Remydat Full Rebuild Mock Draft

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Full Rebuild Mock Offseason - All Vets Must Go
First I used dennehy’s mock as a base so go check that out. Left some of his commentary unchanged as didn't feel like rewriting it if it was still applicable.
Pre-Combine Mock Offseason

The premise here is that this is a full rebuild with 2023 to be the first year to really compete. I am not saying the Bears should do a full rebuild or that they 100% could make the trades below for the picks I suggest but just thought I would see how this team could be constructed if I did strip it all down. Bears start with roughly $40 million dollars and 30 players under contract. I've left out 13 guys with futures contracts who will likely be on the practice squad, bring the cap space up to $40.

Cuts:
Trevathan
($3.3mil cleared post June 1): he hasn't been the same since pre-pandemic and his cap hit, at $11m is just too large. An easy cut IMO

-Whitehair ($8.1 m cleared, post-June 1 cut): Thought about waiting until next year to cut him or trading him but in the end felt a June 1 cut was better to create cap space for this year.

-Attachou ($2.3m cleared): Easy call for #4 DE who is more of an OLB, and with Edwards able to take snaps at DE in this defense.

Total $13.7m cleared. Bears now have 27 players signed and $53.7 mil in cap space.

Trades:
Mack
(6.2 m cleared): Premise here is full rebuild so moving on for Mack. I thought about the Chargers and the Eagles as good fits as both need outside pass rush and both are likely close to contending in their eyes. Ended up going with the Eagles given they have 3 first rounds and so can get an elite pass rusher with their 3rd first rounder ie pick 19 and still have 2 first rounders to address other needs. Their cap situation is a little tighter and they may end up trading for a vet QB so if that happens then Chargers and pick 17 would be a back up. Either way think both would consider if if they feel Mack catapults them to playoff contention.

-Quinn ($4.4 m cleared): Another team that needs proven pass rush and has the picks to spare are the Jets who have 2 first rounders and 2 second rounds. So figured we trade Quinn for the 1st second rounder ie pick 35.

-Goldman ($6.7m cleared): Really not the best fit in a Cover 2 but may still have some value at a reasonable price. Jags have 4 sixth rounders and could use an experienced NT in a 3-4 as Caldwell will be running a Todd Bowles D. They also have a ton of cap space. So we give them Goldman for pick 178

Foles - (8m cleared) - Pederson is back with Jags and getting a backup QB that knows the system in Foles may have value. Willing to eat some salary here if we have to but I am trading him to Jags for one of their 7th rounds ie 232.

Monty (2.7m cleared) - This one may upset some people but he is a FA in 2023 and we are not trying to compete in 2022 so I would trade him to the Texans or Dolphins for a 3rd rounder. Lovie has stated he wants to run the ball but currently the Texans RBs suck. Dolphins could use a workhorse back to help Tua. I figure 80 may be too high for the Texans test so settle for Dolphins pick at 101.

Total $28m cleared. Bears now have 22 players signed and $81.7 mil in cap space.

Resignings:
The new regime is not the old regime, and none of the multiyear contract free agents are resigned. Resign Daniels (50m/5y, 20m gtd, 6 against the cap), Grant (3) James (1.5) Scales (1.5), Bush (1) Horstad (1.5) Burns (1) DHC (1) Bars, Mustipher, Simmons (2.5 total for the three restricted/ERFA players), Punter (1)

Total $21m spent and 34 players under contract 60.7m in cap space.

Players signed who count against the Bears comp picks:
Terron Armstead
LT ($100m/5y/$50m gtd) 15 against the cap. This is the one real splurge for the Bears. A fast and athletic WR who can stretch the defense, he fits in well with Fields. Chark sees this as an opportunity to draw many targets and a contract that allows him to stay in line for a real payday at a young age if he does well.

Christian Kirk WR ($27m/3y/$15gtd) 6 against the cap. Underrated guy that has speed to get deep but a bit more size than Mooney.

Bradley Bozeman C ($32m/4y/$18gtd) 5 against the cap. Obviously the Bears need a center. And as luck would have it this is a great crop of FA centers. Bozeman is a fringe top 10 center in the league and comes at a decent price.

