Reasonable expectations for Gervon Dexter in year 1

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Just want to see the overall n tone of the board on expectations for the first year DT.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I think that rookies need to show effort and an understanding of their assignments to be considered successful draft picks. This year should be about setting up expectations and showing off the traits that will make him successful. So I expect him to be a high effort player in the rotation, and I expect him to be disciplined in his lane.

I have hope that he will be violent in the middle; any DT that can collapse the pocket would be a breath of fresh air. Anyone that can eat up the cutback lane would be welcome. Any play in the backfield will be great, really.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
As he is yet to sign, I expect a protracted holdout with demands of an Aaron Donald deal, likely orchestrated by St. Omni. He will then come in Eddie Goldman fat and lazy, sit out a COVID year then retire.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just want to see the overall n tone of the board on expectations for the first year DT.
I don't expect him to be in the starting rotation right off - but I would expect him to be one of the starting DT's by mid season.

- The earlier he starts, the better his talent would indicate. If we have injuries and it happens by default that would have to be taken into account on his progress-

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I don't have much expectations in terms of getting pressure on the QB. I don't really every have high expectations for rookie pass rushers. It usually takes them a few years to get rolling. All I want to see is Dexter getting starting snaps and flashing every now and then in rush defense. That's really his bread and butter, making tackles on RBs within a few yards of LOS.