Reason for Optimism

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
They were not built around of out of the bat. Mark Andrews was not some known quantity when Jackson got there. Both were drafted in 2018 and Andrews was a 3rd rounder like VJJ. So cant pretend they surrounded him with all these studs. Murray didnt have Hopkins right away.

My point though is these are separate points. When someone talks about what Fields needs to do to be better the answer isnt to always deflect to he needs better weapons. We all know he will need better weapons eventually.

What I am concerned about is whether he works on the things independent of those weapons. On any given play there is a preferred result based on what is in front of you. The shitty weapons means the preferred result is usually going to be a check down or getting out of the pocket and making a play.

The lesson here is take what the D gives you. If that is a checkdown 70% of the time then so be it. Let those checkdowns show what they can do. The reality is the best QBs on the NFL the the ball down a down and wait for the D to fuck up to attack downfield.

I'd like to know the stats of the 28 att where he has or could have had a check down and didn't take it/opted for a big play and either got sacked / incomplete.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Yes, I saw that then on rz.
Ok. Fair enough.

I respect that you have a lot of faith in Fields- that's fine. My opinion is different from yours. I don't want to do too much back and forth because it ends up swirling the toilet bowl.

We'll see how he does next week.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok. Fair enough.

I respect that you have a lot of faith in Fields- that's fine. My opinion is different from yours. I don't want to do too much back and forth because it ends up swirling the toilet bowl.

We'll see how he does next week.
My faith is wavering. Hoping he puts it together but I think they've already ruined him.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You asked me whether I would take Fields over Goff. I said no and gave my reasons. You like to change the subject a lot. I dont think thr Lions or Bears are winning the SB this year so I would not waste a year running Goff our there. Sorry.
You, being you, changed the narrative, when it was quite clear my intent was to say Goff will be better than Fields this year. if the intent is to actually win games, then you start your best player, correct? Spare me the "well you would start Fields because he has potential" argument. It is another discussion all together. And, if the purpose is to give Fields experience, what the fuck is that dip shit coach of yours doing?

Goff >Fields
And right now it isn't even close.

Now, do you want to revisit your Mooney over Amon argument? I suspect not.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A QB that's three times thrown for more yards in a season than any QB in Bears history? A much better QB than Fields at this point?

Agreed.

Yes and the team that drafted him gave up on him because he lost a SB where the other team scored 13. They then promptly won the SB without him.

The goal isnt to have a QB that you have to drag to the playoffs so they can cost you a SB.

There is literally zero value on playong Goff on the Lions or Bears. Neither is SB worthy and best he can do is turn you into Lovie's Bears ie good enough to hang around the playoff race but never good enough to be a real contender.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes and the team that drafted him gave up on him because he lost a SB where the other team scored 13. They then promptly won the SB without him.

The goal isnt to have a QB that you have to drag to the playoffs so they can cost you a SB.

There is literally zero value on playong Goff on the Lions or Bears. Neither is SB worthy and best he can do is turn you into Lovie's Bears ie good enough to hang around the playoff race but never good enough to be a real contender.
By that narrative, Packers should have dumped Rodgers after he lost to San Fran in the playoffs.............
As a matter of fact, I guess every QB that has lost in the SB should be dumped?
But hey, you be you, and enjoy your 7/11 70 yd QB

is that where they got him? 7-11?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If Fields would have done what Murray did yesterday on those 4th down plays, this board would be drowning in cum.

He did that last week and you had a thread saying honestly he wasnt that good. Referring to putting team on back.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
By that narrative, Packers should have dumped Rodgers after he lost to San Fran in the playoffs.............
As a matter of fact, I guess every QB that has lost in the SB should be dumped?
But hey, you be you, and enjoy your 7/11 70 yd QB

is that where they got him? 7-11?

Rodgers has won a SB stupid and the team wins because of him not despite him. Goff got carried to the playoffs. He did not carry them.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rodgers has won a SB stupid and the team wins because of him not despite him. Goff got carried to the playoffs. He did not carry them.
pretty sure he had more yds passing that year than any Bears QB ever has.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Amon St. Brown or Mooney?
LOL, avoiding that one aren't you.
So typical Remy.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
He did that last week and you had a thread saying honestly he wasnt that good. Referring to putting team on back.
I'm sorry but did you see the MULTIPLE plays Murray made down the stretch of that game? The one where he shakes the defender off him while in the grasp and then spins out and runs like 50 yards to me was alone better than the TD Fields had to a wide open Pettis.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

The Bears were a real contender in 2006.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
For the Bears to be successful on offense, the OL has to be solidified. And right now it's not

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'd like to know the stats of the 28 att where he has or could have had a check down and didn't take it/opted for a big play and either got sacked / incomplete.

Watch JT QB review. He is usally pretty good at pointing out when Fields misses reads.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts: