Reasonable & comprehensive article on all QB options available. SI

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
We should have signed Winston this past offseason instead of trading picks for Foles.

If he's available for dirt cheap again, he seems like easily the best choice among a list of underwhelming options.

Of course, Winston could go up in flames, but at least he has actual arm talent.

He got lasik surgery. He came into the TB game and promptly fired a Td. He can probably take advantage of Mooney's speed on deep routes. And he has leadership qualities

mecha

Liked Posts:
not suggesting getting him, but what happened to Kizer? I still find it weird the Browns punted on him after 1 season, though it wound up being the right move, they vastly improved with Mayfield.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Out of that list...give me Winston....well possible ones that come cheap that is

Phibbulous

Thread Killer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Toronto Maple Leafs
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I would take Winston over Trubisky. Slightly less awful is still better than the wtf awful that Trubisky offers.

BigUglyBear

Liked Posts:
He got lasik surgery. He came into the TB game and promptly fired a Td. He can probably take advantage of Mooney's speed on deep routes. And he has leadership qualities
Leadership qualities? C'mon man. He has a ton of arm talent, and the lasik is an interesting development, but he has shown zero leadership qualities at the NFL level, other than leading in interceptions thrown and maybe pick sixes.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
not suggesting getting him, but what happened to Kizer? I still find it weird the Browns punted on him after 1 season, though it wound up being the right move, they vastly improved with Mayfield.

Kizer needed about 3 years of development before playing. Problem is he started the majority of the games on of the worst teams of all time combined with one of the worst head coaches of all time. Kid never had a chance

Also, he had some maturity issues. Was not well liked or respected by his teammates at ND as well.

21primetime

Liked Posts:
Bear fans are so fooked. There isn’t a decent option available. And Pace and the his clownshow coaching staff somehow survived.
2021 gonna be an awful train wreck.
I’ve heard the 2022 QB class sux. Is there absolutely nothing in 22?
The 2022 draft class is ok it depends on if rattler and Sam Howell declare phil jurkovec and JT Daniels will move up around this time next year too

mecha

Liked Posts:
Kizer needed about 3 years of development before playing. Problem is he started the majority of the games on of the worst teams of all time combined with one of the worst head coaches of all time. Kid never had a chance

Also, he had some maturity issues. Was not well liked or respected by his teammates at ND as well.

I mean, we may think we had it bad with Trubisky, which probably wouldn't have been so bad if he too was drafted in the 2nd round and didn't require shuffling like 4 picks for a trade up 1 spot, but that's pretty bad to go from starter, to gone, to practice squad in 3 years.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Leadership qualities? C'mon man. He has a ton of arm talent, and the lasik is an interesting development, but he has shown zero leadership qualities at the NFL level, other than leading in interceptions thrown and maybe pick sixes.

Well how many Tds did he throw and how many yards? Plus back then he couldn't half see. When one is near sighted things get blurring. Other Qb's have thrown way more ints. than Winston.

I've never seen him in a situation where his teammates didn't rally around him. That's called leadership. When he came in to the TB game and fired the Td and came back to bench ALL the players were congratulating him and gravitating to him. That's called leadership and charisma.

Heck....when jay was here players never came around him. Anytime I saw jay, he was literally standing alone on the sidelines.

Last edited:

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Well how many Tds did he throw and how many yards? Plus back then he couldn't half see. When one is near sighted things get blurring. Other Qb's have thrown way more ints. than Winston.

I've never seen him in a situation where his teammates didn't rally around him. That's called leadership. We he came in to the TB game and fired the Td and came back to bench ALL the players were congratulating him and gravitating to him. That's called leadership and charisma.

Heck....when jay was here players never came around him. Anytime I saw jay, he was literally standing alone on the sidelines.
Thats not leadership. Jameis is the furthest thing from a leader to this point in his career.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
That FA list is terrible. The way I see it, the Bears have to make a trade for a vet. The last thing you do is bring a rookie in to "learn" under the visor. Watson, Carr, or Ryan. That would be my list of priorities in order.

Foles/Mitch are backups. It would be crazy to go into next season with a backup QB as your starter. AGAIN....

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And eating W's

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I've never seen him in a situation where his teammates didn't rally around him. That's called leadership. When he came in to the TB game and fired the Td and came back to bench ALL the players were congratulating him and gravitating to him. That's called leadership and charisma.

Thats not leadership. Jameis is the furthest thing from a leader to this point in his career.

Ok....I say leadership starts with players liking and rallying around a Qb. Next is believing in the Qb.
I saw that "belief factor" and player excitement in the TB playoff game when on one play he threw a Td. Heck.....the game might've ended differently had he stayed in. They should've kept him in.

But how do u define Qb leadership? What are your examples?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
taylor isnt a bad option.

You're right this guy gets overlooked. He's a smart, steady-eddy type Qb. He doesn't hurt ya with a lotta stupid mistakes.
He's had some bad breaks in his career. Most recently getting lung punctured by an incompetent team doc, hence losing his starting job.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I would take Winston over Trubisky. Slightly less awful is still better than the wtf awful that Trubisky offers.
Define slightly less awful.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I prefer my quarterback to have never been beaten out of the starting job by another quarterback

is that too much to ask.

Karensman

Liked Posts:
Didn't he also get arrested for shoplifting ? I think it was seafood , crab legs perhaps ?

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
they ran a gimmick play that the Tampa did not defend.
He threw 30 ints and 7 pick sixes in one season of football.
I think after the 20th INT and 4th pick,six...I think his leadership qualities were the least of what the Buccaneers needed