Remydat's Roster Evaluation

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Remy I think this is brilliant. I agree with just about everything you said here. Well done. We'll STILL be probably 8-9 or worse, even 6-11 but it will still be a LARGE improvement. Good job.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Okay even if you don’t think either team improved through the draft, which is pretty comical, you went ahead and named 2 teams that lost HOF qbs. Not exactly proving much of a point here.
How is it not proving a point? You said every team improves. Teams that lost HOF qbs did not in fact improve. The draft did make them better from what their current roster was as every teams draft should do. But they still got worse from last season by getting significantly worse at the most important position

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
How is it not proving a point? You said every team improves. Teams that lost HOF qbs did not in fact improve. The draft did make them better from what their current roster was as every teams draft should do. But they still got worse from last season by getting significantly worse at the most important position
How many other teams lost HOF qbs? How many teams are in the nfl? So you’re saying that 2 didn’t improve so that proves your point? Lmao

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
How about this exercise - did the rest of the teams in the NFC north improve more or less than the bears?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
How many other teams lost HOF qbs? How many teams are in the nfl? So you’re saying that 2 didn’t improve so that proves your point? Lmao
Teams have lost HOF qbs multiple years in a row and they've all shockingly got worse (NO-brees, NE- Brady, even indy with rivers), so it isn't really an outlier for qbs to move anymore

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Seahawks and falcons didn't improve
The Bears are in the same stages of a rebuild as the Seahawks and Falcons. Outside of a Bears forum, everyone else is lumping the Bears in this group. The one lone distinction of the Bears over these two teams is the QB, and it's not a given Justin Fields is the answer.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
How about this exercise - did the rest of the teams in the NFC north improve more or less than the bears?
The packers offense likely downgraded more than their defense improved. Minny improved probably a bit more than the Bears, both mostly on the defensive side, but minny already has a good offense. Lions improved the most in the division

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
The Bears are in the same stages of a rebuild as the Seahawks and Falcons. Outside of a Bears forum, everyone else is lumping the Bears in this group. The one lone distinction of the Bears over these two teams is the QB, and it's not a given Justin Fields is the answer.
OK, I never argued they weren't. Thanks for your thoughts

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
OK, I never argued they weren't. Thanks for your thoughts
So you listed 2 teams that lost HOF qbs and already conceded that 3 other teams in the division improved more (because they didn’t lose HOF qbs).

Do you see what I’m saying? We could go across the league and mention many other teams that improved more, especially teams that had first round picks.

I agree the bears improved, but so did just about every other team in the entire league. Most teams improved more as well as the bears lost key defensive veterans in the rebuild

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
So you listed 2 teams that lost HOF qbs and already conceded that 3 other teams in the division improved more (because they didn’t lose HOF qbs).

Do you see what I’m saying? We could go across the league and mention many other teams that improved more, especially teams that had first round picks.

I agree the bears improved, but so did just about every other team in the entire league. Most teams improved more as well as the bears lost key defensive veterans in the rebuild
Nobody outside of Seattle has stanned for Drew Lock more than you have based on his three years in the league.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

My argument was never anything to do with the bears. I think they are going to be really bad this season.

Btw I also think GB got worse because they lost the best wr in the nfl

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Nobody outside of Seattle has stanned for Drew Lock more than you have based on his three years in the league.
So one post saying lock has potential upside, not even remotely close to any planet that Russell Wilson is on, is ‘standing’ for drew lock?

Holy shit

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
the NFL's parity is strong. one year they might be contenders, the next year they might be cellar dwellers. and vice versa. I'm not saying the Bears are going to win the division, but until they actually play all this nonsensical bickering about how they're #32 is a total waste of time.
Agreed.

Anything else is just hot taking. Which a great majority of the posters here will constantly have a heart attack over.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
My argument was never anything to do with the bears. I think they are going to be really bad this season.
So I said ‘every team’ improved and you took that as literally possible as you could to name 2 single teams of the 32 in the nfl to prove me wrong?

Damn.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
So I said ‘every team’ improved and you took that as literally possible as you could to name 2 single teams of the 32 in the nfl to prove me wrong?

Damn.
3, gb is likely worse too. KC is a wash, significantly better on D but a lot worse on O. You made an inaccurate statement, just figured I'd help you see your err

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
3, gb is likely worse too. KC is a wash, significantly better on D but a lot worse on O. You made an inaccurate statement, just figured I'd help you see your err
I hope I’m wrong but I think GB got better on defense, and losing Adams is a huge hole to fill but I still see them competing for the Super Bowl with Aaron Rodgers.

KC lost some players and it is normal for the top teams in the league to lose players due to having too many good ones to be able to pay, but I think they made some smart moves. Obviously still a contender for the Super Bowl.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I hope I’m wrong but I think GB got better on defense, and losing Adams is a huge hole to fill but I still see them competing for the Super Bowl with Aaron Rodgers.

KC lost some players and it is normal for the top teams in the league to lose players due to having too many good ones to be able to pay, but I think they made some smart moves. Obviously still a contender for the Super Bowl.
I think they are both contenders still GB because the nfc sucks and KC because they are a great team. I think the loss of tyreek hill is going to have a big impact on that offense though.