Really like the addition of Akiem Hicks

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Akiem Hicks - DL - Bears
Beat writer Rich Campell of the Chicago Tribune said Bears DE Akiem Hicks has "stood out" during the first three days of training camp.
Hicks has had no trouble getting to quarterback Jay Cutler and also prevented a big play from Jeremy Langford with an impressive tackle at Saturday's session. Through three practices, Hicks has looked surprisingly nimble for a player who stands at 6'5/336. Coming off a breakout year for the Patriots in 2015, Hicks could prove to be one of the offseason's most underrated signings.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or that, yes. But from what he did last year, to working with Fangio, he is still ascending into a beast. I feel he may terrorize many Olines

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They definitely are surrounding Hicks with great players. I think that we definitely are headed into Top Ten territory with this D.
Didnt Fangio consistently have Top 5 D's withe the niners ?? I think thats where we are headed. Top Ten this year and Top Five next

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hicks was a good signing, I'm excited to see how things unfold.

I really think he'll help the D get off the field so that Braverman can get back in and score more TD's.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Will Hicks and Goldman be on the field together?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Akiem Hicks - DL - Bears
Beat writer Rich Campell of the Chicago Tribune said Bears DE Akiem Hicks has "stood out" during the first three days of training camp.
Hicks has had no trouble getting to quarterback Jay Cutler and also prevented a big play from Jeremy Langford with an impressive tackle at Saturday's session. Through three practices, Hicks has looked surprisingly nimble for a player who stands at 6'5/336. Coming off a breakout year for the Patriots in 2015, Hicks could prove to be one of the offseason's most underrated signings.

I like him too, hopefully he stays healthy.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Our offensive line isn't great, but I'm really pumped to see what Hicks can do against other teams.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Thread starter pees his pants. Wait until the season starts to do that, man.

Last edited:

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What is going on right now????[/QUOTE
I'm freakin out man!
Pl00oUu.gif

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
The guy has been an ascending talent since he got in the league... every year he seems to get better and better.. He has played under really good coaching and from that continues to grow as a player...

It shouldn't be shocking when a guy that does everything right to make himself into a great player... He is after all just 27 years of age... The next 3 years will be in his physical prime and then the slow down after 30... The chicago bears might have picked him up at just the right time...

CubsWin

Liked Posts:
Akiem Hicks was a necessary signing because of his good fit as a 3-4 DE. The guys drafted for the 4-3 (Ego, Sutton) aren't exactly the right prototype for the 3-4. I'm hoping rookie Bullard is a standout, since he also fits Fangio's scheme, and hopefully joins Hicks and Eddie Goldman as the three starters.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Akiem Hicks was a necessary signing because of his good fit as a 3-4 DE. The guys drafted for the 4-3 (Ego, Sutton) aren't exactly the right prototype for the 3-4. I'm hoping rookie Bullard is a standout, since he also fits Fangio's scheme, and hopefully joins Hicks and Eddie Goldman as the three starters.

Its like you just got here. Thank goodness someone finally showed up to explain that the bears transitioned to a 3-4 last year.

CubsWin

Liked Posts:
Its like you just got here. Thank goodness someone finally showed up to explain that the bears transitioned to a 3-4 last year.

You really have a reading comprehension issue. That's twice now in one day. The thread title is "Really like the addition of Akiem Hicks." I'm expressing my agreement with the OP by pointing out that Hicks (or someone like him) is a necessary signing because we had the wrong guys for the scheme last year. My post is about the personnel, not about announcing a switch to a different scheme, dumbass.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
I feel like this thread is a tribute to LanceStone.