Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
These guys were so excited about taking 3 of 4 from the Twins, they forgot they still had to play out the season.

Robert - Great prospect but he has to get a clue about discipline in his approach and have a basic understanding of the strike zone. He can’t square mistakes right now either.

Abreu - He’s a class act and has been a stud all year. He should be the AL MVP.

Ricky - He’ll need to up his game in the playoffs. His decision to bring in Rodon last night was one of the most baffling things I’ve seen this year in all of Baseball.

Bummer - It is awesome having this guy back. His stuff is filthy and he has the late inning mindset a reliever has to have to be successful.

Crochet - So far his stuff is as impressive as advertised. His development will be exciting to watch for all Sox fans.

Moncada - He’s struggled this year but I have a feeling he turns it on in the playoffs. The triples the last two nights may have started him on the way back.

Edwin - He sucks. Just turn it over to Vaughn. There is no reason other than service time that we should be subjected to his instant out performances.

Cease - Please learn how to command your pitches. He has the stuff to be a number 1 but his control is atrocious.

Rodon - He can’t stay healthy and he’s actually pretty mediocre when he is on the field. Not a great return considering his draft slot...

Eloy - The Cubs are going to regret this trade for a long time.

Hopefully, they make a run in the playoffs. When you look at that bullpen now, it appears to be a difference making strength.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Agree on this, also very encouraged by Dunning's work this year. He has classic middle of the rotation stuff and lots of polish given his experience.

I would think about playing Engel in right a bit more, although Mazara has been better the last couple weeks.

Mccann has really cooled off the last week.

Encarnacion is just not what this team needs. Can't even bother to try a hit a ball to RF with runners on second and third and one out up 2-1 in the 7th last night. That dude's approach is trash.

Renteria should be fired.

I don't think their starting pitching and plate discipline are good enough for a playoff run, unless a few more guys get really hot.

If you split the first two in the first round, who do you even send out for game three? I'd say Dunning but that could go either way.

The Sox have been kinda bum slaying this year, not very good against better teams.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ricky - He’ll need to up his game in the playoffs. His decision to bring in Rodon last night was one of the most baffling things I’ve seen this year in all of Baseball.

I had the exact same reaction and I think Stone and Benneti did as well.

Bases loaded.... important game against a division rival who is nipping at your heels?

You bring in Carlos Rodon who hasn't had a relief appearance in 5 years, and hasn't thrown a competitive pitch in many months?

It was like he gave up the walk off to Gio Gonzalez and thought "It can't backfire TWICE..."

Of all the times in all the games to experiment with starters/former starters in relief roles, why in the fuck would you do it when the game is on the line?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Couple questions:
1. Who goes in a game 3? I think it's gotta be Lopez. Cease and Dunning have fallen apart and Lopez has been ok.

2. Where is Crochet going to be next year? Let him get some work as a starter in the minors for a few months and see where he's at or right to the bullpen in the majors?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Couple questions:
1. Who goes in a game 3? I think it's gotta be Lopez. Cease and Dunning have fallen apart and Lopez has been ok.

2. Where is Crochet going to be next year? Let him get some work as a starter in the minors for a few months and see where he's at or right to the bullpen in the majors?

I would have said Dunning but I think tomorrow‘s outing by Lopez will be the decider.

Crochet should stay in the majors. They can decide whether he’s a starter or closer in spring training.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I would have said Dunning but I think tomorrow‘s outing by Lopez will be the decider.

Crochet should stay in the majors. They can decide whether he’s a starter or closer in spring training.
1. Same. Dunning has really struggled against decent lineups.
2. I'd put him at AAA as a starter at first. I think they will resign Colome to close. Bring him up at some point either late pen or starter if he really excels.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
1. Same. Dunning has really struggled against decent lineups.
2. I'd put him at AAA as a starter at first. I think they will resign Colome to close. Bring him up at some point either late pen or starter if he really excels.

I just don’t think Crochet is going to the minors unless he doesn’t pitch well in the playoffs. I think every player on the team would think that management is crazy if they do that. Also, it would be a mental blow to the player. If he proves he belongs, he should stay on the big club no matter what. He will have earned it.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just don’t think Crochet is going to the minors unless he doesn’t pitch well in the playoffs. I think every player on the team would think that management is crazy if they do that. Also, it would be a mental blow to the player. If he proves he belongs, he should stay on the big club no matter what. He will have earned it.

I think that Crochet will play winter ball if that is allowed to happen in baseball and try to build up strength to start. His future will be as a starter. I think that Huerer will be the closer of the future after Colome is done. They'll probably use Huerer as the set-up man for Colome next year with Bummer and Foster as key guys also.