Remove the best player from each team

BMR31

Liked Posts:
No other changes. Assume the season is played in full. Who would win the next championship?

:dunno:

Boston?

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. :)

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No doubt about it...Memphis. They made a helluva run w/out their best player (Gay) last season.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Roughly:

1. Boston
2. Atlanta
3. Miami
4. New York
5. Philadelphia
6. Milwaukee
7. Indiana
8. Chicago
9. Orlando
10. Cleveland
11. New Jersey
12. Washington
13. Toronto
14. Charlotte
15. Detroit

1. Memphis
2. Dallas
3. L.A. Lakers
4. San Antonio
5. Portland
6. Denver
7. Oklahoma City
8. Phoenix
9. Houston
10. Minnesota
11. Utah
12. Golden State
13. L.A. Clippers
14. Sacramento
15. New Orleans

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i'm tempted to move philly over ny

take out stoudemire and that team is bottom seed in the playoffs even with all the other teams losing their best player(yes stoudemire is the best player on the team not melo)

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i'm tempted to move philly over ny

take out stoudemire and that team is bottom seed in the playoffs even with all the other teams losing their best player(yes stoudemire is the best player on the team not melo)

I took off Melo and it was a tough call between NY and PHI. I think either guy (Anthony or Stoudemire) could be construed as the best player on that team.

Young is a stellar replacement for Iguodala. But there would not be a go-to guy on that team that could get it done.

BMR31

Liked Posts:
Roughly:

1. Boston
2. Atlanta
3. Miami
4. New York
5. Philadelphia
6. Milwaukee
7. Indiana
8. Chicago
9. Orlando
10. Cleveland
11. New Jersey
12. Washington
13. Toronto
14. Charlotte
15. Detroit

1. Memphis
2. Dallas
3. L.A. Lakers
4. San Antonio
5. Portland
6. Denver
7. Oklahoma City
8. Phoenix
9. Houston
10. Minnesota
11. Utah
12. Golden State
13. L.A. Clippers
14. Sacramento
15. New Orleans

Looking at those rankings, you can see why Rose was mvp.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looking at those rankings, you can see why Rose was mvp.

To me, Dwight Howard, Dirk Nowitzki, and Chris Paul were the only other people who had business in the same conversation as Rose for MVP.

All of the people who say LeBron James was robbed leave me shaking my head.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
No other changes. Assume the season is played in full. Who would win the next championship?

:dunno:

Boston?
Good post...such a mindbender.....I would have to agree with my son BMR31..I raised him right....Boston to me has the most options and depth without there best player.

:derbulls::oj:

BMR31

Liked Posts:
Good post...such a mindbender.....I would have to agree with my son BMR31..I raised him right....Boston to me has the most options and depth without there best player.

:derbulls::oj:

With some teams, the debate becomes, WHO is their best player? I am assuming you are taking Rondo off Boston? Or pierce?

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I'd say Garnett is Boston's best player.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
To me, Dwight Howard, Dirk Nowitzki, and Chris Paul were the only other people who had business in the same conversation as Rose for MVP.

All of the people who say LeBron James was robbed leave me shaking my head.

i'd still say that lebron was arguably the best player in the game this year

but if you're looking at impact team wise with miami already having two other stars and the adjusting period the heat went through...i dont think he should have won the MVP this year...chris paul i dont think should be in the convo because he and new orleans had a down year although he is a huge impact on the team as seen by what he did to the lakers(although they dont have a good PG that can matchup with paul..still..)

if anything, dwight howard was probably the one to really challenge rose for most VALUABLE player...lebron might be behind dwight as well

oh and the philadelphia team is rising with young talent like young,holiday,turner, and also having veterans like elton brand who can still do damage..

new york isnt that deep at all especially with the trade for melo...they have a couple of decent guys but billups,melo,and stoudemire are the big 3

take away stoudemire(seriously i think he's the best player on the team....good inside outside...not a bad defender either imo...you saw his impact from day one in new york)..melo has always seemed like a volume guy(not that he isnt good but he has never been committed to both ends of the floor)

so you have melo,aging billups, then what..landry fields and tony douglas?

