Relax, guys...

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Dick J. spewing truth. Year 1 of a rebuild always looks bad.

The true test of a GM is drafting pass rushers and a QB. Poles will do both the next 2 drafts and we will see what we have.
Or maybe he should do what previous GMs haven't done and focus on building the oline, so that we can have an actual offense.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think we have seen progress from Justin Fields from Game 1 to now. Every little bit helps.

But his progress isn't fast enough for some of you. I understand being impatient.

But keep in mind that outside of Mooney, he has no help. Just look at Aaron Rodgers this season.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
For as bad as the Bears have looked in games, they haven't been blown out yet and were basically in every game. Last year we all saw the same things with the Vikings, but they were usually the one losing the games. This year, they win those games. Hoping they improve the team enough to take that step in 2023.

Now, if they chase after a new QB and it all gets rebooted again, then I was really be pissed.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Based off our soft schedule, a new offensive playcaller, and a hopefully improving young Franchice QB I thouught 7-8 wins would be the floor. Even Vegas had us at 6.5 wins. In recent history we beat teams like the Commanders and Giants consistently. So it's a bit of a let down for me so far.

Yet, the losses aren't as frustrating as the lack of a passing game. How are we supposed to develop and evaluate Fields with the supporting cast we have? And to assume it will get better in the offseason isn't a given...not even close. I'm afraid we have so much money we are going to over pay for a mediocre receiver of just not get anyone since the market is looking bare. It likely will make more sense to go defense. The draft isn't as deep at wr as some want to try and hype it up to be either. Hopefully I'm wrong.

But even then, that's just the immediate short term. And we will be much improved next season. I'm just concerned we could go the next two seasons and never be able to provide Fields a legitimate supporting cast or a legit #1 receiver. It only takes one play to lose him for the season...and then all he'll would break loose.
Look at it this way, as bummed we all were to see them losing to Washington and the Giants, the Packers were touted as a Superbowl contender and they also lost to both and looked even worse doing it.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look at it this way, as bummed we all were to see them losing to Washington and the Giants, the Packers were touted as a Superbowl contender and they also lost to both and looked even worse doing it.

Bingo.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been quiet on here because of all the negativity here on CSS. The negativity isn't anything new, though.

What drives me nuts is that we KNEW this would be a bad team. We KNEW there would be growing pains here and there. We KNEW we have shitty talent around Justin Fields. We KNEW we were in a tough spot because of limited draft capital and cap space. We KNEW it was going to be an overall rough year because of the house cleaning.

With that being said, just enjoy the positives. Like, Jenkins is looking like a stud at RG. That's awesome and one piece for the future. We have a great running game. The team plays hard and fights like hell to win. Games are close. We could easily be 4-2 or whatever.

So, try to relax, enjoy the rest of the season, find the positives. The upcoming off-season will be fun. All that cap space and back to having a regular amount of draft picks will help a lot. Also, we will know which one of these 1-year-contract guys will be the ones to stick around or not. Maybe we'll find a gem, maybe not. Just enjoy.

Good things are coming in the future.
Said this more than once... I think I'm just not respected enough. XD

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
True, I do take solace in that.