Larry Ogunjobi 3tech ($15m/3y/$8gtd) 3 against the cap. Ogunjobi is one gap player who has had a solid career penetrating and causing havoc in offensive backfields for Cleveland and Cincinnati. He got injured late in the season, and BJ Hill emerged as a very good 3T for Cincinnati. As both are free agents the Bengals stick with Hill and Ogunjobi does at a slight discount because of the injury.

Anthony Walker MIKE ($11m/3y/$6gtd) 2.5 against the cap. To me this one is a no-brainer, he flourished under Eberflus and Williams in Indy and will not break the bank. Three down MIKE and Roq slides in at WILL. A very good duo.

Desmond King S/Nickel ($12m/3y/$6.5gtd) 2.5 against the cap. This guy seems to always get lost in the shuffle. He was severely underdrafted out of Iowa and has never gotten a real contract in the NFL despite versatility and consistent steady play. He slides right in at S with the ability to cover in the slot.

Total Spent: $34mil. Bears have 40 players signed and 26.7mil in cap space left

Players who don't count against comp picks:
Lucas Patrick
G ($5.5m/2y/$3gtd) 2.5 against the cap. Comes with Getsy after plugging in the last two years at G for the Packers. Solid player.

One year deals:
Mike Hughes CB ($2.5). Poles identifies a nice value signing here. Hughes quietly played well for KC in the slot. He looks to Chicago to bolster his value by getting more snaps and maybe getting some reps at outside corner.

Tyrod Taylor QB ($3m). Need a backup given the trade of Foles and so we get a guy that has a similar skill set and can be a mentor for Fields.

Zaire Franklin SAM/ST ($1.25). Franklin follows Eberflus from Indy a guy who can play the SAM in 4-3 and will be a core special teams player.

George Odum S ($1.25). Same as above, but as a safety.

Total spent: $10.5mil. Bears have 45 players under contract and 16.2 million in cap space.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
DRAFT
#19: Devonte Wyatt
- We use the draft pick in the Mack trade to get a prototypical 3-Tech fresh off a 4.77 40 yard dash and a guy described as a high effort player with an explosive first step.

#35: Boye Mafe - With Mack and Quinn both traded and Mafe one of the BPAs on the board, the Bears take a young passer rusher with an explosive first step and 4.53 speed to begin the process of replacing Mack and Quinn. Good fit for the HITS philosophy as his scouting report notes he plays with impressive.

TRADE #39 TO SAINTS FOR #49, #100 AND #234
#49: Christian Watson
- Big WR with excellent speed and explosiveness who can also be a plus blocker in the run game. The physicality he plays with again would be a great fit for what Poles and Eberflus are looking for.

#71: Dylan Parham - Given the desire for more nimble OL, Parham fits the bill as a slightly undersized but athletic IOL that can get to the 2nd level. Doesn’t have to start right away given what we did in FA but nice guy to develop longer term.

#100 Alec Pierce - Have the luxury of going BPA and that is Pierce here given his size/speed combo. Adding him would provides Fields with a WR roster of Mooney, Kirk, Watson, Pierce, Grant with Cohen also getting some time there as well.
Alec Pierce, WR, Cincinnati

#101 Chigoziem Okonkwo - Fastest TE in the draft and he was actually disappointed with his 4.52. Can play move TE, H-back and full back and is a beast after the catch. So Fields would have Kmet and James as the in-line TEs with Oko and Horsted serving as the move TEs.

#147 Dominique Robinson - Got another Edge player with a nice mix of speed, explosiveness and power given his 4.72 40, 25 bench reps which was 2nd for all DEs, 41 inch vertical which was tops for DEs and 10-1 broad which was top 10. Hasn’t really flashed all that athleticism on film but a nice developmental prospect with the speed and strength Eberflus is looking for.

#149 Braxton Jones - Long and mobile tackle prospect than can sit behind Armstead and Jenkins and develop.

#178 Josh Williams - Long and physical CB prospect that would be a nice fit for a Cover 2 and Cover 1 D which is what Eberflus likes to play. Has good ability to press and then transition into zone.

#184 Pierre Strong Jr. - Traded Monty so need another RB in the mix and Strong was the fastest RB at the combin with a 4.37 to go with a 36 inch vertical and 10-4 broad jump. Could be a nice complement to Herbert as the change of pace speed back.

