Really Theriot...

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
You're all good waldo. The problem is the Cubs losing I think. Everyone has the high expectations and nothing is happening. Every thread lately has turned into this.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not to start anything else, but I think if we got a new manager the Cubs will start winning. Pinella does not make smart moves anymore and makes dumb decisions.

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've always liked Theriot, I watch a lot of Cubs baseball, despite being a Cardinals fan, he goes all out, he gets ahead of himself in the field sometimes though.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
Not to start anything else, but I think if we got a new manager the Cubs will start winning. Pinella does not make smart moves anymore and makes dumb decisions.

Two weeks ago I would have disagreed with you. Lately though I am seeing it more and more. I would not be mad now if they made a managerial change.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Moron? What the fuck is your problem? People can enjoy themselves and still be educated about it. Chill the fuck out and just give constructive criticism instead of being a dick about it.

:rolleyes: WTF are you talking about? The post you quoted wasn't an "educated" versus "non-educated" point, it was telling some moron not to come into a thread and downplay the points of others, while erroneously attributing statements and sentiments to people, just because he or she disagrees not with the validity of the points being made but rather just the fact that it is being discussed at all.

Stop trying to moderate and jump in on situations that you have no business in, you just come out looking like even more of an idiot.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
struck a nerve, eh?

Look, my point...Theriot gets on base. He doesn't draw a lot of walks, but we should be happy, or damn near surprised to have a lead-off hitter lead the league in hits. We don't have an all-star at every position...and this year we're only gonna have an all-star b/c one is required...Theriot's lack of walks shouldn't even be thread worry...But...Lefty disagrees w/ me. Fair enough. Good win today.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
:rolleyes: WTF are you talking about? The post you quoted wasn't an "educated" versus "non-educated" point, it was telling some moron not to come into a thread and downplay the points of others, while erroneously attributing statements and sentiments to people, just because he or she disagrees not with the validity of the points being made but rather just the fact that it is being discussed at all.

Stop trying to moderate and jump in on situations that you have no business in, you just come out looking like even more of an idiot.

Your business? This is a forum, not a personal chat. I'm not looking like an idiot, I support what I say. X is just one of my good friends and I didn't agree with what you say. You also tend to criticize the wrong things and come off as the type to disagree with anything and only listen to your ego. I may be wrong, so be it. But I'm not the type to just sit here and keep my mouth shut, I voice my opinion. That's why I'm an opinion writer.

Last edited by a moderator:

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would not be surprise to see more than 1 all-star. Right now I would say, Soriano, Byrd, Marmol and maybe Silva but probably not.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
Going into the season I like Theriot as the leadoff man. He's consistent. Not great, but consistent.

Fukudome would make sense but in the previous two years he's gone in the tank offensively after April. If Fukudome could not have months when hitting .169 in the middle of the summer, then he would be the best choice because his ability to draw walks. But we don't know if he can keep up his current offensive pace for a full season because he hasn't done it in his first two.

Already his May numbers are pretty ugly compared to his April. Now I don't expect him to hit .344 (his April BA) for the year, but .265 won't cut it either. But his OBP is still .375, which is better than Theriot's .370 in April when he hit about .330.

Basically if Fukudome can not fall off a cliff, he should be leading off eventually.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Byrd and Soriano have been good...but not all-stars...at least not both of them...Marmol's stats are actually better than I thought. I will digress. I don't think we have more than one, but as a life-long Cubs fan, I do enjoy the optimism.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
Byrd and Soriano have been good...but not all-stars...at least not both of them...Marmol's stats are actually better than I thought. I will digress. I don't think we have more than one, but as a life-long Cubs fan, I do enjoy the optimism.

If Soriano actually kept up this pace he's definitely be an all-star. Hitting .330 with an OPS over 1.000.

I predicted Marmol would be an all-star before the season. I just wish he'd get more save opps. But that would require the Cubs to have more leads now wouldn't it

Last edited by a moderator:

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Soriano's a name everyone knows...so he's probably got the best chance...but man..soooo many good outfielders...

Byrd doesn't have a shot unless he's batting .315+ with 50 RBIs, imo.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Soriano's a name everyone knows...so he's probably got the best chance...but man..soooo many good outfielders...

Byrd doesn't have a shot unless he's batting .315+ with 50 RBIs, imo.

I don't know about RBIs, but he is definitely capible of hitting .315.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I liken MLB starters to NBA starters...all a popularity contest. Maybe not to as big an extent, but nonetheless. Byrd is really an unknown to teams outside the Cubs and Rangers (which won't really help)...and he'll be going up against Eithier, Braun, Kemp, McCutchen, Werth....all of whom have better numbers...and that's not to mention Soriano, Victorino, Carlos Gonzalez, Jason Heyward, Justin Upton, Ramsus...a lot of competition @ the OF spot.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
I liken MLB starters to NBA starters...all a popularity contest. Maybe not to as big an extent, but nonetheless. Byrd is really an unknown to teams outside the Cubs and Rangers (which won't really help)...and he'll be going up against Eithier, Braun, Kemp, McCutchen, Werth....all of whom have better numbers...and that's not to mention Soriano, Victorino, Carlos Gonzalez, Jason Heyward, Justin Upton, Ramsus...a lot of competition @ the OF spot.

That's very true. Everyone votes for who they love. Hell, I admit that I always vote for every Cub in the All-Star voting. Lol.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
lmao - me too...Theriot will get more votes than Byrd imo...if he keeps hitting like he is anyways.

cubsjunkie

mistress
Liked Posts:
It's really dumb to vote for your entire team - esp when they suck. (no offense to anyone) I hope Theriot gets a lot of votes but I'll have to compare him to the other SS... 2B? out there. I haven't voted or even looked at the ballot. He's as a SS right?