Reasonable & comprehensive article on all QB options available. SI

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Free Agent Starters

Mitchell Trubisky , Dak Prescott , Philip Rivers , Jameis Winston , Ryan Fitzpatrick , Andy Dalton, Jacoby Brissette , Tyrod Taylor , Cam Newton , Joe Flacco

Analysis: Pro Football Focus ranks Trubisky as the eighth-best available free-agent quarterback. PFF's dislike of Trubisky has to be taken into account. They've never liked him. Several other analysts put him between third and fifth best.

Tells you all you need to know about Mitch. They provide a list containing 2 legit starters, 1 bound to be tagged by Dallas and the other in the final stage of his career, and then add Mitch. It's a 3 dog race and Mitch comes in eighth. LMAO!

greg23

Liked Posts:
Did this dipshit watch football this year???

All those words, all those tiers, all those options and.....Cam fuking Newton is our best option????

I mean he would fit with the pace BHVWGHC shit show but what an awful suggestion.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
As long as we're aiming low, CJ Beathard and Gardner Minshew are better than Trubisky. (I don't know if I truly believe that, but fuck it.) Hell, Taylor Heinicke probably is as well, although no one had ever heard of the fucking guy until 10 days ago.

Am I doing it right?

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I think Tyrod would be a nice gap solution, but maybe I am bias after seeing Trubisky play against good competition and never really beating anyone. The reality is the only QB that has any play making ability is Winston, but Nagy and Pace are on the hot seat (like the article mentioned) so he is not going to be an option.

The reality Trubisky and Foles are both the best BACKUP options in the league, but neither are going to win you much.

I'm going to predict that they are going forward with Foles as the starter with the concept of improving the O-line. They will take a shot at one of the QBs in the draft, but I do not have any idea if they will trade up or back or stay put. Problem with that is the rookie will be the backup and likely asked to step in when Foles begins to play poorly or gets hurt (too early).

I'm not sure I see a clear path to fixing the QB position without trading up, I'm not interested in trading up for anyone other than Wilson.

Stay put for Jones, if that is who they are looking at.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Pace looking at Tyrod Taylor:

View attachment 9862
Nagy looking at Taylor:
O5vB9x3Bn8UObQdZrU1KgTNEXXFkgTx0BPM785Zup35WHfcg73_OA3LJOMmIQb6dcCt4LZIVV0QEmcoKe7xS5PKh3CxBd0E

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think Tyrod would be a nice gap solution, but maybe I am bias after seeing Trubisky play against good competition and never really beating anyone. The reality is the only QB that has any play making ability is Winston, but Nagy and Pace are on the hot seat (like the article mentioned) so he is not going to be an option.

The reality Trubisky and Foles are both the best BACKUP options in the league, but neither are going to win you much.

I'm going to predict that they are going forward with Foles as the starter with the concept of improving the O-line. They will take a shot at one of the QBs in the draft, but I do not have any idea if they will trade up or back or stay put. Problem with that is the rookie will be the backup and likely asked to step in when Foles begins to play poorly or gets hurt (too early).

I'm not sure I see a clear path to fixing the QB position without trading up, I'm not interested in trading up for anyone other than Wilson.

Jones is not getting consistently great draft reports. A couple of sites have him as a 3rd/4th. It will be interesting to see where he ends up as some do have him in the late 1st as well.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Trading up is the worst thing the Bears could do.
Trading down would make more sense.
I feel like Jones is the next Jay Cutler, only worse. He will not make it in the NFL. it’s hard work, not like his residency at Alabama. If we draft Jones, in my opinion, we will be right back to where we are now in 2 years.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Jones is not getting consistently great draft reports. A couple of sites have him as a 3rd/4th. It will be interesting to see where he ends up as some do have him in the late 1st as well.
I can see a 4th.

I feel bad for any team that needs a quarterback and drafts him in the first round.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel like Jones is the next Jay Cutler, only worse. He will not make it in the NFL. it’s hard work, not like his residency at Alabama. If we draft Jones, in my opinion, we will be right back to where we are now in 2 years.
His weak arm talent reminds you of Cutler?

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Nothing about Jones reminds me of Cutler.....Jones does not have that kind of arm strength, and while he has a great situation, he preformed well in that system, and played against the BEST teams in all of college.

I want to be clear here....I am not beating the table for Jones, because I think he will be another good backup/fringe starter at the NFL Level

He will be in the Senior Bowl and if he performs well again, it will be enough in my opinion to have him taken in the 1st round by someone, and it would not surprise me if the Bears Owners told Pace he can only work within the draft picks that are available this year.

For Pace a rookie QB like Jones could buy him a couple more years.... like you said that does nothing to fix the position, I just a fan trying to predict what the Bears might do....

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Sounds like Trubisky will be affordable, but what's the point? Bears need some fresh bodies at the position. Cam would be a disaster so not sure what the author is thinking on that one. If the Bears do go the vet FA route - Brissette would be the most intriguing to me.

Personally, I'd prefer to just plan on starting Foles and draft a QB that doesn't involve having to trade up for. The only QB worthy of trading up for not named Lawrence would be Wilson and I think that's going to be to much. Use the draft/FA to build up the OL. 2021 is going to be brutal for the Bears so might as well focus on solidifying some positions. Go into 2022 with Trask/Jones/Lance as QB1 and depending on Bears draft position, take another QB. Fuck it. Bears have to start taking shots on guys until they find one.

ErinAndrewsPeephole

Liked Posts:
Sounds like Trubisky will be affordable, but what's the point? Bears need some fresh bodies at the position. Cam would be a disaster so not sure what the author is thinking on that one. If the Bears do go the vet FA route - Brissette would be the most intriguing to me.

Personally, I'd prefer to just plan on starting Foles and draft a QB that doesn't involve having to trade up for. The only QB worthy of trading up for not named Lawrence would be Wilson and I think that's going to be to much. Use the draft/FA to build up the OL. 2021 is going to be brutal for the Bears so might as well focus on solidifying some positions. Go into 2022 with Trask/Jones/Lance as QB1 and depending on Bears draft position, take another QB. Fuck it. Bears have to start taking shots on guys until they find one.

I agree with this. Take as many swings as possible at the QB position. Even if you feel good about Trask/Jones/Lance...keep swinging every draft year.