#232 Amare Barno - Converted from inside LB to Edge and still very raw and inconsistent. Tape leaves a lot to be desired but his measurables are insane as he had the best 40 for Edge at a blazing 4.36, 37 inch vert which was 6th and best broad jump at 10-11. If these guy actually learns how to harness all that speed and explosion he could be a steal.
Amaré Barno, EDGE, Virginia Tech

#232 Ellis Brooks - Took a flyer on a bit of an undersized and raw LB who should have the kind of athletic traits Eberflus is looking for. Start him on special teams and the hope is he can develop into a starting MIKE at some point.
Ellis Brooks, LB, Penn State

Total spent: $7.5 mil. Bears have 53 players under contract and 8.7 million in cap space going into 2022.

Offense (26 players)
QB: Fields, Taylor

RB: Herbert, Cohen, Strong Jr (R)

TE: Kmet, James, Horsted, Okonkwo (R)

WR: Mooney, Kirk, Grant,Newsome, Watson (R), Pierce (R)

OL: Armstead (LT), Daniels (LG), Bozeman (C), Patrick (RG), Jenkins (RT) Borom, Bars, Mustipher, Simmons, Parnam (R), Jones (R)

Defense (27 players)
IDL: Blackson (1 tech), Ogunjobi (3T) Edwards, Tonga, Wyatt (R),

EDGE: Gipson, Mafe (R), Robinson (R), Barno (R), Snowden

LB: Roq (WILL), Walker (MIKE), Franklin (SAM) Caleb Johnson, Brooks (R)

CB: JJ, Hughes, Burns, Graham, Vildor, Shelley, Williams (R)

S: EJ, King, Bush, Odum, DHC

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
About the only thing I like about your offseason is armstead.

But I do appreciate the effort. Foles aint going no where. Not sure why people keep getting a rager to replace him.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I heard that denzel mims is available.

Would definitely take a flyer on him if he was released but draft is pretty deep at WR.
About the only thing I like about your offseason is armstead.

But I do appreciate the effort. Foles aint going no where. Not sure why people keep getting a rager to replace him.

Foles has no future here and Pederson may want help teaching his O to Lawrence. Also have enough money left over to eat some salary but it really really just about getting a pick from him. As it is a 7th rounder, no biggie either way if we kept Foles and just didn't bother signing Taylor.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Would definitely take a flyer on him if he was released but draft is pretty deep at WR.

Foles has no future here and Pederson may want help teaching his O to Lawrence. Also have enough money left over to eat some salary but it really really just about getting a pick from him. As it is a 7th rounder, no biggie either way if we kept Foles and just didn't bother signing Taylor.

How about you post an actual realistic offseason.

Not sure why you spent this much time doing some weird mock where you trade away a bunch of guys for picks. This isn't madden

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
1. I get trading Mack or Quinn for draft picks but not both.
2. I get trading Montgomery but not this season. Fix the offensive line and then move him.
3. Christian Kirk would be an underwhelming signing after clearing all that cap space.
4. Tight ends take too long to develop. Pass on Chigoziem Okonkwo. I’ll keep preaching it into existence, the Bears should sign Gerald Everett.
5. Amare Barno won’t last until pick #232
6. Love the Josh Williams pick. I view him as a FS though.
7. Its a weak defensive line draft and you have the Bears using a lot of draft capital on a weak class.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Full Rebuild Mock Offseason - All Vets Must Go
First I used dennehy’s mock as a base so go check that out. Left some of his commentary unchanged as didn't feel like rewriting it if it was still applicable.
Pre-Combine Mock Offseason

The premise here is that this is a full rebuild with 2023 to be the first year to really compete. I am not saying the Bears should do a full rebuild or that they 100% could make the trades below for the picks I suggest but just thought I would see how this team could be constructed if I did strip it all down. Bears start with roughly $40 million dollars and 30 players under contract. I've left out 13 guys with futures contracts who will likely be on the practice squad, bring the cap space up to $40.

Cuts:
Trevathan
($3.3mil cleared post June 1): he hasn't been the same since pre-pandemic and his cap hit, at $11m is just too large. An easy cut IMO

-Whitehair ($8.1 m cleared, post-June 1 cut): Thought about waiting until next year to cut him or trading him but in the end felt a June 1 cut was better to create cap space for this year.

