Real questions about Bears ownership

JurisFrog

Liked Posts:
I’m new to the Board and a new Bears fan. I live near Dallas and have had to endure J. Jones for the last 30 years. Great owner, terrible GM. Shouldn’t have fired Coach Tom, or Jimmy Johnson, and we’ve sucked since Johnson left. Jones can make money but can’t manage. He gets too close to his players and blows the cap with high-profile players who then under-perform. That’s what I’m used to.

What is the Bears ownership like? Good, bad, indifferent? Short termers or long termers? Involved in player management or no?

p.s. I know all about your feelings RE your GM. This question is about the owners.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I’m new to the Board and a new Bears fan. I live near Dallas and have had to endure J. Jones for the last 30 years. Great owner, terrible GM. Shouldn’t have fired Coach Tom, or Jimmy Johnson, and we’ve sucked since Johnson left. Jones can make money but can’t manage. He gets too close to his players and blows the cap with high-profile players who then under-perform. That’s what I’m used to.

What is the Bears ownership like? Good, bad, indifferent? Short termers or long termers? Involved in player management or no?

p.s. I know all about your feelings RE your GM. This question is about the owners.
tenor.gif

TecmoSuperbOwl

Liked Posts:
Weird time to exit Jerry World and come to a franchise that has never had a decent quarterback. Welcome to the other Factory of Sadness.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
They are incompetent and they know it, but it also means they are scared to make changes because, again, they know they are not good at it.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I’m still confused on how Jones is a great owner but terrible GM. Would you either be good or bad at both?

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
The big difference is they are fans, but don't really try too hard to control the football operations. They are old school, and are fine with taking the huge profits and watching the value increase over time while others run the team.

They dont take many chances on problem players very often, and they used to be known as cheap, which may be true a long time ago but they spend plenty too try and get better. They just aren't great at it as of lately.. .

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
OP
you have to fuck one, marry one and kill one...

Betty White
Virginia McCaskey
Large Marge from the PeeWee Herman movie.

go
Fuck large marge because Virginia must die
Marry Betty White great sense of humor. She won't be boring
Kill Virginia because it must be done.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m still confused on how Jones is a great owner but terrible GM. Would you either be good or bad at both?

That’s been said of him for years. As an owner, he wants to win and loves his team. As a GM he makes stupid moves , hires yes men as coaches and meddles with coach decisions. .

JurisFrog

Liked Posts:
Question for you, how does a person follow a team for 30 years and then just switch to a different random team?

Oh, I still root for the Cowboys. It's just an exercise in futility.

I am a big fan of Dalton, so the Bears will be my primary team for the season. I'll watch every game!

(also I really liked the Bears for a long time. '85 Bears were heroes to me. I was an OL in high school and Van Horne was my hero. I watched him through the 80's into the early 90's and tried to copy his technique. He was a stud. I watched every Bears game I could, so I could watch him work.)

JurisFrog

Liked Posts:
OP
you have to fuck one, marry one and kill one...

Betty White
Virginia McCaskey
Large Marge from the PeeWee Herman movie.

go

Huh. I had to look up Virginia McCaskey. I really didn't know. I'll pass on the choices. Can I use Covid as an excuse?

JurisFrog

Liked Posts:

Jerry has business vision that few people possess. But he should stick to that. He is a world-class business visionary and a below-average GM.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Huh. I had to look up Virginia McCaskey. I really didn't know. I'll pass on the choices. Can I use Covid as an excuse?

You should run back to Jerry.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Either you're Peter Gibbons from Office Space (post-hypnotherapy) or you truly just have absolute shit standards for everything. Ryan Pace? Good GM. The McCaskeys? They're alright. You deserve every L this team feeds you.