Reason for Optimism

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oh absolutely. I just don't think it is as easy as people are making it out to be. Getsy has his work cut out for him with this offense.

Sure part of it is Getsy and part of it is Fields understanding if he doesnt protect himself and take what the D gives him he is going to end up like Trey Lance on IR.

Last edited:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Each one of those guys also have far greater pocket awareness than Fields rigjt now. Watson balled out with Will Fuller as his main target. Mooney is better than Fuller.

Look we need better weapons but Fields hasnt delivered with what he has. There are guys open underneath as far as I can tell. He doesnt want to throw to them because he has a hard on for the big play.
+ Brandon Cooks

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Tell me again how Fields would start on the Lions?

It is 2 games and yes I would still start him over Goff sorry. Would take an entire season of failure for me to reconsider and even then Goff is a dead end. No one thinks he is the answer at QB. Not even the Lions. Potential however slim will always trump known mediocrity or worse.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
as a passer, neither is Jackson. But he at least has had a top tier TE and OL.
Yeah but he is hands down the best runner of the football at the QB position since Vick. And he is a better passer than Vick. So his overall ability at the QB position makes him a superstar.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
+ Brandon Cooks

If any of you think Fields would produce like Watson did with Watson's weapons yall are drunk.

He had his own problems beyond the weapons. Sorry. It is 2 different issues. He needs better weapons but he needs to be better regardless.

Last edited:

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Look for large parts of the game the D and O was bad but here is the silver lining. We were one stupid shotgun snap on 4th down and inches from being down just one score.

This is a young team and a young coaching staff. Both made a lot of mistakes tonight but again we were one shotgun snap on 4th down and inches from being down one score. This team battles. They arent very good but they somehow find a way to hang in there.

So how do we fix this.

1. Fields needs to be allowed to throw more. One way or another we have to see what he has.

2. 40-50% of our plays involving Fields has to be him on the move or play action. The threat he poses with his legs had to be present on every play.

3. Fields has to take what the D gives him. He has gone back to hunting for big plays and not getting rid of the ball quicker.

4. Fields has to stop trying to be a classic pocket passer. If you reach the end of your drop and you dont see anyone them take off. These WRs are not good enough to sit in the pocket and wait on them and cant as this OL to hold blocks for 4 or 5 seconds.

5. Mooney and Kmet have to get involved. Find ways the get them the ball period even if it is just short stuff.

This is not a talented team but I think this staff has instilled a certain resilence in the team already. They now need to get out of their own way and stop overthinking things. Let these guys play and let's what we have.

Mostly great points.

I think he needs more timing routes where he sticks with the first read or run.

It’s like trubisky all over again. The running is non existent.

Are we in max protect a lot of the time? Bc if I’m another team, I’d be in nickel or dime all day long bc our corpse are not good enough.

Mooney has to get a minimum of five passes thrown his way. The better wr’s get north of ten throws per game and they’re not always wide open. You have to trust that they will be or wil win the battle..

We need to throw a couple deep balls per game where when we get a one in one , fields takes his drop, holds the safety and then just throws it deep. Then hope our wr’s can make a play. The advantage is on offense if not only for the fact that penalties happen often on longer throws. Even if they’re not completed, it opens up some stuff.

I would rather try a modern offense instead of trying to get the most out of current QB. An attacking style offense would be great!

But we are stuck in the 80”s. I hate the play safe all game and hope for turnovers and that they penalize themselves out of position.

Playing not to lose is for losers! It may get the most out of this untalented team but it’s not great for morale as it shows no faith in the players.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah but he is hands down the best runner of the football at the QB position since Vick. And he is a better passer than Vick. So his overall ability at the QB position makes him a superstar.
Right, why I said as a passer. He has Batemen now too so finally a solid hands receiver

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Don’t think he’s a better passer than Vick.

Im also not married to that take. I‘m also not going to get into stats where Jackson has the advantage of playing in the most offensive centric era of the leagues history where it feels like half the QB’s put up numbers that would have been hall of fame worthy even 10 years ago.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
It is 2 games and yes I would still start him over Goff sorry. Would take an entire season of failure for me to reconsider and even then Goff is a dead end. No one thinks he is the answer at QB. Not even the Lions. Potential however slim will always trump known mediocrity or worse.
I would bet a lot of money that if we got Dan Campbell in a room with no recordings that he would admit that he would rather have the potential of Fields than a washed out Goff.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The fact of the matter is Fields has sucked ass, and is not, at this point, better than Goff. That is the fact, deal with it. Now as per the rest, it is pure speculation on your part, but why start a QB that at this point in his career is obviously inferior?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
If any of you think Fields would produce like Watson did with Watson's weapons yall are drunk.

He had his own problems beyomd the weapons. Sorry. It is 2 different issues. He needs better weapons but he needs yo be better regardless.
I never said he didn't have issues, I have already stated several times what I think is going on with ihim. To act like these guys who have succeeded weren't built around is ridiculous.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The fact of the matter is Fields has sucked ass, and is not, at this point, better than Goff. That is the fact, deal with it. Now as per the rest, it is pure speculation on your part, but why start a QB that at this point in his career is obviously inferior?
You miss the point though where everyone and their brother knows what Goff is. A noodle arm system QB that gets the deer in headlights look anytime the play does not go exactly as planned.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:

This is true!

But he more than likely will not win a super bowl but he most certainly can do it.

Fields isn’t Lamar nor is he the bruiser that Allen is…. I want a true qb! Id rather have an unathletic dude but a true QB.

There is way too much emphasis on athleticism for QB’s. In a perfect world your qb would be both but there are very few of those in the world at any one given time.

Point is that we had a 66% chance of getting the QB right in 2017 amd we went with the kid who had one year experience at the lesser of three programs, the weakest of arms between the three.

Until we get a great one and that’s a big if we seemed destined to have shitty qb’s thus no super bowls!

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You miss the point though where everyone and their brother knows what Goff is. A noodle arm system QB that gets the deer in headlights look anytime the play does not go exactly as planned.

Jared Goff
57.7 comp %
471 passing yds
6 Td's
1 int
100.1 rating

Justin Fields

53.6 comp %
191 passing yds
2 Td's
2 Int
69.2 rating

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I never said he didn't have issues, I have already stated several times what I think is going on with ihim. To act like these guys who have succeeded weren't built around is ridiculous.
Lol. Murray took over a 1 win team and ended up with 3700 yards his first year.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:

He’s still a better qb than Fields is and if not then why can’t we have a system that has our qb throw for 4000 yards?

I hate to say it but Fields has been out behind the 8ball this season and it could be poles plan to keep his options open so that he could draft a better player as he isn’t tied to Fields as he didn’t draft him.

But throwing the ball 11-15 times a game is playing not to lose, setting up to probably be playing from behind at the end of games thus adding pressure to him.

Expectations should have been tempered but to expect 3800-4000 yards is not crazy as that is a little over 200 yards a game in the time of high powered offenses!!!

That’s pathetic.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol. Murray took over a 1 win team and ended up with 3700 yards his first year.
and then ? You have this weird fetish with yards btw. Don't mention Larry Fitzgerald, it's ok.