-Attachou ($2.3m cleared): Easy call for #4 DE who is more of an OLB, and with Edwards able to take snaps at DE in this defense.

Total $13.7m cleared. Bears now have 27 players signed and $53.7 mil in cap space.

Trades:
Mack
(6.2 m cleared): Premise here is full rebuild so moving on for Mack. I thought about the Chargers and the Eagles as good fits as both need outside pass rush and both are likely close to contending in their eyes. Ended up going with the Eagles given they have 3 first rounds and so can get an elite pass rusher with their 3rd first rounder ie pick 19 and still have 2 first rounders to address other needs. Their cap situation is a little tighter and they may end up trading for a vet QB so if that happens then Chargers and pick 17 would be a back up. Either way think both would consider if if they feel Mack catapults them to playoff contention.

-Quinn ($4.4 m cleared): Another team that needs proven pass rush and has the picks to spare are the Jets who have 2 first rounders and 2 second rounds. So figured we trade Quinn for the 1st second rounder ie pick 35.

-Goldman ($6.7m cleared): Really not the best fit in a Cover 2 but may still have some value at a reasonable price. Jags have 4 sixth rounders and could use an experienced NT in a 3-4 as Caldwell will be running a Todd Bowles D. They also have a ton of cap space. So we give them Goldman for pick 178

Foles - (8m cleared) - Pederson is back with Jags and getting a backup QB that knows the system in Foles may have value. Willing to eat some salary here if we have to but I am trading him to Jags for one of their 7th rounds ie 232.

Monty (2.7m cleared) - This one may upset some people but he is a FA in 2023 and we are not trying to compete in 2022 so I would trade him to the Texans or Dolphins for a 3rd rounder. Lovie has stated he wants to run the ball but currently the Texans RBs suck. Dolphins could use a workhorse back to help Tua. I figure 80 may be too high for the Texans test so settle for Dolphins pick at 101.

Total $28m cleared. Bears now have 22 players signed and $81.7 mil in cap space.

Resignings:
The new regime is not the old regime, and none of the multiyear contract free agents are resigned. Resign Daniels (50m/5y, 20m gtd, 6 against the cap), Grant (3) James (1.5) Scales (1.5), Bush (1) Horstad (1.5) Burns (1) DHC (1) Bars, Mustipher, Simmons (2.5 total for the three restricted/ERFA players), Punter (1)

Total $21m spent and 34 players under contract 60.7m in cap space.

Players signed who count against the Bears comp picks:
Terron Armstead
LT ($100m/5y/$50m gtd) 15 against the cap. This is the one real splurge for the Bears. A fast and athletic WR who can stretch the defense, he fits in well with Fields. Chark sees this as an opportunity to draw many targets and a contract that allows him to stay in line for a real payday at a young age if he does well.

Christian Kirk WR ($27m/3y/$15gtd) 6 against the cap. Underrated guy that has speed to get deep but a bit more size than Mooney.

Bradley Bozeman C ($32m/4y/$18gtd) 5 against the cap. Obviously the Bears need a center. And as luck would have it this is a great crop of FA centers. Bozeman is a fringe top 10 center in the league and comes at a decent price.

Larry Ogunjobi 3tech ($15m/3y/$8gtd) 3 against the cap. Ogunjobi is one gap player who has had a solid career penetrating and causing havoc in offensive backfields for Cleveland and Cincinnati. He got injured late in the season, and BJ Hill emerged as a very good 3T for Cincinnati. As both are free agents the Bengals stick with Hill and Ogunjobi does at a slight discount because of the injury.

Anthony Walker MIKE ($11m/3y/$6gtd) 2.5 against the cap. To me this one is a no-brainer, he flourished under Eberflus and Williams in Indy and will not break the bank. Three down MIKE and Roq slides in at WILL. A very good duo.

Desmond King S/Nickel ($12m/3y/$6.5gtd) 2.5 against the cap. This guy seems to always get lost in the shuffle. He was severely underdrafted out of Iowa and has never gotten a real contract in the NFL despite versatility and consistent steady play. He slides right in at S with the ability to cover in the slot.