not that i think the knicks wouldnt make the playoffs in this hypothetical..but im not 100% sold they would be better than the 76ers

you dont always need a go to guy to be a good team imo...plus i think jrue holiday is really developing into that kind of player

Last edited:

BMR31

Liked Posts:
i'd still say that lebron was arguably the best player in the game this year

but if you're looking at impact team wise with miami already having two other stars and the adjusting period the heat went through...i dont think he should have won the MVP this year...chris paul i dont think should be in the convo because he and new orleans had a down year although he is a huge impact on the team as seen by what he did to the lakers(although they dont have a good PG that can matchup with paul..still..)

if anything, dwight howard was probably the one to really challenge rose for most VALUABLE player...lebron might be behind dwight as well

oh and the philadelphia team is rising with young talent like young,holiday,turner, and also having veterans like elton brand who can still do damage..

new york isnt that deep at all especially with the trade for melo...they have a couple of decent guys but billups,melo,and stoudemire are the big 3

take away stoudemire(seriously i think he's the best player on the team....good inside outside...not a bad defender either imo...you saw his impact from day one in new york)..melo has always seemed like a volume guy(not that he isnt good but he has never been committed to both ends of the floor)

so you have melo,aging billups, then what..landry fields and tony douglas?

not that i dont think the knicks wouldnt make the playoffs in this hypothetical..but im not 100% sold they would be better than the 76ers

you dont always need a go to guy to be a good team imo...plus i think jrue holiday is really developing into that kind of player

I'd agree. Rose was MVP for sure, but i still think Lebron is a better player. A quitter, yes. But still better.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
With some teams, the debate becomes, WHO is their best player? I am assuming you are taking Rondo off Boston? Or pierce?

Who would you put in place of Peirce? I would go with Jeff Green..assuming that Rondo is the best player then would you start Carlos Arroyo or Delonte West??:dunno:

BMR31

Liked Posts:
Who would you put in place of Peirce? I would go with Jeff Green..assuming that Rondo is the best player then would you start Carlos Arroyo or Delonte West??:dunno:

Eh to me Rondo is their best player as well as their biggest loss, if hes gone. When i picked Boston as my winner, i had Rondo gone. In this scenario, with all teams losing their best player, i really feel Bostons vets would take them all the way.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Eh to me Rondo is their best player as well as their biggest loss, if hes gone. When i picked Boston as my winner, i had Rondo gone. In this scenario, with all teams losing their best player, i really feel Bostons vets would take them all the way.

Yeah but I asked who would you start in Rondos place.....:beerbang:

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

honestly i think its pretty close right now between rondo,pierce,and garnett

obviously pierce and garnett have gone the opposite direction overall production wise compared to rondo..but rondo still needs to really develop a solid game shooting wise as well as getting to the cup..although his playmaking ability as a distributor is unquestionable as well as the fact that he's a very good defender

garnett has always seemed like the guy with the biggest impact in that he's a leader and a feared defender in the paint who can still rebound and score with his inside-outside ability...boston seems to really miss those intangibles he brings when he's out...

pierce is also another leader and the go to scorer on the team...balanced overall offensively but also aging

if we're looking at the BEST player on the team..it might be rondo

though i could argue garnett has the bigger impact overall

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Well never the less, whether bostons best player is Rondo, peirce or Garnett, bottom line in my book is Boston would win because they have enough veteran leaders and a deep enough line up to adjust and hold there ground..And strong will.....

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well never the less, whether bostons best player is Rondo, peirce or Garnett, bottom line in my book is Boston would win because they have enough veteran leaders and a deep enough line up to adjust and hold there ground..And strong will.....

completely agree...although garnett does have a significant impact on the team and his loss would be felt by the celtics..i feel in a hypothetical such as this that boston would fare very,very well in that they still have 3 high impact players in allen,pierce,and rondo and decent depth

while some teams rely alot on one impact star(like dallas,new orleans,orlando etc.)