Record after the Bye Week

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Most of our Bye Weeks have been in the middle of the season.

Here's the record of our team after the bye:

- John Fox 0-2

- Marc Trestman 0-1

- Lovie Smith 2-6

Fox:
- John Fox with Carolina 5-5

- John Fox with Denver 4-0

I don't have time to see home games after the bye. And against GB. How confident are you that we win against the Packers with a Backup QB based on those records?

Seems like we just aren't prepared after the bye and beat ourselves. And Fox in Denver did have Manning there most of his tenure.

And, who do you think will win?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Someone correct me, but the “advantage” of the bye seems overstated. You don’t actually get extra practice time because there’s no official practice and most guys take the week away from the facilities. So the only real advantage might be it gives you time to rest and recover, not actual extra prep time unless you take the time on your own.

I do think a good coach coming out of the bye can make a big difference, because obviously he actually is taking extra time to specifically prepare, but unless you’ve got a very good/great coach, I’m not sure that makes much of a difference.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Most of our Bye Weeks have been in the middle of the season.

Here's the record of our team after the bye:

- John Fox 0-2

- Marc Trestman 0-1

- Lovie Smith 2-6

Fox:
- John Fox with Carolina 5-5

- John Fox with Denver 4-0

I don't have time to see home games after the bye. And against GB. How confident are you that we win against the Packers with a Backup QB based on those records?

Seems like we just aren't prepared after the bye and beat ourselves. And Fox in Denver did have Manning there most of his tenure.

And, who do you think will win?

The records of what Lovie Smith or Trestman has done matters nothing at all this weekend against the Packers....

and Trestman was 1-1 ....he won against Green Bay in 2013

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Someone correct me, but the “advantage” of the bye seems overstated. You don’t actually get extra practice time because there’s no official practice and most guys take the week away from the facilities. So the only real advantage might be it gives you time to rest and recover, not actual extra prep time unless you take the time on your own.

I do think a good coach coming out of the bye can make a big difference, because obviously he actually is taking extra time to specifically prepare, but unless you’ve got a very good/great coach, I’m not sure that makes much of a difference.

Like Andy Reid. We need to find that coach. Dave Toub is who I want.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
7-1
Positive-Thinking.jpg