Total Spent: $34mil. Bears have 40 players signed and 26.7mil in cap space left

Players who don't count against comp picks:
Lucas Patrick
G ($5.5m/2y/$3gtd) 2.5 against the cap. Comes with Getsy after plugging in the last two years at G for the Packers. Solid player.

One year deals:
Mike Hughes CB ($2.5). Poles identifies a nice value signing here. Hughes quietly played well for KC in the slot. He looks to Chicago to bolster his value by getting more snaps and maybe getting some reps at outside corner.

Tyrod Taylor QB ($3m). Need a backup given the trade of Foles and so we get a guy that has a similar skill set and can be a mentor for Fields.

Zaire Franklin SAM/ST ($1.25). Franklin follows Eberflus from Indy a guy who can play the SAM in 4-3 and will be a core special teams player.
George Odum S ($1.25). Same as above, but as a safety.

Total spent: $10.5mil. Bears have 45 players under contract and 16.2 million in cap space.
So we are getting a 1st rounder pick 18, 2nd rounder pick 35, 3rd rounder, 6th rounder, 7th rounder in 5 different trades. Don't you think this is a bit unrealistic?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Armstead has never been healthy for a full season no thanks

Feel free to swap out with your left tackle of choice then but the reason you can take a chance on Armstead is because you have Jenkins, Borom, Simmons and Jones that can all play LT or RT. So if he can give you 10-14 games of elite LT play, I will take it. Of course, if I don't tear it down and don't trade Mack, Quinn and cut Whitehair then I would not take a chance on Armstead so he only works if you are stripping it down IMO and freeing up all that extra cash and getting those extra draft picks.

msadows

Liked Posts:
So we are getting a 1st rounder pick 18, 2nd rounder pick 35, 3rd rounder, 6th rounder, 7th rounder in 5 different trades. Don't you think this is a bit unrealistic?

The analytics say that its very probable, actually.

If you have a PFF Premium membership you'd know that Poles is going to trade away the whole team.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Feel free to swap out with your left tackle of choice then but the reason you can take a chance on Armstead is because you have Jenkins, Borom, Simmons and Jones that can all play LT or RT. So if he can give you 10-14 games of elite LT play, I will take it. Of course, if I don't tear it down and don't trade Mack, Quinn and cut Whitehair then I would not take a chance on Armstead so he only works if you are stripping it down IMO and freeing up all that extra cash and getting those extra draft picks.

Why would he only work if you are stripping it down?

This is a new regime, they can prioritize spending wherever they like. There is plenty of cap flexibility to not make a starting left tackle a major priority.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Perhaps read what I said.

I am not saying the Bears should do a full rebuild or that they 100% could make the trades below for the picks I suggest but just thought I would see how this team could be constructed if I did strip it all down.

The premise is they wish to strip it all down and rebuild. Has nothing to do with whether I think it is realistic or not, it was simply exploring the scenario of a complete rebuild.

msadows

Liked Posts:

I am not saying the Bears should do a full rebuild or that they 100% could make the trades below for the picks I suggest but just thought I would see how this team could be constructed if I did strip it all down.

The premise is they wish to strip it all down and rebuild. Has nothing to do with whether I think it is realistic or not, it was simply exploring the scenario of a complete rebuild.

Not sure why they have to strip it all down. Thats not practical or logical. This team isn't awful, making it awful by getting rid of your best players isn't going to do anything other than instill a toxic culture for our young qb.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

What would the Bears get in a trade for Fields then?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
1. I get trading Mack or Quinn for draft picks but not both.
2. I get trading Montgomery but not this season. Fix the offensive line and then move him.
3. Christian Kirk would be an underwhelming signing after clearing all that cap space.
4. Tight ends take too long to develop. Pass on Chigoziem Okonkwo. I’ll keep preaching it into existence, the Bears should sign Gerald Everett.
5. Amare Barno won’t last until pick #232
6. Love the Josh Williams pick. I view him as a FS though.
7. Its a weak defensive line draft and you have the Bears using a lot of draft capital on a weak class.

