Reason for Optimism

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Look for large parts of the game the D and O was bad but here is the silver lining. We were one stupid shotgun snap on 4th down and inches from being down just one score.

This is a young team and a young coaching staff. Both made a lot of mistakes tonight but again we were one shotgun snap on 4th down and inches from being down one score. This team battles. They arent very good but they somehow find a way to hang in there.

So how do we fix this.

1. Fields needs to be allowed to throw more. One way or another we have to see what he has.

2. 40-50% of our plays involving Fields has to be him on the move or play action. The threat he poses with his legs had to be present on every play.

3. Fields has to take what the D gives him. He has gone back to hunting for big plays and not getting rid of the ball quicker.

4. Fields has to stop trying to be a classic pocket passer. If you reach the end of your drop and you dont see anyone them take off. These WRs are not good enough to sit in the pocket and wait on them and cant as this OL to hold blocks for 4 or 5 seconds.

5. Mooney and Kmet have to get involved. Find ways the get them the ball period even if it is just short stuff.

This is not a talented team but I think this staff has instilled a certain resilence in the team already. They now need to get out of their own way and stop overthinking things. Let these guys play and let's what we have.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Would prefer they lose as I want a better draft pick. What I want to see is them being developed win or lose. This was not a good game to see that because we only threw 11 times.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Would prefer they lose as I want a better draft pick. What I want to see is them being developed win or lose. This was not a good game to see that because we only threw 11 times.

This. The first game was practically impossible to see much. This game was like a Nagy masterpiece.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
This game was more reflective of the Packers not so much the Bears. This was a game where the Packers needed to dominate in all facets, but they struggled to stop the run and Rodgers was sacked another 3 times. The Bears were never going to win, but the Packers created more questions for themselves than answers against an inferior opponent.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The hope is that the coaching staff realizes what they did wrong and actively tries to fix it. The problem with the last coaching staff was blaming everyone but themselves.

Run defense is like the 2013 Run Defense

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look for large parts of the game the D and O was bad but here is the silver lining. We were one stupid shotgun snap on 4th down and inches from being down just one score.

This is a young team and a young coaching staff. Both made a lot of mistakes tonight but again we were one shotgun snap on 4th down and inches from being down one score. This team battles. They arent very good but they somehow find a way to hang in there.

So how do we fix this.

1. Fields needs to be allowed to throw more. One way or another we have to see what he has.

2. 40-50% of our plays involving Fields has to be him on the move or play action. The threat he poses with his legs had to be present on every play.

3. Fields has to take what the D gives him. He has gone back to hunting for big plays and not getting rid of the ball quicker.

4. Fields has to stop trying to be a classic pocket passer. If you reach the end of your drop and you dont see anyone them take off. These WRs are not good enough to sit in the pocket and wait on them and cant as this OL to hold blocks for 4 or 5 seconds.

5. Mooney and Kmet have to get involved. Find ways the get them the ball period even if it is just short stuff.

This is not a talented team but I think this staff has instilled a certain resilence in the team already. They now need to get out of their own way and stop overthinking things. Let these guys play and let's what we have.
Did you miss the part, where after the Packers stopped the Bears at the goal line, they then proceeded to march down the field and get into scoring range (only to let time expire). What makes you think that if things were different, they would not have done the same?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
To be fair, maybe they are the best run offenses because THEY PLAYED THE BEARS?

No dipshit. They both ranked high last year and are regarded as 2 of the best in the league.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

The offensive identity needs to be ball control, Playaction and roll-outs

mecha

Liked Posts:
the 2022 Bears demonstrated what a lot of people said in the offseason about how they're just not going to be good. after all the clamoring about how they're going to have the worst offensive line/receivers ever, I don't understand how anyone could act surprised at the result of this game. the best case scenario are the coaches take a long and hard look at what did and didn't work and they find a way to build upon it and get the team better.

they're not winning a playoff game, let alone a Super Bowl this year, so I don't understand how handcuffing Fields will do any good. the Bears played not to lose the entire game and didn't exhibit any will to try and win. if they would've put up a legitimate effort and lost, then they could look to what they did wrong. they didn't put up the effort, they have no one to blame but themselves.

the Bears aren't going to go winless for the remainder of the season, but they do need to get over this weird fear of playing the Packers on primetime. which is another thing, they're not ready for primetime. we'll see what happens in a couple months. I'm not worried about it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Did you miss the part, where after the Packers stopped the Bears at the goal line, they then proceeded to march down the field and get into scoring range (only to let time expire). What makes you think that if things were different, they would not have done the same?

Momentum is an actual thing. That was a huge momentum shift.

You should know this because you go silent when the momentum is against the Lions and then suddenly reappear when it is in the Lions favor like right now.