Reason for Optimism

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
No I don’t fuckin think so. No optimism. No hope. It’s done. It’s fucking done dude. Do you not get it? 27-10. It’s over. I’m sitting here with a bottle of jack daniels and a loaded HANDGUN DUDE. SO DONT TELL ME TO BE OPTIMISTIC RIGHT NOW.

Attachments

• CC3DB46F-34C8-47C3-8637-F6EC38234453.jpeg
    CC3DB46F-34C8-47C3-8637-F6EC38234453.jpeg
    382.8 KB · Views: 2

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
This game was more reflective of the Packers not so much the Bears. This was a game where the Packers needed to dominate in all facets, but they struggled to stop the run and Rodgers was sacked another 3 times. The Bears were never going to win, but the Packers created more questions for themselves than answers against an inferior opponent.
The Packers run defense is going to be the major reason they don't win in the playoffs.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
the only reason for optimism is Pace is gone so the hope is that Poles can rebuild the roster in a few drafts, and its looking like the QB will have to be addressed as well..

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Everyone keeps saying that they need to play Fields to his strengths and let him get outside the pocket. And that's fine and all but just realize that the defense is also going to be geared up to prevent that. And to be brutally honest, he is nowhere near the athlete with his feet of Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray or Deshaun Watson where he can make the same types of plays scrambling. Just compare all of them in college. And I probably would even put Hurts over him tbh. Fields relied a lot more of in the pocket or just outside the pocket throws downfield than any of them ever did. Justin is a very good athlete and I would put him in the same class as Russell Wilson, Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen etc.

Did you guys watch Fields in college?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Indy just needs to move on from Ballard and start over. He simply failed to put all of his chips on the table to get that right QB. Instead he keeps signing AARP Recipients or bums like Wentz.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is lacking so much context it’s actually painful.

You are ready to say none of those guys would have added anything?

The Steelers have trubisky and an awful o line. Id love to see Pickens in this o, at least giving the defense something to think about.

Sky Moore simply is the 4th option.

Alec pierce is injured and Matt Ryan looks like absolute dog shit on a shit team.

Pettis has provided 1 meaningful catch on a scramble drill, but realistically is a non factor. ESB as well mostly invisible.
Trubisky and the Steelers OL are comparable to Fields and Bears OL. Are you confused in thinking we are much better?

There is no evidence Skyy Moore would be better than Pettis or St Brown. We dont have any info to prove that.

Right Pierce is injured so no proof he could help now and Matt Ryan looks like dogshit which is what Fields has has looked like.

And yet ESB and Pettis have outproduced those guys I mentioned which is precisely the point. Maybe they are better long term but you cant just pretend they 100% are better now. We dont have any data to suggest that. They have flahsed absolutely nothing in real games.

Last edited:

pablovi

Liked Posts:
You guys know damn well that if the Bears score a TD there, Rodgers goes down the field with ease and goes back up 14.

Montgomery was good on the night, but the only reason he beasted during that drive was because the Packers were more than happy to let the Bears continue to run clock.

It was not that close. The Bears were in the palm of the Packers' hands from the 2nd quarter onward.
Without a doubt, whenever a teams has to score against the Bears, they alway do. Specially a good coached team and spec GB.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So part of your solution to this season per point number 4 is for fields to develop bad habits and stop looking downfield and just run? This is not how you develop a player.

Despite your PFF stats the o line cannot pass block. It ain’t safe back there. I haven’t seen an all 22 or any breakdowns but I’d be shocked if the WR’s are creating enough space for this o line to hold their blocks.

Nagy being gone is a huge boost, but surprise surprise the offense is still a complete disaster as there has been 0 investment on that side of the ball besides a first round QB.
When I say run I mean get out of a pocket that isnt going to last and either throw it or scramble for what you can get.

You adjust to your situation. Get out of the pocket if it is unlikely guys will get open. Stay in the pocket when you have better players that will reward you for doing so by getting open.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
The Packers run defense is going to be the major reason they don't win in the playoffs.
The Packers D in general. It’s not good. Just look at the Vikings Game. The Bears made them look good, they’re that bad.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
what if they lose to the lowly texans next week?

hmmmmm
Which is very possible considering how the Texans have played against more talented teams.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Everyone keeps saying that they need to play Fields to his strengths and let him get outside the pocket. And that's fine and all but just realize that the defense is also going to be geared up to prevent that. And to be brutally honest, he is nowhere near the athlete with his feet of Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray or Deshaun Watson where he can make the same types of plays scrambling. Just compare all of them in college. And I probably would even put Hurts over him tbh. Fields relied a lot more of in the pocket or just outside the pocket throws downfield than any of them ever did. Justin is a very good athlete and I would put him in the same class as Russell Wilson, Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen etc.

The issue is you play to the strengths of the team. It is not going to be having Fields sit in the pocket and wait to take sacks because the WRs arent getting open.

Yes Fields was more of a pocket passer in college as he had the weapons to be that He doesnt have the weapons or mental processing to do that right now. So you can try and put a round peg in a square hole or you can try and find a round hole that the round peg fits into.

Yes defenses will know that but defenses eventually know all of a QBs strengths ans weaknesses. Part of succeeding in the NFL is being able to play to your strengths egen when the D knows it. Fields cant learn how to do that if we are scared to lean into his strengths.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

Each one of those guys have had blue chip receivers at one point (or TE) to bail them out. Murray looks like shit without Hopkins

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The Packers D in general. It’s not good. Just look at the Vikings Game. The Bears made them look good, they’re that bad.
Alexander is a great player. If they can get someone else in their secondary to step up like Douglas did last year, that part of their D will be good. But yes, the Bears have always made their

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
So they play Houston next week? That will be a shit show. First one to 6 wins.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The issue is you play to the strengths of the team. It is not going to be have Fields sit in the pocket and wait to take sacks because the WRs arent getting open.

Yes Fields was more of a pocket passer in college. He doesnt have the weapons or mental processing to do that right now. So you can try and put a round peg in a square hole or you can try and find round hole that the round peg fits into.

Yes defenses will know that but defenses eventually know all of a QBs strengths ans weaknesses. Part of succeeding in the NFL is being able to play to your strengths egen when the D knows it. Fields cant learn how to do that if we are scared to lean into his strengths.
Oh absolutely. I just don't think it is as easy as people are making it out to be. Getsy has his work cut out for him with this offense.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Each one of those guys have had blue chip receivers at one point (or TE) to bail them out. Murray looks like shit without Hopkins
Murray IMO is also not a superstar in the same way that any of those other QBs I mentioned are.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Each one of those guys also have far greater pocket awareness than Fields rigjt now. Watson balled out with Will Fuller as his main target. Mooney is better than Fuller.

Look we need better weapons but Fields hasnt delivered with what he has. There are guys open underneath as far as I can tell. He doesnt want to throw to them because he has a hard on for the big play.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Each one of those guys also have far greater pocket awareness than Fields rigjt now. Watson balled out with Will Fuller as his main target. Mooney is better than Fuller.

Look we need better weapons but Fields hasnt delivered with what he has. There are guys open underneath as far as I can tell. He doesnt want to throw to them because he has a hard on for the big play.
Tell me again how Fields would start on the Lions?

7/11 70 yds and an Int

GTFO