

Pretty entertaining movie, much in the vain of a Wes Anderson movie except darker. More of a satire and dark commentary of rich people and working class people.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
FYrYqR1VUAIGAc0.jpg

Best movie I have seen since 'UHF'

Pulls no punches dealing with the major hallmarks in Al's career such as his mentally abusive father, his troubles with drugs and alcohol, his torrid love affair with Madonna and his bloody feud with Pablo Escobar.

1,000,000,000,000,000/10

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
View attachment 23709

Best movie I have seen since 'UHF'

Pulls no punches dealing with the major hallmarks in Al's career such as his mentally abusive father, his troubles with drugs and alcohol, his torrid love affair with Madonna and his bloody feud with Pablo Escobar.

1,000,000,000,000,000/10
I actually really like the weird movies Radcliffe is in these days.