Rate the last movie you watched

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Broadcast News is great. Definitely recommend it.

Crumb was interesting. The Sisters you talking about the horror movie? Not sure I saw it, but heard it was good if your a horror fan,
Yes, the De Palma film. It's streaming on HBO Max, so I'll just watch it there when I get around to it. Apparently I was confusing Broadcast News with Network.

My birthday is on Thursday so we'll see if the girlfriend gets me another one haha. She had been talking about it, because I only need to spend a few more bucks to get a free 50 dollar gift card from them. So if anyone thinks of anything I might like, leave me a note.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Broadcast News is great. Definitely recommend it.

Crumb was interesting. The Sisters you talking about the horror movie? Not sure I saw it, but heard it was good if your a horror fan,
Also if you've seen Network how does it compare to Broadcast News. My friend adores Network.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Also if you've seen Network how does it compare to Broadcast News. My friend adores Network.
Yep, I've gotten those two confused because of the names.

Network is great. It becomes more relevant every year. It's weighty film. Most definitely worth seeing and dense enough to rewatch.

Broadcast News is with William Hurt. It's more lighthearted and plenty of comedy, but still a very interesting drama too. Ive seen it more than once.

Last edited:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
She Dies Tomorrow ... so so
Kimi ... ?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yep, I've gotten those two confused because of the names.

Network is great. It becomes more relevant every year. It's weighty film. Most definitely worth seeing and dense enough to rewatch.

Broadcast News is with William Hurt. It's more lighthearted and plenty of comedy, but still a very interesting drama too. Ive seen it more than once.
Albert Brooks is terrific in Broadcast News, as is Holly Hunter.

I love that even now, whenever some public official looks sweaty/nervous in a public setting, Albert Brooks will tweet that he should get royalties (due to a great scene in the movie)

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Looking forward to infinity pool and knock at the cabin
Ill probably watch Knock at the Cabin. It's the old horror fan in me. Looks compelling. Looks like some movie fusion lol Like 'The Strangers' meets '2012' or 'End of Days'.

I don't recognize Infinity Pool.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Albert Brooks is terrific in Broadcast News, as is Holly Hunter.

I love that even now, whenever some public official looks sweaty/nervous in a public setting, Albert Brooks will tweet that he should get royalties (due to a great scene in the movie)
lol thats funny. I didnt know that. You remember any names? Id love to look that up. Off hand I cant remember seeing anyone seat like crazy. Im surprised it doesnt happen more often. Brooks was great. Love the scene when he tells Holly to stay away from Hurt, so intense. James Brooks wrote it with Albert in mind. Great casting.

I gained a crush on Holly Hunter after watching it.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Ill probably watch Knock at the Cabin. It's the old horror fan in me. Looks compelling. Looks like some movie fusion lol Like 'The Strangers' meets '2012' or 'End of Days'.

I don't recognize Infinity Pool.
Infinity pool is made by Brandon Cronenberg. He is the son of the guy that made The Fly.
You should check out Possessor (his movie from 2020). It's pretty good.
He really took after his father and is into the whole "body horror" thing.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watch some old faves and introduced them to my girlfriend: Lady Snowblood, Robocop, Repulsion, Triplets of Belleville.

Watched Before Sunrise and Tar. Not sure how I feel about either.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Watch some old faves and introduced them to my girlfriend: Lady Snowblood, Robocop, Repulsion, Triplets of Belleville.

Watched Before Sunrise and Tar. Not sure how I feel about either.
I love the original Robocop, one of those movies I'll watch anytime it's on. Still blows my mind they made a children's toy line out of that movie, lol.

I've always heard that Ryan O'Neal was a fantastic actor. He was before my time, and the only movie I had ever seen with him is Paper Moon, which is fantastic. I just recently watched Love Story for the first time, which was also very good. He was good, but the female lead stole the show in my view. Anyways, solid movie.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love the original Robocop, one of those movies I'll watch anytime it's on. Still blows my mind they made a children's toy line out of that movie, lol.

I've always heard that Ryan O'Neal was a fantastic actor. He was before my time, and the only movie I had ever seen with him is Paper Moon, which is fantastic. I just recently watched Love Story for the first time, which was also very good. He was good, but the female lead stole the show in my view. Anyways, solid movie.
Dude. I told her, "how in the hell did they let me watch this as a kid?"

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Watched Knock at the Cabin.
It was meh...
Bad acting. Batista was okay.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I have to put an asterisk at the end of my prior post. I felt compelled to watch it again. Alone.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
lol thats funny. I didnt know that. You remember any names? Id love to look that up. Off hand I cant remember seeing anyone seat like crazy. Im surprised it doesnt happen more often. Brooks was great. Love the scene when he tells Holly to stay away from Hurt, so intense. James Brooks wrote it with Albert in mind. Great casting.

I gained a crush on Holly Hunter after watching it.
“I think you know I am not the devil. I think we have the kind of relationship that if I were the devil, you’d be the person I’d tell.” ?