1. Again if I am doing a full rebuild then neither is part of the long term future and I am not trying to compete in 2022 so not point in keeping either.
2. Monty is a free agent next season so this is the last year he can be traded.
3. That cap space was cleared mainly for Armstead. Kirk is a reasonable signing so I am don't have to reach for a WR but the long term future at WR is getting both Watson and Pierce to go along with Mooney.
4. Kmet is the starting TE. All we need Oko for is to stretch the field and provide YAC in two tight end sets. I also think we should give Horstead a chance in that role. Also we don't need anything from Oko next year because again not trying to compete.
5. Maybe not, he was listed as undrafted prior to the combine but may now get drafted earlier due to his performance but he is definitely a guy that looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane right now.
6. Sure you can try him at CB and move him to S if it doesn't work out.
7. At the time I picked those guys were BPA.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why would he only work if you are stripping it down?

This is a new regime, they can prioritize spending wherever they like. There is plenty of cap flexibility to not make a starting left tackle a major priority.

Because if you aren't creating the 80m in cap space then I think you are better off with more modest signings like Poles has suggested.
Not sure why they have to strip it all down. Thats not practical or logical. This team isn't awful, making it awful by getting rid of your best players isn't going to do anything other than instill a toxic culture for our young qb.

Never said they had to. The premise is if they chose to. I already have mocks that operate on the premise that we are trying to compete in 2022 which is my preference. Again this was just looking at how I would construct the team if I chose to strip it all down.
What would the Bears get in a trade for Fields then?

Why be stupid? If you don't want to engage in a hypothetical scenario then there are other threads for you but the obvious distinction here is Fields is part of the long term future. Mack and Quinn would be a part of the short to mid term and again I already have mock drafts that look at roster building with those two on the roster.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Because if you aren't creating the 80m in cap space then I think you are better off with more modest signings like Poles has suggested.

Never said they had to. The premise is if they chose to. I already have mocks that operate on the premise that we are trying to compete in 2022 which is my preference. Again this was just looking at how I would construct the team if I chose to strip it all down.

Why be stupid? If you don't want to engage in a hypothetical scenario then there are other threads for you but the obvious distinction here is Fields is part of the long term future. Mack and Quinn would be a part of the short to mid term and again I already have mock drafts that look at roster building with those two on the roster.
Fair enough. If you have the time to make this thread then more power to you. I just think it's so unrealistic to go this overboard in a rebuild. If the Bears were the Lions I could go along with it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fair enough. If you have the time to make this thread then more power to you. I just think it's so unrealistic to go this overboard in a rebuild. If the Bears were the Lions I could go along with it.

Wasn't that hard to make because most of the moves were already done by Dennehy in his thread hence why I credited him. All I had to do was copy and paste his OP and then add in the trades and redo the draft. There are two paths for the Bears.

1. A quick retool and makes us a playoff contender in 2022. We can go this route but the downside for a new regime is it probably shortens their clock as expectations will be higher if we operate on the premise that we keep Mack and Quinn and go for it as soon as 2022.

2. A tear down and remake in Poles and Eberflus own image with the added benefit that it probably gives them a longer leash for the rebuild.

I prefer 1 but allow for the possibility of 2 as we won't know which Poles and Eberflus are going for until FA.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Wasn't that hard to make because most of the moves were already done by Dennehy in his thread hence why I credited him. All I had to do was copy and paste his OP and then add in the trades and redo the draft. There are two paths for the Bears.

1. A quick retool and makes us a playoff contender in 2022. We can go this route but the downside for a new regime is it probably shortens their clock as expectations will be higher if we operate on the premise that we keep Mack and Quinn and go for it as soon as 2022.

2. A tear down and remake in Poles and Eberflus own image with the added benefit that it probably gives them a longer leash for the rebuild.

I prefer 1 but allow for the possibility of 2 as we won't know which Poles and Eberflus are going for until FA.
I would prefer 1 as well. With a rebuild, we really are not going to get much equity in return for any of our assets with the exception being Mack. I have been outspoken about trading him if we can get a 1st for him. But other than that, I would rather have Monty over a mid round pick even if it is one year. I would rather have Goldman over a late round pick. Early 2nd for Quinn would be tempting but he was so good this year and to trade him for a non blue chip caliber player just doesn't seem worth it to me.

The Bears have 2 young great players on D in Johnson and Smith. And really a strong D line when healthy. I really think they are not that far away from being really good if they can add depth to the secondary. But more importantly, we need a decent team around Fields to get a proper evaluation. A full out rebuild would almost feel like another rookie season for him. I would hate that.