Remember when Mayfield was a bust?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Browns saved up a ton of draft capital, spent it all at once and they still sucked. Instead of going along with fans blaming players they went with Occam's Razor.

Bears aren't quite there with the talent but we have enough to expect more. We just went through one high prospect, blamed him, got a similar high prospect with similar abilities and more talent only to see a bigger flop. We've had multiple vets flop and while I don't really give a crap about finding a good vet, they don't flop like they do in Chicago.
We can worry about the oline and WRs when the time comes, but now is the time to hold Nagy accountable.

Look at the names and what a difference the HC made.
Browns fire Freddie Kitchens after just one season

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Weird, i thought he broke the rookie TD record. Anyway, I heard Kitchens was a horrible collaborator.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Weird, i thought he broke the rookie TD record. Anyway, I heard Kitchens was a horrible collaborator.

Weird, I thought records didn't matter according to Orton, Cutler or Trubisky and it's all about Ws and Ls.

Actually I was going by Browns fans (they were saying bust as soon as he hit the field). They had all this talent, what else could it be? Well sometimes your HC just sucks and won't get out of the way.

With as close as Nagy can get and how much better Lazor was we know our problem.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Mayfield's going to get $40+ mil/yr, and then the Browns are going to regret it Goff-style.

Everyone knows this is true.

Mayfield is a decent QB, but he's not elite level. Guy will get top 3 QB money when he's probably not even top 10.

Thats how you destroy your team for the future, but what other option do the browns have?

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never thought Mayfield was a bust or even a bad player. I thought he was the correct choice for the browns and still think so.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Kind of agree on Mayfield. NFL just hypes up QBs. Wants everyone to be great.

He has a very good defense and a great running game. That's a good position to succeed.

Liked Posts:
Everyone knows this is true.

Mayfield is a decent QB, but he's not elite level. Guy will get top 3 QB money when he's probably not even top 10.

Thats how you destroy your team for the future, but what other option do the browns have?
Browns are so damn good on every level, that they could probably get a journeyman QB on the market to do the same job that Mayfield's doing. They'll of course offer a preposterous amount of $ to Mayfield, but yeah everyone can see where this is going.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
I watched Mayfield make last minute comebacks on my UT Vols a few times and it drove me nuts. He may not have eye popping abilities but the dude knows how to win.

That said, I laughed when the Browns drafted but that's because I have family in OH.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Over Josh Allen?
I think both of them wound up where they needed to be. We didn't need to see Freddie Kitchens coaching Josh Allen.